Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    Now, to keep this on topic, I'd like to know if Ba'al is going to come back and play. I personally saw Anubis as a pretty silly and over the top villian...but Ba'al...Ba'al was like Maybourne after Chain Reaction....he's interesing now....not to mention downright hot!!
    Second that. Ever visit the Ba'al appreciation thread?

seriousl though, on topic, I was wondering if we're going towards what Cass from 1969 mentioned as "only the beginning". Basically, I was wondering if that's what defeating the Go'auld was part of, or if indeed, it is really only the beginning.
    'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      Now, to keep this on topic, I'd like to know if Ba'al is going to come back and play. I personally saw Anubis as a pretty silly and over the top villian...but Ba'al...Ba'al was like Maybourne after Chain Reaction....he's interesing now....not to mention downright hot!!
      Seconded, on all counts. Will Ba'al come back to play?

Comment

Hi Joe!

This is sort of a personal question. I read somewhere that you were originally from Montreal. I am too! Was wondering if you attended McGill university or Concordia? Did you do an English litterature degree or did your degree have nothing to do with writing?

Thanks

Pam

PS: Do you miss Montreal?

Comment

Joe,
          I have noticed that a few people have changed race over the 8years.

Dr Wier's husband is the same actor from SG-1 Season 1's "Enigma" - he played an alien, now a human. Jinto's father in Atlantis is I think the same person who helped SG-1 in Season 7's "Revisions" when everybody else was still connected to the Link.

Is this just because you needed somebody to fill the roles that you could trust to play the character well? Or is it trying to see if we notice?

--General
          Signed
          Brigadier General Jack O'Neill, USAF 66-789-7876-324

---------------------------------------------------

I MADE THIS PICTURE!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by General
            Joe,
            I have noticed that a few people have changed race over the 8years.

Dr Wier's husband is the same actor from SG-1 Season 1's "Enigma" - he played an alien, now a human. ...

Is this just because you needed somebody to fill the roles that you could trust to play the character well? Or is it trying to see if we notice?

--General
            That's Garwin Sanford, as Narim. I don't think his character and Weir's are married, at least I hope not, he deserves much better, like Jessica Steen, the inexplicably replaced original Dr. Weir.

Stargate seems to be "family" oriented, as guest stars recur, spouses or significant others get roles. Nothing wrong with that. Plus actors in scifi in general tend to play in other scifi productions, maybe because they become fan favorites. Think of it as repertory theater.

Also, another vote for the return of Ba'al, who is a major hottie.
            Last edited by trudy; 15 March 2005, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
              No planned appearances in Atlantis, but definitely more Walter in season 9. In fact, here in the production offices, we are referring to season 9 as The Year of the Walter.
              Hi Joe,

As you'll be aware the character of Walter Harriman and the actor Gary Jones has a big fan base that is continuing to grow and grow. As of the end of Season 8 Gary Jones will have made his 79th appearance as Walter. Now I'm getting a little bit ahead of myself here, but if there did happen to be a 10th Season and Walter was continued to be used throughout S9 & S10 then it would be likely that he would make his 100th appearance in S10. What would your thoughts on making the "Comical" episode of a possible 10th Season involving Walter Harriman to celebrate the 100th episode for Gary Jones?

I think if the right story was produced it could be very funny
              Last edited by stargatesg1uk; 16 March 2005, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Mr. Mallozzi,
                I was just wondering if there would ever be a possibility of a DVD set with all the Lowdowns and outtakes/bloopers? I began watching SG1 when it was it its 6th season when we got satellite TV. ( Cable doesn't come all the way to my house)
                I became an instant fan!!!! I love RDA but really liked the way the 4 leads interacated with each other. I would love to see the " fun " they had and the goofing around/messups. I thank you in advance for your time.

Comment

Hello Mr. Mallozzi,

I just joined the forum and thought it was really cool that you were here and actually answering questions. Since this is my ninth post I have a season 9 question for you...
                  What I would like to see more of is the friendships between the characters. I miss the human factor, the caring and concern they showed for each other. Will we see any of this in season nine? Your "The Ties that Bind" story sounds very interesting.
                  Does this establish the friendship between Daniel and Cameron? I miss the on screen interactions. It seems that Daniel, Sam, and Teal'c (Jack too) use to be closer than they are now. Jack and Daniel were like brothers and that died. I know this is a sensitive female question I hope it was OK to ask.
                  Last edited by tmp23; 15 March 2005, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trudy

Also, another vote for the return of Ba'al, who is a major hottie.
                    And those wanting the return of Ba'al hasten to add that we just don't want to see him return because he's hot and has a great fashion sense, he's also the most interesting Goa'uld.

Comment

Hi all, I'm new to the forum, although I have lurked around for a bit.

I would like to contact Mr. Mallozzi for one of my final essays in my University career. I'll begin by explaining my motives behind the essay. As I'm a 4th year student, I have been having oodles of fun taking numorous elective courses, a majority which seem to be in the World Religions course of study.

I'm am nearing the end of my last semester, meaning that my final essays are going to be due soon. I am specializing in Buddhism. Now, as fans of the show know well, the show is based on many of Earths cultures, ancient and contemporary. Which makes SG a good source for the aspects of western buddhism (the fourth turning of the Dharma wheel) which appear in contemporary media.

That is essentially my thesis. How do buddhist influences play in modern television? Now, as far as source material straight from the episode, I have no problem, as I own a copy of 'Maternal Instinct', which is the episode of SG-1 that centers most heavily on Buddhism.

What I would like, is to contact Mr. Mallozzi, and 'interview' him, by that, I mean shoot a couple of relevant question to him about the use of Buddhist concepts in the show, so that I have some solid source material from which I can draw. Is it possible to contact him directly? Does he surf this forum (I see the 'Ask Mallozzi' thread at the top of the forum)? Can anyone point me in the right direction in order to do so?

Thanks all, and I hope that SG-1 and Atlantis get better and better. Hope you can help, Beppo.

Comment

Find a post fom JM and click on his name. It gives you options so you can send him a private message
                        sigpic

Comment

thanks Oma-1, you guys are so damn helpful, it's really great

Comment

Hello Mr. Mallozzi, Or can i call you Joe?

Anyway i thinks its great that you can talk to fans of the show and answer their questions and its my turn.

Question:
                            Will there be any like seriously big injuries that has the whole ep based around it?

Anyway thanks for advance for your answer!

Hulabaloo
                            Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                            LOVE HIM-> DT
                            ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Are Bratac and/or jaffa leader Lou Gosset Jr. in the season opener?

Any new Star trek recruitments?
                              Will Woolsey return?

Comment

Originally posted by trudy
                                That's Garwin Sanford, as Narim. I don't think his character and Weir's are married, at least I hope not, he deserves much better, like Jessica Steen, the inexplicably replaced original Dr. Weir.
                                I prefer the Atlantis Dr. Weir!!! And, it is a differnet character but same actor!
                                Signed
                                Brigadier General Jack O'Neill, USAF 66-789-7876-324

---------------------------------------------------

I MADE THIS PICTURE!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X