Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sharky277
    Your a busy man, so I'll busily get to the point.

Are the SG-1 we see at the end of Moebius the same we have been seeing for the past 8 years or are they alternate, but exact copies of them? I ask this because really real SG-1 as supposed to have been executed after the first failed rebellion but the time line was fixed, but it was after they where dead. So there's two possible explanations"

2) The time travel SG1 is using is model where if things are not altered, they never happen. So inturn since sg1 ended up not altering anything in the past, except for moving the location of the ZPM, the real sg1 never had to go back into the past.

I do hope it's the 2nd for I could never come to terms with having to watch an alternate, however exact, version of SG-1 from now on.

One more thing:
    The last scene is the end of Threads but how does that fit? The only reason Daniel found the information that there might be a ZPM in ancient egypt was from Catherine Langfords(sp?) collection that she left him when she died. Then they did an aerial sweep and didn't find it. So sticking with the timeline, they should have found the ZPM and the tape during the sweep and so after Threads. Explanation please?!
    I sure hope it's the second, this has been bothering me also. Duplicates don't count, happy endings have to happen to the "real" ones.

I am not sure I follow your last question, but I think it works out if mobius starts before the end of threads, and they both end at the same time.

Comment

Ok, after pondering this over for some time, I have come to the conclusion that the SG-1 we see fishing at the end are the REALLY REALLY REAL, the ones we've been watching for 8 years SG-1. After what Mallozzi has said that nothing has changed, and that there were always fish in Jack's pond he just never caught any. The explanation of why they are still are the same and not alternate even though they where executed is like in Before I Sleep in Atlantis(iIn fact I am very surprised no one has made this link yet). There are many views on time travel, the one that SG1 and the Weir are using seems to use the model where if things are not altered, they never happen. So inturn since sg1 ended up not altering anything in the past, except for moving the location of the ZPM, the real sg1 never had to go back into the past, same with making the city fail-safe and rising to the surface.

Now the question for Joe is am I right?
      Signature oversized: Click to view.

Comment

Eeeeek! Sharky277, can you please use spoiler stuff? Moebius pt 2 hasn't aired in the US yet! (hides her eyes from Sharky's posts)

Comment

Actually, the thread title warns of spoilers so sharky doesn't need them. Reading this thread is taking the risk of being spoiled, especially since Joe occasionally drops hints of upcoming eps- which are ALSO spoilers. You don't see JOE using spoiler tags, do ya?

Joe, I see that a couple of you Powers-types are finally being eeked into the schedule for the Cretin Con. Any chance your name will be added soon?

Comment

True. sorry.

Comment

Ah, don't mention it, it was nothin.
              Signature oversized: Click to view.

Comment

Joe,

Will there be friction between any of the new characters? Or will everyone get along well???

Also...I read that the Vala arc will only last for six episodes...any chance of seeing her again after that?
                Last edited by sueKay; 23 March 2005, 03:41 AM. Reason: I asked a stupid question
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

So ... Daniel with a beard ...

Is Daniel off-world the first time we see him with this beard?

How long will he have it? (i.e. how many episodes)

Will the shaving of the beard be written into an episode or will he just show up one day clean shaven?

SueS

Comment

Originally posted by Unas
                    Hey Joe, Im not sure if someone asked this before but..... are Jaffa born with their pouches? I dont think so because where would the umbilical cord be?

Would a child of a normal human and a Jaffa be human or Jaffa?
                    A Jaffa child is born human and at the ceremony of inplantation when they become of age a symbiot is implanted after a device is used that makes the pouch.
                    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Hi this is my first question here and relates to an Atlantis episode-The Defiant One. Was the shield the wraith activated already featured on/in the jumper or one the wraith brought himself?
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Hey, Joe,

This is my first-ever post at GateWorld forum so please bear with me! I have a couple of questions:

1) Will there be follow-up in Season 9 dealing with the Goa'uld remaining here on earth (in relation to the CIA investigations mentioned in "Citizen Joe" and "Threads")?

2) Is Pete Shanahan gone for good or is there a way to integrate him (one way or another) into the above situation? (after all, he's had SG-1 connections and didn't leave on the best of terms.....and he seemed pretty impressed with the glowing-eyes thing!)

On a personal note, thanks to all of you for "Citizen Joe"----I consider it a valentine-offering to SG-1 fans and the humor was first-class! Also a big, big "thank you" for the safe arrival of the Jack/Sam ship----it's always good when your ship comes in!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                          Joe

How many people working on Stargate have ever read fanfiction or looked at other fan-made things???

I would say none. We're not allowed to read fan fiction.

...With Ford Now only being a recurring character () does that mean there's a possibility of him not being in the show at all towards the end of the season?PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!!!!!!!!!
                          We have plans for Ford.
                          Last edited by David; 24 March 2005, 09:33 AM. Reason: Quote fix :)

Comment

Hi Joe,

It was mentioned that RDA will be appearing in two early season 9 episodes at a recent convention. Any chance we'll see him in more episodes later in the season?

Thanks!
                            *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Hi Mr Mallozzi
                              Here's a question about Atlantis Rising...
                              There's a scene where Sheppard slips and falls down a slope when trying to follow Teyla to a cave some sort... was it done on purpose or was it accidental and included in the final cut for our viewing pleasure?

Thanks for taking the time out...
                              sigpic
                              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

There was some discussion in another thread about whether or not that cute young gate technician, Graham Simmons, survived or not. How about him and Cassandra coming back in Season Nine as sweethearts?

And how about letting us know what happened with Ernst, did he and Katherine get back together before she passed away? (Why wasn't he or anyone from sg1 but Daniel at Katherine's funeral?)

Any chance of seeing Felger and his lab partner again?

Comment

Working...
                                X