Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe-
    How old were you when you first thought of becoming a writer? And, what advice do you have for any aspiring writers?

Thanks

Comment

I have a question

For give me if I'm wrong but because of the hiatus between the 2 halves of the season you get to see fans reactions to early episodes of a season while you are writing the second half episodes. What impact if any does this have on the episodes you write for later in the season?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by star47
        Hey Joe:

I hope you realize there's a lot of people out here in the "real world" who never go on the Stargate web sites or chat rooms who absolutely LOVE the show, and are continuously entertained by the direction of the show and look forward to every show and each new season. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!
        Actually there are a bunch of people who do go to these forums that love the show as well. It is a small minority (albeit a very vocal one) that love to post the same criticisms over and over and over each week. It only seems like a majority because some of the loudest whiners are also some of the most prolific posters. Constructive criticism is a good thing and I'm sure it is useful to TPTB but some of these folks simply cannot be pleased no matter what the writers write (yet they continue to watch ).

Don't be fooled. The overwhelming majority of people who watch the show love it. Why else would the ratings be growing each year? Joe, you guys are doing a fantastic job. I second star47 by saying to keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by GateTraveler
          Actually there are a bunch of people who do go to these forums that love the show as well. It is a small minority (albeit a very vocal one) that love to post the same criticisms over and over and over each week. It only seems like a majority because some of the loudest whiners are also some of the most prolific posters. Constructive criticism is a good thing and I'm sure it is useful to TPTB but some of these folks simply cannot be pleased no matter what the writers write (yet they continue to watch ).

Don't be fooled. The overwhelming majority of people who watch the show love it. Why else would the ratings be growing each year? Joe, you guys are doing a fantastic job. I second star47 by saying to keep up the good work.
          Actually that brings a question to mind. Episodes such as Citizen Joe - okay, that's more or less summed by Citizen Joe, although there are glimpses in other episodes - seem to be mainly aimed at the forum-lurking\participating crowd, in such a way that non internet-checking people would actually miss the entire point. Er, what I'm trying to say is that it seemed most of Citizen Joe could only be understood if you read SG forums, etc. isn't aiming an episode to such a small crowd a bit of a problem?
          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Hi Joe,

I've only been watching Stargate since season 7, (and promptly bought all the DVD's to catch up) but I was attracted to the show simply because it's a great show. I also enjoy the tension between Jack and Sam. Do you or others ever regret bringing that element into the show, since it seems to be a point of contention among shippers and anti's alike?

As a shipper I have thoroughly depressed myself by reading this thread but I digress....I guess my real question is - what is the big deal with just letting Jack and Sam be together? I think that other recent sci-fi shows have proven that romance and sci-fic can be interwoven nicely without a crash and burn like X-files.

My hope is that Season 9 will help me to remember why I love this show in the first place.

Comment

Hey Joe

After seeing many of the Season 9 Pictures it becomes apparent that Daniel & Teal'c arent wearing the SG1 Patch but are wearing the standard SGC patch that Walter, Siler etc. wear, not just in the SGC but offworld too while Mitchell has the SG1 Patch

Why is this?

Comment

Hey Joe

its me again, chances are i wont see your reply for sopme time becuase i am going to watch all 8 seaosns of Stargate Sg-1, anyway the question is, to you what makes a great Sg-1 episode?

Thanks
                S.G.C

Comment

In this thread there are questions from fans from lot's of diferent countries some of witch are several years behind in transmiting Stargate on tv channels. Many of these fans participate fully on the discussions of this forum and others and greatly enjoy feeling part of the Stargate universe that the internet made possible. You will find that they are also very likelly the proud owners of the box sets and run to the stands at the mention of a magazine article. So my question is what is your position on downloading episodes after they aired in the states?
                  And thank you for taking the time to give us answers, even when they are evasive

Comment

Joe - by any chance did you see today's Cover Story in Section E (Life) of the USA Today (June 24, 2005)? If not, you should, it's very interesting . . . .

Comment

Joe,

A lot of fans are very excited and are talking on various lists about Vala's return and Dr Lam's introduction to bring a stronger and more realistic female element into the show. The spoiler photos of both Vala (very sexy) and Dr Lam (just beautiful) are very exciting.

We already know Vala will be central to early season 9 episodes (and please bring her back for more!).

Will we get any episodes that focus on Dr Lam (either medical knowledge or being central to resolving some story plot - not personal life)?
                      lee

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

Regarding the Jaffa...is there a chance that they'll consider getting rid of the tattoos? I'm asking this because it seems logical that they'd want to remove the last vestige that would remind them of their enslavement to the Goa'uld...plus it would further unite them as one people by discarding any barriers caused by "he served this Goa'uld or that Goa'uld"...

Now Teal'c got rid of his by 2010 but I'm not sure if that was a direct result of the medical advancements of the Aschen that made it easier for him to lose it or if it was something else...

Thanks for your being here... we truly appreciate it!

Mary Beth
                        ÜberSG-1Fan

P.S...Congrats on making it to the END of the list of questions!!! Quite an accomplishment I think...
                        Hey Mary Beth,

There are no plans to get rid of the tattoos anytime soon - although we have discussed the possibility. It would stand to reason that, sooner or later, the Jaffa would take steps to remove the symbols of their former oppression.

With regard to 2010 - Yes, the medical advancements of the next five years will allow Teal'c to remove the tattoo without scarring (season 14?). However, given the fact that he has hair, the tattoo is a nice little grounding element, a visual cue to the fact that he is an alien.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                          Hey Joe,

When do you guys expect to hear about a possible next season? Any chance it might be sometime before the last horn blows this year?
                          The sooner we find out, the easier it is for us to prepare for the coming season. Three years ago, we found out in October, two years ago, it was late October, last year it was November. This year, I expect to hear about the pick-up half-way through production on season 10.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            hi, joe,

i hope this isn't too much of a personal question, but how is amanda adapting to being sam carter AND mommy at the same time? i guess i just want to know she's doing good and isn't dog-tired.

sally
                            Mom and baby are doing great.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBlu
                              Seems I got missed on that last round of yours Joe, so I'll ask again:

We know Jack's going to be in one or two episodes this Season, but I have to ask what he might be doing? He's not there for the sake of being there, obviously, so what part in the plot would he serve other than to say 'Ok, here's Landry, and I'm leaving!".

I've seen one shot of him standing by a window that looks like a typical Pentagon style office that we've seen before and he looks sad!

BYE
                              Check out the beginning of season 9 for the answer to that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Watters87
                                Joe,

What was going to be the original concept for Atlantis if there was no Season 8 of SG-1? We know it was going to be set on Earth but were other idea's like the Wraith conceived after Season 8 was picked up?

Thanks!
                                This one is really a question for Rob and Brad since they created Atlantis. But from what I knew about the project from its inception, the Atlantis series has developed pretty much along the lines they'd originally envisioned.

Comment

Working...
                                X