Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fans of the show aren't going to like me.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So long as the newcomers bring in their own ball and uniform, and not snag the old guard's gear and just add a few sparklies and a a cheesy Greek marble throne in the middle of an Egyptian starship's bridge.

If you're going to add new pantheons, then do it whole hog— not the half-hearted measure that ends up with the incongruous sight of a Chinese Emperor-God fighting in Egyptian pyramid ships and speaking the canonical derivative of the ancient Egyptian language.

Comment

Well I wouldn't change a thing in the show. It all seems to fit together better. Does anyone else wish the Movie was more like the show? Even though they wouldn't, I would love to see them redo the movie with the concepts of the show and using the SG-1 actors.

Comment

Redo the movie? Nah, that would seem like too much of a waste. Why go backwards? Continue the story, I say. Don't backtrack... unless you're gonna go WAY back to the original rebellion. My opinion, anyway. And I liked the movie for what it was, wouldn't wanna see it changed.

Comment

I agree. I wouldn't change the movie. I really loved the movie. Still do. I remember being awed sitting in a movie theater the first time I saw the Stargate go kawoosh. It was pretty cutting edge at the time. Besides, I pretty consider the movie as a seperate entity from the series which is why little innacuracies don't really bug me. Such as Jack's son's name.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
            well you can't really blame the shows creators for some of those things. i think the exact words used when it comes to exhibit A was that Abydos (when they first opened the gate) was on the far side of the known universe. being at the far side of the known universe and being at the end of the universe are 2 different things. the fact that Abydos is the closest or even the second closest depending on the episode with Ernest Littlefield (i think htat was his name) makes the Universe bigger than we though since the other planets are further away.
            Erm.. Actually it was refered to as being in the Kalium Galaxy and then it was said to be on the other side of the known universe.
            The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Working...
            X