This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rubideaux
    I think the gateworld website should sell stargate-shaped jello molds! I would buy one!
    Wormhole-shaped jello is easy enough to make. All you need is a round cake pan. The REAL trick is to create something for the gate itself, something to go around the edges of your jiggly blue event horizon.

Comment

it depends on the MRE, some of them are more edible than others. i know they try to switch out the bad stuff for good, but for some reason some of the really nasty stuff stays in.

MRE's are alot better now than they used to be, but as far as i know they still have these really nasty crackers that are just...they totally dry out your mouth. and the dried peaches...they taste better dried. dont even make me start on other things...

they're edible...but i wouldnt eat them unless i had to...

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
      Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
      Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Wormhole-shaped jello is easy enough to make. All you need is a round cake pan. The REAL trick is to create something for the gate itself, something to go around the edges of your jiggly blue event horizon.
        A gingerbread stargate. I can picture it now: Gumdrops for the chevrons.

A jello mold of the kawoosh would be something that I'd prefer over an event horizon.
        Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
        Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
        Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
        Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
        Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
        Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
        Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

from ORPHEUS
          http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s7/transcripts/704.shtml

Scene: S.G.C. - Infirmary

TEAL'C: "My son? Why do you ask?"

JACKSON: "Oh, I don't know, I just thought you'd be sick of "how you feeling" again."

TEAL'C: "Indeed."

JACKSON: "No, I was just thinkin' about him recently."

TEAL'C: "Ry'ac is with Bra'tac. They are attempting to recruit rebel Jaffa. I have not heard from them and do not expect to for some time."

JACKSON: (nods) "What's with the uh..."

We see the four cups on the bedside tray. Three are empty and the fourth is still full of green jello.

TEAL'C: "O'Neill. I believe his offering of colored gelatin was his attempt to sympathize."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shinyredpants
            it depends on the MRE, some of them are more edible than others. i know they try to switch out the bad stuff for good, but for some reason some of the really nasty stuff stays in.

MRE's are alot better now than they used to be, but as far as i know they still have these really nasty crackers that are just...they totally dry out your mouth. and the dried peaches...they taste better dried. dont even make me start on other things...

they're edible...but i wouldnt eat them unless i had to...
            The German army uses chocolate in their MREs that you can supposedly use to knock an enemy unconscious...or dead

They should put little bags of jello in it...

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
            Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
            ~CELLO!~
            ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Originally posted by Iskandra
              The German army uses chocolate in their MREs that you can supposedly use to knock an enemy unconscious...or dead

They should put little bags of jello in it...
              Wouldn't that be considered a type of biological warfare or cruel punishement?
              Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
              Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
              Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
              Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
              Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
              Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
              Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
                I'm just curious, since I've never had one, but are MRE's really that bad?
                Didn't Daniel say in one ep that his tasted like chicken, when it was suppossed to be mac'n'cheese?
                I guess it depends on how hungry you are when you eat them. Some are better then others. The newer MRE's are much better than the old ones. They still taste like all the good stuff has been 'preserved' right out.... The little bottles of 'basco sauce are the only real flavour you get. But when it's all you have to eat it's amazing how good they taste! I've yet to see one with jello though......

Comment

what...kind of chocolate?!?!?!

as for the tabasco, i read in an article that so many soldiers were carrying bottles of tabasco with them *the smaller ones* that they just decided to put tabasco into the MREs. it certainly makes the meal a little bit better.

i know they're trying to find a wayto make an MRE peanut butter and jelly sandwich but its just not working out right now o.o;;

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                  Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                  Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Working...
                  X