This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gate question

When there's an incoming wormhole, does the ring spin or does the 'gate just come on and flushes?

Also, why is it that there are guards on our end while initiating an outgoing wormhole? I haven't noticed it lately but they used to do it a lot.

Sometimes it spins and other times it just flushes...it depends on time constraints

Maybe it didnt click on them yet that the stargate is only one way
    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by babaganoosh
      When there's an incoming wormhole, does the ring spin or does the 'gate just come on and flushes?

Also, why is it that there are guards on our end while initiating an outgoing wormhole? I haven't noticed it lately but they used to do it a lot.
      Good question. It doesn't spin the chevrons just light up. Watch an episode where a team is dialing earth and the should show earth on the other side.

Comment

it spun and light up in the first episode.

like Eoin said, its really about time restraints. the only way i can think off to explain it from the shows point of view is how fast you dial. take your time, it can spin but rush it and it doesn't have time. it can explain why SG1 dial from earth and the gate spins but if they dial from offworld, it doesn't because it just takes a few seconds

sigpic

Comment

that was a great ? i have to go along with what every one else said thank u
          carter "colone?"
          o'neill "it,s my side arm, i swear. no giggling."

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
            it spun and light up in the first episode.

like Eoin said, its really about time restraints. the only way i can think off to explain it from the shows point of view is how fast you dial. take your time, it can spin but rush it and it doesn't have time. it can explain why SG1 dial from earth and the gate spins but if they dial from offworld, it doesn't because it just takes a few seconds
            thats what i would go with
            Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
            sigpic

Comment

Easy to agree with all of you.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Sometimes we see the inner track spin and the chevrons light up. Other times it's just the chevrons lighting up. Inconsistent, yes. bothersome, not really.

Comment

Working...
                X