Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First off, anything that the Prometheus or the Daedelus would fire at the Galactica..wouldn't make it past Starbuck or Apollo. If by some miracle those two let it by them, Galactica's fire solution would take it out before it even made it to the ship.

(I know that a Cylon Heavy Raider made it past the firing solution this season. To be frank..Starbuck wasn't there and Apollo had to deal with the two rooks Kat and Hotdog while trying to take it out.)

Although with that Asgard tech, they could just beam a nuke onto the Galactica and bam.

Also the commanders of the ships would play a big part in the battle. If it was Adama against Hammond commanding the Daedelus, that would be a great battle. If it is Adama against Caldwell..he'd school him. Ditto with the current commander of the Prometheus..

Comment

even 1 lonely goauld hatauck ship could kill the galactica, its called shields and even a nuke can't penetrate shields. so its just no contest.

Comment

hey "Felionious Monk" i disagree with u. true wars help some technology advance, but if humans could get along and work together as a team ( teams can accomplish more ) to explore the galaxy, who knows how far we could of been by now. but instead we need to waste billions of dollars on security and some of our best minds are wasted to find ways to fight each other. i remember when i was a little kid adults telling me when i grow up we will all be in flying cars and living on the moon. well they were wrong, and if we keep going the way we are we will probably never be able to afford to explore our galaxy and live on other planets.

Comment

Wars have been key to many technologies; had the US not been in an arms race with the Soviet Union then the Apollo landings never would have occured. There was little point in wasting tens of billions of dollars for 800 pounds of moon rocks.

if humans could get along
          So you're still failing to see humans as a species of animal. We will always fight for territory, for religion, for freedom, and for a variety of other reasons. Nature is violent and so are we, that's just how it works. The only way to have any kind of "world peace" is to deny the very things that make us human.

You and I will never live on other planets. It'd highly doubtful our kids will have the chance to, either. Mars is the only remotely habitable planet in our solar system and it'll be a long time before we ever get to another one (because despite the propensity of them in science fiction, faster than light travel and habitable planets in our galaxy are two things we have very, very, very little chance of achieving or finding).

Wars have not held back technological advancement. The same radar used to land on the moon was developed for the military. Jet propulsion, nuclear power, and a slew of other advancements have come about because of wars. Wishing that people could just stop fighting and work as a team is simply ridiculous. Survival of the fittest, my friend.

Oh besides, it's not like NASA doesn't throw money down the toilet. Impacter? 300 million to smash it into a comment. That was a waste, I don't care how it's justified.

Comment

Originally posted by LordCarl
            even 1 lonely goauld hatauck ship could kill the galactica, its called shields and even a nuke can't penetrate shields. so its just no contest.
            oh yeah, and there's nothing to say that a nuke won't penetrate shields we have no idea what the technology behind them is, for all we know a slow moving projectile can pass right through or the shockwave from a large enough blast can take them down

Comment

Here's a new contest.

Could a series of SG teams stop a Cylon boarding action of the Prometheus like the one that happened in BSG's "Vally of Darkness".

Comment

I have to agree about the commander arguement.. adama is alot better commander of a space ship than any of the current commanders in SG-1/Atlantis not including hammond

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

Well if I can bring startrek into this.

Kirk>All.

Give him the smallest starship and crew possible, and hed take out BSG.

Comment

well Kirk would def own anyone. he is nuts that crazy Fediration fella. but Asgard Shields > Federation Shields Anyday! ! !

Comment

hey "MONK" u remember when Apofis and his son came at earth with there two goauld mother ship and we sent up to nukes to blast them, and do u remember what happened, the ships were completely unharmed. shields rule>>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by LordCarl
                        hey "Felionious Monk" i disagree with u. true wars help some technology advance, but if humans could get along and work together as a team ( teams can accomplish more ) to explore the galaxy, who knows how far we could of been by now. but instead we need to waste billions of dollars on security and some of our best minds are wasted to find ways to fight each other. i remember when i was a little kid adults telling me when i grow up we will all be in flying cars and living on the moon. well they were wrong, and if we keep going the way we are we will probably never be able to afford to explore our galaxy and live on other planets.
                        not really. humans are selfish lazy creatures as a whole. not individually, as a whole. if everyone got along and things were all hunky doory, we would see even less technological advance. humans only do things if they have too. if everyone got along and there was no conflict or pressure to out do someone else, society would become stagnant and there would be no big advances made because no one would care to do so. it is competition and conflict that drives humans to do anything. not neccasaily warfare per se but the drive to out do, or do it first it what drives the modern technological advances. back a hundred and two hundred years ago the majority of inventions and experimentation was done in private labs by private individuals. now days every thing is run by giant corporatioons and companies. thats where all the major research and development takes place and they only care about one thing, profit. why do you think hybrid and electric cars are only just now starting to make it mainstream market? because it was not profitable for the oil companies for electric and hybrid cars to become popular so they either bought the patents or bought the developers of all the hybrid and electric cars they could since the late 80's and just sat on them. now the oil situation in the world is becomeing desperate and more and more companies they cant control are developing new hybrids and electric cars. neccesatity drives invention. there is a guy i read about that has developed a perfect alternative fuel source. it a fuel that is based on processed plant matter. it can be made from pretty much most vegetables, is cheap to proccess into the fuel and requires minimal alteration to a standard combustion engine. it would work out to about 99 cents a gallon and produces less pollution than the plants it is made of took in to grow plus should increase gas mileage by about 15%. he could literally eliminate the worlds dependence on oil overnight. but its not profitable for the oil companies so they sued him on some BS thing about threating to bankrupt them or something and the government ruled he cant market his idea. so before you keep thinking how great humans are and would be if we just worked together think about that, it is human nature to be greedy and selfish and to fight and destroy each other for no good reason. humans are sad pitiful disgusting creatures and we are a plague on this planet and as much as i love science fiction, i hope we never actually make it to other planets because i fear for the sake of the galaxy.

Comment

heh yea it's called greasel

http://www.greasel.com/

we could halve our nation's reliance on foreign oil by switching to biodiesel for all commercial trucks and if the US market wasn't against diesel then it'd be even better

just don't take away my 93 octane high revving performance engines and they can do whatever they want with hybrids and whatnot

Comment

Lets go Football YA!!

Comment

Originally posted by tony
                              Lets go Football YA!!
                              SG-1 would Own the BSG crew in flag football!!!!!
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                              X