Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JMallozzi
    The ice creams turned out great. I had Martin Gero and David Hewlitt over the other weekend and made the sweet cream and dark cookie ice cream. Martin claims its his favorite ice cream flavor and insists I make another batch for his return visit next weekend.
    So has David shown you Elevated yet? What do you think of Vincenzo Natali as a director?

I personally really enjoy his films because I love the absurd and can never predict exactly how they'll end...and that's a rarity in films these days, imo.

So if you ever have Vincenzo over for ice cream, tell him he's molding the young mind of a film & tv postgrad student

Comment

Joe, this is the biggest question all of us Tollan fans have. Will you ever bring back the Tollan, and show us what happen to the Tollan survivors?
      thanks
      jason

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrax1
        I am not sure if this has been asked before but...I am pretty sure it hasn't.

Can an Ancient Ascended have to go through a Stargate or can they maintain themselves in space? And do you answer personal messages?

thanks
        Ascended beings can project their essence anywhere they wish (ie. Daniel's visit to the mining planet in Orpheus, or Daniel's visit to Baal's stronghold in Abyss). They don't have to use the gate to "check in" somewhere.

I do answer personal messages either here at Gateworld or via my yahoo email at [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by AncientOne
          Hi Joe... What's up? I was wondering if the Pegasus Galaxy Stargates are made of Naquadah or from a different material. Where did the Ancients get their supply of Naquadah since we haven't seen any mining facilities? I appreciate that you take time out of your schedule to answer our questions. You my boy now. Peace man.
          Hey AO,

Sorry to say, I can't answer your questions at present - but chances are you'll get your answers sooner than later.

Comment

Originally posted by weaselgirl
            Yay for Joe! Keep up the excellent work! Enough chit-chat. Onto the question.

I saw somewhere that you like anime (which boosted you like a BILLION points on my personal cool-dar). Are there any animes in particular, if any, that have had an influence on SG-1? As a kind of add-on, do you read/like manga (comic books) and have any of those had an affect on Stargate?

And this isn't really a question, but next time you see Chris Judge tell him to come back to Oregon!! *quackquack*
            Yup, I'm a huge anime fan. I have about 3000 DVDs in my collection. I have a long list of faves, but some that come to mind include: Cowboy Bebop, Berserk, Noir, Kino's Journey, Last Exile, Utena, Castle of Cagliostro, Boogiepop Phantom, Grave of the Fireflies, Gatekeepers, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Infinite Ryvius, Master Keaton, Now and Then Here and There, Love Hina, Spirited Away, Read or Die, Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai X and Trigun (to name a few). With all of the anime I have to get through, I dont' have time to read manga as well. As to whether my anime background has influenced Stargate - not really, however, if you look hard enough, you may see a little tip of the hat here and there.

I'll tell Chris. He is very proud of his days as a running back for the Fighting Ducks.

Comment

Originally posted by SueS
              Since we are meeting a new enemy in S9 will we be meeting any new allies? If so, can you tell us about them? (i.e. when do we meet them? what are they like? etc.)

Also, will we be seeing any of our old allies? (Asgard, Nox, Tok'ra?) I know we're seeing Orlin in The Fourth Horseman, but what about Shifu?

SueS
              Yes, we'll be making new friends, new enemies, and a few non-committal relations. As for the Asgard, Nox, and the Tok'ra - One is a definite, one is a strong possbility, and the other is a definite no. Oh, and no Shifu this year.

Comment

Originally posted by SophieTucker
                I don't know if anyone has asked this before but: Why only single beds in the Atlantis quarters? I assume the team is using what the Ancients left behind as regards furniture. Did all ancients live alone? Did they not have family units? I don't recall seeing children when Weir went back in time. Did the ancients not have children? Will their social structure ever be discussed?
                Those questions may be answered later this season.

Comment

First off I would like to thank you for taking time out of your day to talk with us. With that done I have two questions that might be looking to far ahead but I was still wondering if you had any idead on either of them.

1) Are you planning story arcs that could carry into 1 or even 2 more seasons?

2) Like Michael Shanks, do you think that if there were to be a season 10 RDA might want to come back to a full time role?

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    Hello Mr. Mallozzi,

After reading the spoilers here on Gateworld, I noticed that Sam Carter is only mentioned in four out of thirteen episodes currently under development for season nine. We all know Amanda was going to be unavailable for the first five episodes of the season due to maternity leave, however, I was curious if this lack of new spoiler information regarding Sam is any indication that Amanda's involvement this season will be limited much like RDA's has been over the past few years?

I understand she is to appear in fifteen of the remaining episodes( at least according to spoilers she is ), but will Sam be returning as an active member of SG-1? Or will she be involved with the Stargate program in some other capacity?
                    Yes, Carter will be returning as an active member of the team. The reason she wasn't mentioned as much as the others in the early going is because Amanda wasn't available to us for the first 5 episodes of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by pie
                      Hi, I am new here. Is there an actor named Greg Anderson on one of the episodes of SG1 this year?
                      Thanks
                      Actually, a couple of episodes.

Comment

Hey Joe
                        I have a very simple question..... are you feeling OK???? I mean, we love that you come and chat with us, but posting a public email address is quite the invitation to be inundated!
                        Got a public IM handle too?

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                          Hi Joe

Its great to have you answering questions for us - and since you've even been answering ship questions lately, I thought I'd try my luck at another one

Over on the S/J ship thread we were having a conversation about the final scenes of Lost City and translating the Ancient that Jack spoke. As he's in the chamber, he whispers "aveo .... amacuse"

Most of us thought that it just meant "Goodbye friends" or something similar, but we found some interesting translations. Aparently aveo means "desire" and "amacuse" has a literal translation of "fall in love".

So was it deliberate that Jack looks at Carter and says he fallen in love with her, or just a lucky coincidence?
                          That one is a question for Rob and Brad since they wrote the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalliope
                            Hi Joe,

I'll probably repeat somebody else's question here, but I couldn't find the answer to it anywhere in the thread - what is Claudia Black and her character Vala's status in Season 9, is there a chance to see her in more than these 6 episodes?
                            And the second question, are you going to invite Ben Browder to the writers' office? His scripts for "Farscape" season 3 episode "Green Eyed Monster" and season 4 "John Quixote" are REALLY brilliant
                            Ben has a pretty full plate. For the time being, he is concentrating on his role in front of the camera.

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                              Hi Joe,
                              To many of us mere 'Joes' (pardon the pun), having a part in the making of a successful TV series seems exciting, creative, and fun! But, there gotta be stressors like our real world jobs. What would you name as the 2 or 3 top stressors for cast, crew, writers, producers, etc.?

Do you have 'team building' events to smooth out the rough edges and encourage bonding? An example?

Thanks for sharing your time and information.
                              Deadlines and the pressures that come with trying to meet deadlines.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatshepsut
                                Hey Joe!

I've heard you say ..type.. that writers/directors are usually not invited to conventions, or that you yourself are usually busy writing scripts, anyway. So I was curious to know that if you were invited to a con, and were not currently writing any wonderful scripts, would you attend? Or would you be too "afraid" that a fan with a PhD in Astrophysics or somesuch would start analyzing everything in StarGate, and point out your mistakes to the crowd (like the comic book guy in The Simpsons)?

Oh, and my sister and I were talking about this last night ... Do you guys up at headquarters plan to have any awesome off-world stand-alone episodes in the future, like in the good ol' days of SG-1?
                                Yes. There will be a couple of off-world stand-alone episodes this season.

As for the conventions - after my rant a couple of months back, I pretty much swore I would never do another con. However, there are plenty of other writer-producers who would love the opportunity to do one.

Comment

Working...
                                X