No announcement yet.

Star Trek Ships vs. Stargate Ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both series ships are fairly evenly matched. Id say the Goa'uld were about as powerful as the cardassians (pre-dominion), so the federation/klingons/romulans were more powerful. Goa'uld ships are slightly bigger on average, a mothership being 1 Km across, which is bigger than any federation ship, but smaller than a warbird. The Enterprise E would take a mothership.

Quantum torpedoes arent that powerfull as such, but they are very FAST. They travel at warp speed (according to the star trek technical manual) and the matter/antimatter reaction is very rapid and focused, causing huge damage to sheilds. I dont think you can compare them to slow and unfocused nukes, which wont produce the sort of exotic particles and radiation that an antimatter explosion would (and indeed does, we have tried in on earth in particle accelerators)

Trek/Asgard beaming seems quite even, the only difference being the asguard can beam bigger items, and use the beam as a weapon.

Asguard/borg speed. They are both fast, but it looks like the asguard can go further because they arent limited by transwarp hubs. But what about the Voth (from voyager- Distant origin) they to had transwarp, nothing was mentioned about needing hubs so in theory they were faster and could go further than anyone.

Overall id say on first encounter the Asgard would take the borg, but the borg would learn and the Asguard would have to run..

Borg/Replicators. Borg nanoprobes v. replicator cells, thats what it comes down to. The replicators dont assimilate, they 'eat' so id say the borg nanoprobes, being smaller and more aggressive, would win that one. They would adapt to the replicators and learn how to destroy them, probably in the same way the ancient weapon did.
    Last edited by rovex; 19 October 2005, 05:18 AM.

Comment

in the end ancients kick ass and are 1 st place asgard are in 2 nd and then everyone else will die coz the replicators would whoop there ass

Comment

Originally posted by the true apothis
        in the end ancients kick ass and are 1 st place asgard are in 2 nd and then everyone else will die coz the replicators would whoop there ass
        But if you are talking Replicator then the Asgard would go too
        Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
        Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
        new enemy of the Ori
        At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Originally posted by rovex
          Goa'uld ships are slightly bigger on average, a mothership being 1 Km across, which is bigger than any federation ship, but smaller than a warbird.
          I never had the impression that Romulan Warbirds (I presume that is what you are reffering to) were anywhere near that large... care to share your source materials?

Comment

Originally posted by Caprice
            I never had the impression that Romulan Warbirds (I presume that is what you are reffering to) were anywhere near that large... care to share your source materials?
            I used Wikipedia to look it up for you. The information there is likely to be about as accurate as you're going to get. At the least it should be as good as the omnipedia here and probably better considering how fanatical a lot of trekkies/trekkers tend to be.

Galaxy Class Starship
            • # Dimensions:
            • * Height: 195.26 m
            • * Length: 642.51 m
            • * Beam: 463.73 m
            • # Decks: 42
            • # Displacement: 4,960,000 metric tons

Then here is what it gives for the D'deridex class Warbird.
            The D'deridex class Warbird, also known to Starfleet as a B-type Warbird, is a heavily-armed class of starship used by the Romulans in the mid- to late 24th century. The D'deridex class, which has been seen to be powered by an artificial quantum singularity, is almost twice the length of a Starfleet Galaxy class starship and believed to have greater firepower but to be slower in speed. The D'deridex class served during the Dominion War with significant losses. On board, decks are lettered and sections numbered; some quarters are on C deck and launch bay 3 is on deck E, section 25. A warp signature may be detected through the cloak, particularly at higher speeds. The D'deridex class was first encountered by Starfleet circa stardate 41986.0 in 2364 when the USS Enterprise-D encountered a warbird commanded by Commander Tebok.

Comment

ok, on startrek, no matter how big and powerful the federation ship seems to be, its always gets beaten, heavily damaged and disabled/destroyed even vs pathetic small ships with catapults for weapons. Stargate ships would definatly win. The daedalus would kick all of starfleets vessals (well from pounding it took from the wraith hive ships on The seige part 3, and it survived!) and starfleet would be like, ' you can't attack him it infringes some directive. Crappy losers, stargate ships will win

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
                Galaxy Class Starship[list][*] * Length: 642.51 m
                Then here is what it gives for the D'deridex class Warbird.
                The D'deridex class...is almost twice the length of a Starfleet Galaxy class starship
                Damn... That's wild! I never would have guessed they were that large.

Comment

Yeah, well. You know what they say, it's not the size that matters.

Comment

aaNubiss is correct

A goa'uld ha'tak goes at least 32,000 times the speed of light... perhaps potentially more judging from the length of time that it takes system lords to get from one part of the galaxy to another

He would have got that figure from the episode "Enemies"

When SG-1 and Selmac/Carter were flung into a distant galaxy due to the supernova... with Apophis on their tail

Now this was pre-replicator... before the replicators infested the ship

Anyway what Selmac/Carter said was that:

(Paraphrasing)

"It would take 125 years to get back to our galaxy at top speed... and we're stranded 4 million light years away"

So... divide 4 million by 125... and you'll get 32,000 times the speed of light. Simple... and a lot faster than trek ships

And it seems most space-faring races use naquadah in their weapons systems... and naquadah as a weapon is pretty danged powerful... I refer to a few of the previous posters who mentioned the gigaton naquadah enhanced nuke that they tried to destroy Apophis' 2 ha'tak vessels. Goa'uld use naquadah enhanced explosives too to some degree... In "The warrior" the jaffa was sent on a suicide mission with a naquadah enhanced bomb strapped to his chest.

Comment

If you thought that's large a Sovereign class starship is about 750 metres long.
                      Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                      Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

i will go for stargate ships anyday!!

i mean consider a beliskner against a intrepid class(voyager)it would anahialate(i cant spell)the intrepid and considering that in voyager a intrepid has won miltiple battles with the borg...u do the maths...
                        Last edited by Major Tyler; 10 December 2005, 10:01 PM. Reason: merge
                        tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
                        yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
                        Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

replicatos vs everyting = replicators winners

are inmmortals !
                          Hallowed are the Ori !!!
                          Follow the path of the Enlightment !
                          Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

Comment

imo star trek = Ashen or tollan in terms of tech.
                            So star trek owns goauld, but equal to asgard
                            42'nd Street - Points of view

"Looking forward to season 38 of sg1"

Comment

The Federation has ~1000 ships (fighters cap ships combined). The gould considered a 30 ship fleet small so lets say a big fleet is 100 ships. If each system lord had a big fleet (nessesary if they wanted to protect their territories) and since the only really power system lords where Ra, Sokar, Anubis, Apophis, Baal and Yu we can know the ~amount of gould ships in the milky way galaxy to be ~600 motherships (not counting deathgliders and alkesh). So if all the system lords, including the ones who are dead and/or have had there fleets destroyed, allied when their fleets are strongest, they would probably match the federation if not exceed them in numbers. Also since gould hyperdrive technology is faster then trek warp drive (on par with borg transwarp) they get the edge in any conflict.

Comparing trek ships to wraith hiveships:
                              hive ships are larger then anything that the feds or any other trek race (except the borg) have built. However they lack shields and have horrible armour and only 12 heavy guns each ("The Hive" Atlantis: 211). trek ships probably wouldn't be able to use there transporters due to the Wraith's jamming tech and there armour is also just as weak but they have shields. Taking into account that the wraith only have 60 Hive ships (an enormous fleet?) they probably wouldn't come out on top against the feds who could simply attack each ship with numerical superiority.

I'm tired of everyone saying "the replicators vs. anyone = replicators win". This is in direct contradiction to the fact that the replicators have fought only two major conflicts and lost both! People talk about them using time dilation fields to buld massive amounts of ships but when this actually hapenned what did the replicators do? They didn't do anything! They just sat around and waited for the Asgard to think of a way to defeat them.

In conlcusion, trek ships come out on par with SG ships like motherships and wraith hive ships. It is unlikly that the Asgard would have some huge advantage in technology because they're ships aren't known to vastly superior to gould motherships.

In short: SG vs ST = tie

edit:
                              I forgot to mention Cronus and Heru-ur.
                              Last edited by cs-comm; 15 January 2006, 01:06 PM.
                              "If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them." - Isaac Asimov

Comment

Im not sure about the hiveships, i was under the impression that while they had no shields they did have tough hull.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
                                X