Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Dex still being cast? What nationality are you looking to fill the role, or are you open to anyone?

Comment

HI Joe

I'm presuming Ronon is going to be a man. any chance of Sora showing up again in Atlantis? Or some other nice strong female character?

Teyla and Weir are ok....but teyla's such window dressing and there for the boys to oggle and weir...she tries but i'm willing to bet the gets mothers day cards

Any chance for a female character to be added who's not there for sex appeal or as a maternal figure??
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Make Sora a regular!

She's the most interesting female Atlantis has. More interesting then Teyla or Weir.

Comment

Hey Joe First time I post here I didn't know you came to GW But hey that is so cool.I have a question for you and also and idea about the Aschen
          My question is:why did you replace the blonde actress who played Dr Weir in the end in the lost city episodes?? I do like the Dr Weir who she is now Torri
          and why do they call the X 302 now the F 302 and the Prometheus the X 303 the B303 or something like it

<snip>

Greets from

_Anubis
          Last edited by David; 15 January 2005, 02:10 PM.
          Lord Zedd

Comment

Well, I can answer your fighter questions. The X-302was renamed the F-302 when it was decided over countless hours of testing and retesting that it was ready for mass deployment/production, so it was no longer an eXperimental craft. Same goes with the Prometheus. Its status was also upgraded to Battlecruiser (BC)-303 once R&D and the pentagon felt it was combat-ready and its design was complete for mass production.
            Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

I was wondering about Dex too. Have you already casted an actor to play the character, and what type of actor have you been looking for?

By the way, I've really been enjoying your production diary here on Gateworld. It's really greatly appreceated that you find the time for writing that, and for answering questions here.
              Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

[QUOTE]As you've probably already heard - Ben will play a military type, Lieutenant Colonel, who will be leading SG-1 during Carter's absence. Yup, a major character, and he'll be appearing in all 20 episodes.{Quote}

A major Colonel character. I have a good feeling about Ben Browder joining the cast. Question though will his character be a full colonel outranking Carter or will she come up for another promotion or are they both Lt. Colonel's?

[QUOTE]We're working on a variety of stories at the moment, some to do with exploration and some to do with the show's mythology as well. You'll get to see "the many facets" of Daniel Jackson in season 9 (and check out the second half of season 8 as well). Furlings? Nick? Aris Boch? Maybe, maybe, maybe. [QUOTE]

These things seem to indicate moving back to the shows roots, without sacrificing some of the more positive growth aspects the series have gone through. If so I think you may very well have a season 10 on your hands.

A rumor I would like to address <mainly because it would be really nice to have happen or come true> is the one about finding a way to bring Dr. Fraiser back for season 9...is this something the producers are really working or on trying to accomplish?

[QUOTE]As for Creation Cons - I don't think so. The writers don't get invited. But maybe if JAffa #2 from episode 37 backs out...[QUOTE]

You were in Wormhole-Xtreme right? That technically makes you a 'guest actor' on the show and therefore qualifies you to be an 'actor' guest at a Creation Convention. I know I for one would love to hear about your experiences as someone in front of the camera instead of a write behind the cameras and how that experience might have changed your perspective on how the actors feel about playing characters on the show <besides I missed seeing you in your Baal costume at Gatecon that year>
                Last edited by GateAngel; 15 January 2005, 01:39 PM.
                ______
                Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

Just as a reminder, this thread is to ask Joe questions about the show, not to drown him in story ideas or pushes for changes in cast/story arcs.

Thanks!

Comment

So Joe, I have this great idea for an ep where Luke saves the universe using his recipe for... *eyes David's post* Oh, nevermind.

There've been some rumblings about this already, but is there any chance of getting more info on Ford's fate in Atlantis? Brad has said that he'll be in the "first part" of season 2, but is there anything story-wise that would prevent him from appearing again later on?

Comment

Long time listener first time caller. *ahem*

Question for Joe Mallozzi:

So who's idea was it to put
                      Spoiler:
                      the helmets of King Arthur and The Black Knight from Monty Python's The Holy Grail
                      in It's Good to be the King?

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                        Hey DJ,

As you've probably already heard - Ben will play a military type, Lieutenant Colonel, who will be leading SG-1 during Carter's absence. Yup, a major character, and he'll be appearing in all 20 episodes. We're working on a variety of stories at the moment, some to do with exploration and some to do with the show's mythology as well. You'll get to see "the many facets" of Daniel Jackson in season 9 (and check out the second half of season 8 as well). Furlings? Nick? Aris Boch? Maybe, maybe, maybe. As for Creation Cons - I don't think so. The writers don't get invited. But maybe if JAffa #2 from episode 37 backs out...

JM
                        Hello Joe,

congrats on a second season for SGA and a 9th season for SG1 how exciting for the writers and directors??? Are we looking at any new writers coming in or have any new ones joined in season 8 and same for directors??

Congrats on landing Ben Browder can't wait to see how he fits in firstly with MS and CJ when the season starts since we have to wait 5 eps. to see the mix with all three! Have you started writing the first 5 eps. that will also bring Claudia Black into the mix??? And may i say whoever gets credit for writing Prometheus Unbound can i just say they did a great job and was nice to see Don back! Michael and Claudia did a wonderful job acting off each other I am hopeing when she comes back that we get that same chemistry again I enjoyed the tension and the flirtiness between them! And what are the many facets of daniel??

Also, Season 8 has established Daniel as second in command of the base. Jack is leaving and the president wants to put a civilian in charge-like he did with Weir only put a competent person on this time. Will daniel be getting command of the base?

thanks

Sue
                        Sue

sigpic

Our Stargate Forum ~Michael Shanks List ~Michael Shanks Online

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                          We're going to do our best to include Carter in as many episodes as possible -but that will, of course, depend on her availability. SG-1 will be getting a new team leader at the beginning of season 9. And when Carter returns...well, I suspect they'll be able to work something out.

Hi Joe - as always, thanks very much for taking some time to visit and answer fans questions, it is appreciated.

Comment

Hi Joe
                            Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.

My question is:
                            Are S/J Shippers, after waiting semi patiently for 7 1/2 years, finally going to be rewarded with Sam & Jack resolution?
                            sigpic

Comment

Hey Joe--

Is there any possibility the directors could get Michael Shanks to T A L K S L O W E R? Since Daniel descended, 'he's' been talkingsofastIcanhardlyunderstandhimattimes.

Loved that you had Daniel speak Russian in Full Alert.

Dana Jeanne
                              Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Originally posted by SueS
                                I am very much looking forward to the second half of season 8.

Two questions.

1. What are the chances of you attending the Creation Con in Chicago this coming August?

2. Will the Season 9 five episode story arc with Claudia Black's character Vala be five continuous episodes or will the episodes be spread out over the season?

SueS
                                1. 0

2. The Vala character will appear in the first five episodes of SG-1. Of course that doesn't preclude her returning for future episodes.

Comment

Working...
                                X