Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    Hey JM! Sorry if this has been asked before, but how much interaction have the two casts had together, so far? I know that SGA thinks that SG1 is really friendly, and all that, but has there been a lot of interaction between the two? I'd imagine it'd be pretty difficult for the two casts NOT to interact, right?
    We kicked off last season with a big SG-1/Atlantis dinner - and the cast members from both shows do interact and get along. No knife fights so far.

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by aeromathlete
      Thanks for coming out and answering the fans' questions! Okay here's my little query:

Do you have any scientific advisers or actual scientists working for you guys who provide input on the technical ideas presented on the show? Several sci-fi based shows and movies have academic-type advisers, and even the creator of Futurama (though that show can't really be compared to SG-1 very well. ) has a Ph.D. in math or applied math or something along those lines.

I'm just asking because I'm interested in how you come up with your ideas and general technobabble (whether it be plausible or jibberish).
      Its up to the writers to research the science/technicial aspects of the script. Then, the script is passed up to our "scientific adviser" Brad Wright, who will either scoff at, laugh, correct (usually, all three) or okay the science.

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by roswellgray
        Hullo,

*PUH*-Lease say that in either SG-1 or Atlantis we'll learn the function of the ninth chevron. Some of us are very curious what it could be.

thanks
        Its...possible.

Comment

JM
          "You'll get to see "the many facets" of Daniel Jackson in season 9 "
          JM
          (Picture of Whisper bouncing around happily) I like the sound of that JM!

*ahem*

Now, on to more serious matters. I'm sure you are very well aware that the fans, ok, at least _this_ fan would really, really, really like to know more about Daniel Jacksons childhood after his parents died. And this fan would like to know what happened to good old Grandpa Nick. So, here's a pretty please directed at your MUSE in the hopes something like that will be forthcoming in Season 9.

*ahem again*

Ok, but seriously, seriously. Do you guys write up all the scripts before you start shooting the new season, or do you write as you go along?

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
            Another question: MGM shareholders voted today to sell MGM to Sony. Do you know what, if any effect this will have on the stargate franchise?

Thank you in advance Mr. Mallozzi.

Rocket4477
            Fans needn't worry. The sale will have no effect on the Stargate franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBlu
              Will we ever, ever see Jonas again, even if it's just to kill him so people like me will stop asking about him?

BYE
              At present, there are no plans for a Jonas story. But, rest assured - Jonas is alive and well, dealin with the day to day problems on his homeworld.

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                At present, there are no plans for a Jonas story. But, rest assured - Jonas is alive and well, dealin with the day to day problems on his homeworld.

Glad to see you didn't ask "Jonas, who's that?" as some have speculated you would

Anyways, if RDA doens't sign on as a regular, would you have him still being CO of the SGC, or an external general, bringing in a new leader? If the latter, what type of person would you be looking for?

Comment

Hi, Joe, two questions:

1 - I assume writing on season 9 has begun, am I right? I'm wondering, since it is (appearantly) still unknown whether RDA will guest star or not, how do you deal with that when you have to write the scripts?

2 - Regarding Ford being a recurring character in season 2 of Atlantis rather than a regular, was this a decision made because the storyline called for it, or is the story being written that way because he's going to be recurring?
                  Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Can you say anything about "the new general"-rumour? Is there already decided who will play him? Gosset or Steach?

and what about the "locations"? Now that RDA isn't a regular anymore, and that weird production schedule isn't necessary anymore (I suppose you guys have decided to shoot one ep at the time again, like before the reduced schedule), will there be more off-world again, or will be be mostly earth/sgc based again like in season 8? And more team eps (like Atlantis and the earlier seasons) again? Most fans prefer the team to be together.

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor999
                      A question for Joe Mallozzi: Can you tell us please what´s happend to the plans for a direct-to-DVD-movie set into season 2? So much I understand was it filmed directly after season 8. Will this movie ever released or have the cast changes killed all plans for this? I would love it to have a new season 2 episode (with the original cast!).
                      The possibility was discussed but, as with the planned Stargate feature, both are victims of the franchise's success. Once SG-1 eventually ends in the not too distant (but not too near) future, we'll finally have the time to work on these special projects. And we'll aim to include cast members, past and present.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                        Joe - I read AT will be out for the first 5 eps - is this confirmed? (obviously things could change after the baby is born but as it stands now is it set at 5 and have things been finalized with AT?) Will Carter still be leader of SG1 and will that aspect of her character have any substantive development in S9? Thanks for your time on the forum.
                        We're going to do our best to include Carter in as many episodes as possible -but that will, of course, depend on her availability. SG-1 will be getting a new team leader at the beginning of season 9. And when Carter returns...well, I suspect they'll be able to work something out.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          Any chance of getting a definitive answer regarding what is written on the Grand Staircase in Atlantis? I know folks have been madly deciphering it based on screencaps, but if there's a complete and correct answer somewhere, that'd be great.
                          The answer to that rests with the Art Departments who were, frankly, quite surprised that fans were actually translating the text. Apparently, there's a fan out there (somewhere) who completed the translation.

Comment

Will there be more international cooperation on SG1 in season Nine. such as allowing Russian, UK, French and Chineese(and/or the ones with Atlantis knowledge) teams based at the SGC. Or perhaps have the Alpha site as an international military base.

Will other countries start producing F-302 and F-302s? (Granted the 303 requires offworld materials but the F-302 doesn't seem to require that much, if we don't count the hyperdrive)
                            Will they ever figure out energy weapons and interialess engines?

We see the SGC having more and more allies (Jaffa, Tok'ra, random humanoid races) and other nations here on Earth. However we don't see that much joint projects with the aliens. Will we see an off-world ship-yard underground(tok'ra tunnels), or something like that. Tok'ra, Human and Jaffa crew. Not being forced to hide the shipyard from 6 billion people would make things more effective.

The SGC should take a page from the Aschen-manual(dump huge amount of materials through the gate)
                            Last edited by aAnubiSs; 15 January 2005, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Hi JM thanks for answering our questions I was wondering in season 2 of Atlantis are we going to learn more about the wraith and there back story (history) or are you going in complete different directions where the wraith will only appear in few episodes.

By the way great job so far the writing has been excellent in the second half of this season, flow from one episode to another has been brilliant well done.
                              "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                                The answer to that rests with the Art Departments who were, frankly, quite surprised that fans were actually translating the text. Apparently, there's a fan out there (somewhere) who completed the translation.
                                I bet the art department has a new-found respect for fandom

Thank you for answering our questions, Joe. It's much appreciated that you take time out of your busy schedule to satisfy our curiosities.

Comment

Working...
                                X