This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give Siler a first name!

This is a combination petition/thread . . . you can give your support and offer suggestions. I dislike such an important character being first name-less. So suggest away!

~Sarah
    Call me Sarah . . .
    • Anti-plaid (pro P.L.A.I.D. )
    • Songwriter, screencapper, canon shipper, and fan of minor characters
    • Trek forever!

Bob!!!!!! ok how bout Robert... its a good name.

EDIT: this is not Wraith related. We have a temporariy agency around here that has a commercial where a temp named Bob comes in and fixes everything and takes this other lazy guys job. The tag line is "Bob can do it". I think this applys to Siler.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I think Sylvester, cause in the omnipedia he's called Sergeant 'Sly' Siler, and I thought Sly was short for Sylvester.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl
        I think Sylvester, cause in the omnipedia he's called Sergeant 'Sly' Siler, and I thought Sly was short for Sylvester.
        Not necessarily . . . besides, 'Sylvester Siler' is just abominable. I prefer to think 'Sly' relates to a personal quality rather than his real name. Not to mention it makes me think of 'Sly and the Family Stone'.

Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime mentioned that on the 'How do we address characters' thread and I thought I'd start this so we could find a better alternative.

~Sarah
        Call me Sarah . . .
        • Anti-plaid (pro P.L.A.I.D. )
        • Songwriter, screencapper, canon shipper, and fan of minor characters
        • Trek forever!

Comment

jim

george

Comment

I'll say it again, Sylvester Siler...yuck!

If you look again in the omnipedia, notice he is listed under just Siler. Sly is a nickname, usually associated with Sylvester; but I don't think that's the case here. Characters with known first names have the whole name listed as "SURNAME, FIRST NAME".

Siler works well with 1, 2, or 3 syllable first names. A long "i" in the first name would be too repetitive. Also, based on his character, I tend to believe he has an uncommon name, leading folks to feel more comfortable using his last name. I know he's military, but there's something about him that's screams, "Kid with the funny name."

My first suggestion is Alvin.

Comment

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                Dan
                i actually think that is his name!

Comment

He looks like a Rick to me
                  My Blog - - Raise The Fist

Comment

Ah I see, like some nickname. Okay, I'm from Holland(europe), so I didn't know it that well. But if I had to give him a first name it would be: Ben

Comment

Siler is played by Dan Shea.

Both "Daniel" and "George" are used by major characters in SG-1, Jackson and Hammond.

IMO, you wouldn't want to repeat a first name in the same franchise to avoid confusion.
                      Jim is good.

Comment

Ah I see, like some nickname. Okay, I'm from Holland(europe), so I didn't know it that well. But if I had to give him a first name it would be: Ben
                        Both "Ben" and "Benjamin" work well with Siler.

Comment

^^^The person that plays Siler is Dan Shea, so that's why you were thinking of a Dan(Dan is not a bad choice for the character's name). I thought that the Siler already had a first name. Since he doesn't have a name here are my suggestions

John
                          Joe
                          Michael
                          Mitch

Remember that these are only suggestions, but I think they go well with the last name of Siler.
                          Just sitting here at the computer..typing my life away!

Comment

I'd go for Brian personally.

But if he had a kinda dorky first name like Archbold or Harrold (sorry to anyone on here with these names, there just the first things that popped in my head ) it would explain why he never uses it...

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
                            DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

I like the name Steve Silar.

Comment

Working...
                              X