Star Trek Ships vs. Stargate Ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seastallion
    Actually species 8472 wasn't even from our universe. Anyways, while it is true that Earth of Gate-verse didn't invent its own technologies we're just talking about ships that actually exist in each fiction-verse regardless of how they were obtained. I mean if you want to use Q, I bet Oma Desala, and the other Ascended could jump around any old place they wanted to as well. As to future Earth of the Gate-verse... god only knows. That is one of the beauties of Stargate... we're dealing with now, and not then. However, if the eps. 1969 was any indication, in only a single generation Earth becomes very advanced. Cassie (old Cassie), was able to open a wormhole through the Stargate without the vortex using only a jeweled device on her hand. The implication was that Earth would become very advanced, and with the discovery of Atlantis, I'm not suprised. It will only take time for its secrets to be uncovered, and for the humans of Earth to pickup where the Ancients left off.
    Musta heard wrong about 8472, I always thought they were from our universe just not from our part of the universe at a significant distance where there was no space but only matter. Didn't know they were literally not from out universe as in an alternate universe.

Anyway Ascended Ancients are weak. I mean what's the worst carnage they've done? Wipe out a civiliation, pff. Q muskets can do worse, lol. If I recall in the Q civil war, every time a Q weapon was discharged it caused a supernova in our universe.

As for humanity's future in Trek. In TNG ep 'Hide and Q' Q turns Riker into a Q to learn from him cos the continium fear humanity that we will one day become more powreful than they are

Just thought I'd add this bit in...

The Prometheus (Earth's first hyperdrive capable ship), can reach a sublight speed of of about half the speed of light. The ships on Star Trek, can only go a maximum of what they call 'Full Impulse' at sublight speeds which is about a quarter of the speed of light. So... even at sublight speeds, Gate-verse ships are TWICE as fast as Trek-verse ships...!
    ...well...promethus looks stupid, ha, take that, lol. Sersiouly though I admit i have no idea when it comes to speed calculations. But Gate ships aren't as manoeuvrable compared to say Sovereign or Defiant class ships, and are still limited to railguns and missiles.

Comment

Actually, I didn't forget Transwarp, I just ignored it. The Quantum Slipstream is faster than Transwarp so why mention it? As to warp 10, Tom Paris and Capt. Janeway occupied every point in the entire universe, (not just the galaxy) and your right it turned out not to be feasible, so it was abandoned. As to the Traveller, he's not a member of the Federation so really doesn't count. Those were specifically rare instances and not the norm. My previous post dealt with only the norm for each Earth-based civilization in the two different Universes.

However, if you want to get further out... the Space-Folding ship in the Dune-Universe are faster than anything mentioned so far. They can jump to any point in the universe instantaneously, no matter the distance. Nothing I've ever heard of can beat that. Essentially the Navigators of the Guild had only to think of where they wanted to go... and *blink*... they were there. That is fast..!

*edit* Oh... and lest I forget... the Asgard have even faster Intergalactic hyperdrives than Earth does. Thor's ship was able to leave the galaxy of Ida (god only knows how far away... Andromeda is 2 Million LY's away and is the nearest major galaxy, so Ida could be a great deal further.), and travel to Earth in the space of only a few minutes. This means the Asgard could likely travel from Pegasus galaxy to Earth in about a minute. *whistles*.... That doesn't even count whatever weapons they might have.
      You can't mention Space-Fold without the SDF-1, and I don't think this thread is ready for a Star Trek / Star Gate / Macross trifecta!

Interesting thought about the distances covered between the hyperdrive engines and Warp core engines though.

It's all in the writing though to be honest. If a writer declares that a certain area is "x" ways away and you have to reach it in 3 days, well then your ship had better be capable of that according to the quantum-physics laws or other appropriate laws of that said universe.

However in this discussion hyperdrive as it has been described is a superior form of travel when compared to standard Warp drive.

But you must ask yourself this. How long do you think it would take the Federation to adapt the hyperdrive models to their own starships given their immense scientific community?

Comment

Originally posted by Darschu
        But you must ask yourself this. How long do you think it would take the Federation to adapt the hyperdrive models to their own starships given their immense scientific community?
        Yah, Odo or some other changeling could just infiltrate Stargate Command, take the hyperdrive schematics, romp Carter while she's asleep, and return to the Federation for their scientists to study and integrate it into their ships. All in a day's work for a changeling

Comment

Originally posted by Darschu
          You can't mention Space-Fold without the SDF-1, and I don't think this thread is ready for a Star Trek / Star Gate / Macross trifecta!

Interesting thought about the distances covered between the hyperdrive engines and Warp core engines though.

It's all in the writing though to be honest. If a writer declares that a certain area is "x" ways away and you have to reach it in 3 days, well then your ship had better be capable of that according to the quantum-physics laws or other appropriate laws of that said universe.

However in this discussion hyperdrive as it has been described is a superior form of travel when compared to standard Warp drive.

Well, I agree... It is all based on what is established in each episode written by the team of writers for each show. However, given that we're comparing existant technologies as established in each show, Stargate has the upper advantage in terms of speed. However, if we're going to get really technical... Star Trek ships are 400 years in the future, while Gate ships are now. If you were to give Earth an extra 400 years, to catch up in equivalent time... Earth ships of the Gate-verse would just totally decimate anything the Federation could bring their way.
          The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
          Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
          My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
          Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Well, I agree... It is all based on what is established in each episode written by the team of writers for each show. However, given that we're comparing existant technologies as established in each show, Stargate has the upper advantage in terms of speed. However, if we're going to get really technical... Star Trek ships are 400 years in the future, while Gate ships are now. If you were to give Earth an extra 400 years, to catch up in equivalent time... Earth ships of the Gate-verse would just totally decimate anything the Federation could bring their way.
            If I recall Captain Janeway from the future timeline brought way advanced technologies back in time with her to equip the past voyager such as funky looking armour as well as multiphasic torepdoes which, tbh would pwn gate ships.

Anyway, Eath-Gate technologies aren't invented they are taken, adapted and integrated. They've done it virtually all the major species on their unvierse; Goa'uld, Asgard, Ancient. So you could just equally have the Federation take an integrate every Trek species' tech into their own.

Comment

Originally posted by shaqarava
              If I recall Captain Janeway from the future timeline brought way advanced technologies back in time with her to equip the past voyager such as funky looking armour as well as multiphasic torepdoes which, tbh would pwn gate ships.

Anyway, Eath-Gate technologies aren't invented they are taken, adapted and integrated. They've done it virtually all the major species on their unvierse; Goa'uld, Asgard, Ancient. So you could just equally have the Federation take an integrate every Trek species' tech into their own.
              *sigh* This is getting ridiculous. There is no way to 'win' for anyone in this debate. I prefer not to get into the speculation of what so-and-so could do, rather what they HAVE done. In terms of established capability Gate-verse ships are faster. Trek-verse ships are generally much more numerous and powerful. Here again, I'm only dealing with Earth-based civilization in both fiction-verses. Even so, as I said before, your dealing with a 400 years difference between them. Trek-verse takes place 400 years in the future, Gate-verse takes place right now.

All I am saying, is that if we're gonna speculate as to Earth's capabilities in 400 years in Gate-verse as opposed to now, odds are they will be much greater. In my opinion likely more than enough to match the Trek-verse. Even so, it is all a moot debate. *sigh*
              The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
              Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

*sigh* This is getting ridiculous. There is no way to 'win' for anyone in this debate. I prefer not to get into the speculation of what so-and-so could do, rather what they HAVE done. In terms of established capability Gate-verse ships are faster. Trek-verse ships are generally much more numerous and powerful. Here again, I'm only dealing with Earth-based civilization in both fiction-verses. Even so, as I said before, your dealing with a 400 years difference between them. Trek-verse takes place 400 years in the future, Gate-verse takes place right now.

All I am saying, is that if we're gonna speculate as to Earth's capabilities in 400 years in Gate-verse as opposed to now, odds are they will be much greater. In my opinion likely more than enough to match the Trek-verse. Even so, it is all a moot debate. *sigh*
                and that's what made it fun . well i find specualtion fun anyway. Well atleast debating with you has been more interesting and engaging than revising for my exam, lol. thx

Comment

Originally posted by shaqarava
                  and that's what made it fun . well i find specualtion fun anyway. Well atleast debating with you has been more interesting and engaging than revising for my exam, lol. thx
                  Spoiler:

Comment

stargate is DA best!!!

follow me people!!!

Stargate haaaaa
                    stargate haaaaaaaa
                    stargate haaaaaaaaaaaaaa
                    stargate huahahahhahauauauauauahahauuahauaha

Comment

Stargate!!!!!!
                      ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by Thor of The Asgard
                        atlantis is a flying city that is actuelly a ship...
                        didnt you see "rising 1"
                        see that the city flies, takes off and than a huge wave covers all??
                        Of course I know that. I'm just wondering if we were counting it as a ship or not.
                        sigpic

Comment

If we were to properly avaluate both worlds we would have to throw Stargate 400 years into the future since Star Trek is set then and then have the Ancients/Ori mess with a certain spot in space the same goes for the Q's(I have no clue who they are) to create a wriped in reality and create a connection between the two. Now looking at what earth is capible in Gate universe now they will have Evolved much more then know since earth would have Atlantis with all its knowledge Earth would have fleets of Atlantis,puddle jumpers,Arouras,and the Asgard would have Advanced ships so the Star Trek fleet would be crushed. They might stop some Arouras but they can't stp the Antlantis Defense. No Borg because we would have to throw the Replicators in the ring and you know the Replicators would convert all ships and only "Primative tec" can stop them. Thinking know all earth needs is a ZPM and Star Trek could not touch them.
                          So Earth would be safe from Star Treks "Power" and the fact is if the Asgard were to make there ships remote controled they could keep sending ships at the Treks and run with them not able to find them because if the universe are same locations they could find Earth but not the Asgard.
                          Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                          Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                          new enemy of the Ori
                          At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Ancient, gould, earth, asguard vs starfleet, Q , Borg, romans, Klingon, species 8472

Well let see what we have seen each other do. The ancient have done a few lightening tricks and that about it, ho I forgot we have seen then heal a few people to. We have seen Q stop time and almost all destroy humany. We have seen them destroy entire solar systems. Also we have seen them trap energy life forms, and they created simulation which entirely real, with a click of a finger, also they been around well since the universe was created.
                            From what we have seen Q would win this battle hands down.

Borg vs replicators

they both use nano technology, the borg can regenerate there ships, and the borg can also take over ships, replicatiors can also do the same thing. This be a interesting battle, but we do not no if nano technology could be use to hack into borg or replicators networks. We in the stargate and star trek both of these networks could is there weakeness. this battle is even.

starfleet, Klingons, Romulans,species 8472, dominion, and cardasions vs asguards, gould, foothold aliens tollans, aschen, tokra

This is a no brainer even if the stargate tech is more powerful, which I doubt the species in star trek, and they have been shown they can work togeather, can bring a force of 2000+ starhips into a single battle. Also species 8472 can destroy a entire planet with a single shot of their weapon. Not only that, people in startrek and are more resorceful. And I am only mentoning the majour races in startrek, if you take all the other species that we have seen in star trek , sorry stargate would be crush, they would not even stand a chance.

Also after the q stop playing around with the ancients, they finish the rest of the battle of.

Comment

Ancients Vs Star Trek Federation = Ancient
                              Earth ships Vs Star Trek Federation= Star Trek
                              Goa'uld Vs Star Trek Federation= If fighting one on one, Goua'uld, because of gliders. If both have the lots of ships, star trek because of the communication between ships, and smart use of the computer.
                              Wraith Vs Star Trek Federation = Wraith, because of numbers and faster FTL drives. Somehow the federation might pull through and win the war
                              Ori Vs Star Trek Federation= Pending
                              Asgard Vs Star Trek Federation = Asgard. I think that the hyperdrives are way faster than the star trek hyperdrives. also, I think their weapons are more powerful than The Defiant's.

Everybody but Ancients Vs. Klingon= Klingons because they have clocks and are awesome fighters.

Star Trek had a hard time crossing to the other side of a galaxy let alone to another galaxy.

Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warp_drive_(Star_Trek)
                              Last edited by Gamebear; 28 January 2006, 04:30 PM.
                              Colorado Springs has a zoo. It does not have an O'Malley's.

Comment

Wraith Hive Ship vs startrek ship - Wraith ship. darts and weapons on taht ship
                                Replicators vs startrek - replicators. they're like the borg. and they aren't affected by zats or staff's so they would probably be immune to phaser blasts

Comment

Working...
                                X