Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sci-Fi don't have a clue what they are doing anyway think about it, their name is Sci-Fi and they are showing wrestling, my shoes have more intellect than them!!
    I HATE SY-FY

Comment

uh i would put someone who wouldn't show stinking wrestling on the channel

Also let me say that i am increadibley perterbed with scifi right now and i notice that people have been either angry or defending scifi having minor disagreements so i think that a big fight may occur soon let me repeat though that i hate the people in charge of scifi though
      sigpic

Comment

Stephen Colbert

Comment

like the title says...
          http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4...tributedc0.jpg

Comment

In what way do you mean?

1. It's progress, ships, technological advancements?
            2. It's writing, characters, story development?
            3. It's popularity, spin-offs, worldwide franchise name?
            //

O'Neill: Phasers?
            Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

I can't rank too many shows because my mood changes too often.

My number 1 has been Stargate SG-1 for many years, and will probably continue to be.

Some of my other favorites, in no particular order...

Stargate Atlantis
              ST TNG
              ST Voyager
              ST DS9
              X-Files
              Firefly
              Farscape
              Doctor Who

And many more. Some I do not consider to be scifi, but oh well.

2004 Get in the Gate Winner

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl
                In what way do you mean?

1. It's progress, ships, technological advancements?
                2. It's writing, characters, story development?
                3. It's popularity, spin-offs, worldwide franchise name?
                Yes

Yes

Yes

Actually I don't think it's becoming, I think it became a while ago.

2004 Get in the Gate Winner

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

IMHO comparing Stargate to Star Trek or visca versa is high praise for both!. They are both my two favorite scifi franchises of all-time!.
                  the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                  Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

stargate is what i thought enterprise should be, showing the process of getting the technolgy, but it prob would have taken too long

Comment

1) stargate and stargate atlantis ( i love them equally)
                      2) firefly
                      3) voyeger
                      4)deep space 9
                      5)farscape
                      6) buffy
                      7) angel
                      8) lost

and there are much more

Comment

In terms of popularity, well, I'm not 100% convinced at this time. If people are still talking about Stargate 40 years later and are watching a new series or film, then yes it will be the new Star Trek.
                        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I was at the 40th Star Trek Convention in Vegas and EVERYONE I spoke with were also big fans of Stargate and Atlantis. I can totally see it still being popular 40 years down the road!

Comment

I know I'm answering my own criteria but nevermind:

1. No. I think Stargate still prides itself on being a current-day series which puts emphasis on the US Military and their primitive weapons. Although there is tech which is very similar to Star Trek and indeed any basic sci-fi series, I've always appreciated Stargate for its unique setting in 21st century earth and the way it works as a result.

2. Stargate is quite similar to Star Trek in this regard. They both emphasize enemies, aliens, travel and quite often pose ethical questions and problems for the teams to face. The most compelling thing in both franchises are the stories and the characters - its the main reason that both Star Trek and Stargate are my favourite sci-fi shows - while others have never appealed to me.

3. I don't think anyone could argue that they are similar in this regard. I have no doubt that had Stargate started a couple of decades earlier both franchises would be equally as famous and popular by this stage. I'd love to think that, in another 30 years, Stargate will have become what Star Trek is today. Based on its current progress it may do it even sooner than that.
                            //

O'Neill: Phasers?
                            Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

We can only hope that Stargate can match the longevity and success of a franchise like Star Trek. If so then we'll have more great shows for many years to come.

Comment

Come on, let's be serious.
                                Remember in the golden age of stargate we HAD to use the gate, there wasn't any convienent beaming out right before the explosions. We barely even use the gate anymore, if it's gonna be based on a ship call it something else, but Stargate should revolve around Stargate, not Daedalus, not Odyssey. Stargate

Comment

Working...
                                X