No announcement yet.

Star Trek Ships vs. Stargate Ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Hive" suggest otherwise. The first hive ship to explode took explodes after only 15 seconds of taking fire. The second hive ship was also dumb enough to destroy the first ship while it was less then a kilometer away so that it was almost certain to be destroyed.
    "If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them." - Isaac Asimov

Comment

no stargates in star trek universe .. so.... they cant kill the replicators ! the upgrades etc etc
      Hallowed are the Ori !!!
      Follow the path of the Enlightment !
      Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
        but as usual we'l find a weakness and destroy all of them
        duh. I'm still wondering what it will be.
        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by cs-comm
          The Federation has ~1000 ships (fighters cap ships combined). The gould considered a 30 ship fleet small so lets say a big fleet is 100 ships. If each system lord had a big fleet (nessesary if they wanted to protect their territories) and since the only really power system lords where Ra, Sokar, Anubis, Apophis, Baal and Yu we can know the ~amount of gould ships in the milky way galaxy to be ~600 motherships (not counting deathgliders and alkesh). So if all the system lords, including the ones who are dead and/or have had there fleets destroyed, allied when their fleets are strongest, they would probably match the federation if not exceed them in numbers. Also since gould hyperdrive technology is faster then trek warp drive (on par with borg transwarp) they get the edge in any conflict.

Comparing trek ships to wraith hiveships:
          hive ships are larger then anything that the feds or any other trek race (except the borg) have built. However they lack shields and have horrible armour and only 12 heavy guns each ("The Hive" Atlantis: 211). trek ships probably wouldn't be able to use there transporters due to the Wraith's jamming tech and there armour is also just as weak but they have shields. Taking into account that the wraith only have 60 Hive ships (an enormous fleet?) they probably wouldn't come out on top against the feds who could simply attack each ship with numerical superiority.

I'm tired of everyone saying "the replicators vs. anyone = replicators win". This is in direct contradiction to the fact that the replicators have fought only two major conflicts and lost both! People talk about them using time dilation fields to buld massive amounts of ships but when this actually hapenned what did the replicators do? They didn't do anything! They just sat around and waited for the Asgard to think of a way to defeat them.

In conlcusion, trek ships come out on par with SG ships like motherships and wraith hive ships. It is unlikly that the Asgard would have some huge advantage in technology because they're ships aren't known to vastly superior to gould motherships.

In short: SG vs ST = tie

edit:
          I forgot to mention Cronus and Heru-ur.
          Actually. I think I heard somewhere, or maybe read it from an episode summary on Gateworld, that Teal'c had said there's about 200 hataks in the galaxy? I would think that the bulk of their fleet would be made up of mid-sized ships. Heavily armed (yet not bogged down with artillery), heavily armored, yet smaller and therefore faster. Equipped with cloaking devices and all. Also, the smaller the ship, the more maneuverable. The smaller the ship, the more midsized ships that can be produced.
          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

StArGaTe sHiPs!!!!

do i need to say this agein?!?!!
            stargate ships rock!
            look better
            fire better
            fly better
            smell better (lol!!)
            are better!

and as harlan the tin-man says....

this is better! comtraya!

Comment

If Star wars was in it would beat both but if just those two Star Trek has better then Stargate.
              Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
              Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
              new enemy of the Ori
              At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

If we include Dominion, Borg, Romulan, Klingon etc. Trek would win on sheer numbers. Plus, Romulan D'deridex class are immense, an army of that and Borg cubes and some Starfleet ships as back-up could destroy about anything. Given there's millions of cubes round the joint, Trek would win hands down.

EDIT: I thought this was a discussion on design, technology etc. rather than a "versus" thread. Gutted.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
                  If we include Dominion, Borg, Romulan, Klingon etc. Trek would win on sheer numbers. Plus, Romulan D'deridex class are immense, an army of that and Borg cubes and some Starfleet ships as back-up could destroy about anything. Given there's millions of cubes round the joint, Trek would win hands down.
                  Correct. Anything Stargate has done and can do, Trek has already done before and better too.

You want firepower = Borg + 8472

You want planet killers = http://www.startrek.com/startrek/vie...icle/1672.html

You want big + bad = Federation spacedocks, Borg cubes, voth city ship, Dominion Battleship, Krenim Temporal ship,

You want UBER big + bad = The Whale probe, V'ger, the Dyson Sphere

http://www.merzo.net/

You want speed = Warp 10 + the Traveler

You want numbers = Federation + Klingons + Romulans + Cardassians + Ferengi + Dominion + Borg + also you can double all that if you take into consideration the Mirror Universe. The Terran Empire before Kirk's crossing would have own3d all.

You want pwnage = Kamikazi Jem'Hadar fighters, 'nuff said.

Comment

hebridians + tollans+ asgards+ replicators + tauri + ashcen + jaffa nation + lucian alliance + wraiths + re' tou + someones goaulds + ancients + furlings ?
                    + vala aliens + Ori's + etc etc etc
                    Hallowed are the Ori !!!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Fifth
                      hebridians + tollans+ asgards+ replicators + tauri + ashcen + jaffa nation + lucian alliance + wraiths + re' tou + someones goaulds + ancients + furlings ?

and that can infinite doubled with the mirrors and time devices
                      Hallowed are the Ori !!!

Comment

Time devices? Do you have any idea how many of those Star Trek has?!

Comment

Plus, theoretically, the races could share tech, correct? The Romulans have been known to share clocking devices and now with the new "flawless" cloak (nemesis), my arguement continues:

"You can't shoot what you can't see."

Imagine a fleet, numbering in the tens of thousands, all invisible and you.... you lot with your puny 600 Ha'tak, couple dozen Asgard Beliskner/O'Neill class and an Aschen Harvester. "Dominated" as the guy in Unreal Tournement would say.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Fifth

and that can infinite doubled with the mirrors and time devices
                            Ooh, you don't want to be playing with fire, i only listed the heavy weights of the Star Trek universe. There's still an army of backup races.

And how much experience with time travel does stargate have? all their time travelling were accidents or ended up bad. Stargate are still n00bs are time travel. Go USS Relativity!!

Originally posted by Anubis69
                            Plus, theoretically, the races could share tech, correct? The Romulans have been known to share clocking devices and now with the new "flawless" cloak (nemesis), my arguement continues:

"You can't shoot what you can't see."

Imagine a fleet, numbering in the tens of thousands, all invisible and you.... you lot with your puny 600 Ha'tak, couple dozen Asgard Beliskner/O'Neill class and an Aschen Harvester. "Dominated" as the guy in Unreal Tournement would say.

I believe that cloak was Reman not Romulan, but don't quote me on that. And anyway bah, forget the Romulan/Reman cloaks, they're old news. Phase cloaks are the new gizmo's, not only is it a standard cloak but it enables the ship to go through solid matter (TNG ep, The pegasus) Same sort of thing teh Tollans have except equipped on ships. Or the prototype Klingon cloak in ST:VI, Chang's bird of prey can fire when cloaked, ZOMG!!

Comment

earth has cloacking technology right?

Comment

Originally posted by shaqarava
                                Ooh, you don't want to be playing with fire, i only listed the heavy weights of the Star Trek universe. There's still an army of backup races.

And how much experience with time travel does stargate have? all their time travelling were accidents or ended up bad. Stargate are still n00bs are time travel. Go USS Relativity!!

I believe that cloak was Reman not Romulan, but don't quote me on that. And anyway bah, forget the Romulan/Reman cloaks, they're old news. Phase cloaks are the new gizmo's, not only is it a standard cloak but it enables the ship to go through solid matter (TNG ep, The pegasus) Same sort of thing teh Tollans have except equipped on ships. Or the prototype Klingon cloak in ST:VI, Chang's bird of prey can fire when cloaked, ZOMG!!
                                Cheerfully withdrawn! Well, my point's still valid anyway, the Romulans did share they're cloaking tech...

^I take it you mean SG? No. Well, in Trek they didn't either. The treaty with the Romulans didn't allow for it, until the Dominion came into play, and they leant one to Starfleet for use in the Gamma Quadrant.
                                Last edited by Anubis69; 19 January 2006, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X