Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JMallozzi
    Originally posted by Whistler
    Hi again Joe! Thanks for answering my question on the writers

Heres my new question...
    Since there are obviously going to be major changes in the cast from the begining of Season 9, do you think we will see unique titles for the beginning of Season 9, much like at the begining of Season 6? Later changing into "clip" titles as has been for the last few seasons? It might sound silly, but I'm interested.

Thanks
    Not sure I follow. What's the difference between unique and clip?
    Uh I mean like, in Rising Part II, the titles just showed Atlantis at the bottom of the sea, and names, (not spoiling any events that occur later in the ep) whereas all the shows after it had action/dramatic clips from the first half of the season with pictures of the cast etc and rising Atlantis.

I was just wondering if we would be having this kinda "blank" titles for the first 1/2/3 parts of SG-1, and then going into the normal style titles after all the new characters are introduced, or if it will be the same "normal action/picture" credits all the way through?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Whistler; 06 March 2005, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
      Hi Joe nice of you to answer our questions

In “Hot Zone” SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):
      we discovered that there was a more advanced race/enemy out there that created this nano virus to kill humans my question is will we learn more about them in season 2. Thank you
      Originally posted by JMallozzi
      Yes. We've discussed a storyline involving this race and, hopefully, will see them make an appearance in the second half of season 2.
      Hi Joe

Thanks for answering my question just to fallow up on it I was wondering will we be seeing this race for few seasons, is this part of long storyline which will run over few seasons.

Secondly could you please clear up something that we have wondered since watching Letters from Pegasus in the episode
      Spoiler:
      Sheppard and Teyla watch from Puddle jumper as this massive beam from wraith ship goes into the village (The link below has the scene I’m referring to)
      what was is it.

This is screen cap from the episode Letter from Pegasus
      http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s1/1...s247%5F78.html
      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Hey there Joe-

I was wondering a few things:

1. If you had any character in particular that you like to write for?
        2. Is Kinsey really dead? Any chance we'll see more of him in season 9?
        And of course, the most important question, from Reckoning 2:
        3. What has Siler left to Jack in his will?

Thanks!
        And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
        Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
        Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
        Daniel: Oh! You see?
        Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
          Hi Joe

Thanks for answering my question just to fallow up on it I was wondering will we be seeing this race for few seasons, is this part of long storyline which will run over few seasons.

Secondly could you please clear up something that we have wondered since watching Letters from Pegasus in the episode
          Spoiler:
          Sheppard and Teyla watch from Puddle jumper as this massive beam from wraith ship goes into the village (The link below has the scene I’m referring to)
          what was is it.

This is screen cap from the episode Letter from Pegasus
          http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s1/1...s247%5F78.html
          I can answer that

It's how the Wraith tag planets they've been to recently.
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I can't remember if this was asked or not.

Siege
            Spoiler:
            Will Bates ever come out of the coma? Will he be OK if/when he does?

Comment

Thanks for answering my last lot of questions, Joe.

1) Do you ever get recognised by fans and get pelted with story ideas/hero-worshipped/stalked?

2) From episode 503 - Ascension, where the Ascended guy is in love with Carter and descends, whose idea was it to have a disposable Stargate? Will we be seeing other disposable technology in the future?

3) Which character from SG-1 or SGA, either regular, reccuring or guest-starring, is the most similar to you? Is it intentional or unintentional? What about other crew members?

Comment

In the latest Stargate magazine, Robert Cooper said, "When we begin S9 Carter has already accepted a special position that takes her away from the SGC for both personal and professional reasons. She will still be involved in the goings on but on a more limited basis until certain events then bring her back to the team."

A couple of questions

1. Will Carter's new position take her off-world (e.g. working at the Alpha site or on the Prometheus or Deadalus?) or is it an earth-bound position?

2. We know Amanda will be back, but for the characters do they consider Sam's new position to be permanent or temporary? IOW, will they be surprised when she returns?

3. When Sam returns, who will be in command of SG-1?

SueS

Comment

Mr. Mallozzi,

Many, my self included, would like to know where the strong female characters are? The writers have trashed the Character of Sam Carter, and almost every new character is male. Why aren't we seeing women leading other teams?

Why have you continued this Sam/Jack thing to the point of nausea? Many of us dislike that pairing so intensly. I hope you use the absence of RDA to phase that out of the story. It should never have entered it to begin with.

You commented that Teryl might return, that this is Sci'fi. In that case, where is Martouf? And bring Jacob back. Where is Janet? Where is Kawalsky?

I keep hearing that the writers like to kill off characters for Dramatic effect...If you want strong dramatic value why don't you Kill Jack O'Neill? And NEWS FLASH: If I want to watch reality, I'll watch the news. Please stop killing the well-loved charaters.

And back to my original question, before my rant (yes, I am extremely bitter about the way the non-Sam/Jack shippers have been ignored.) Where are the strong, bright, women? I'm tired of the all-male gang. Aren't there any womem writers in your group? Surely they could write strong women. I'm to the point that I prefer watching Andromeda to Stargate. Why? Cute guys, and strong women. Why are there no female leads in Atlantis other than Weir and the chippy? Even the Scientists are Male. No military females and no science females. hm... I see a pattern here.

We get two women in Atlantis and two in Stargate (maybe). How odd.

Kat

Pagan Twylight's
                  Stargate SG-1
                  Tok'Ra FriendlyFanfiction
                  http://www.pagantwylight.com
                  Symbiotica
                  http://tokra.fandomnet.com/fic2/index.php
                  There comes a moment of sadness, with the setting of the sun.
                  Not for the sins committed, but for the things I have not done.
                  Minot Savage

Comment

Hi Mr Mallozzi

Are there sea bound transport vehicles in Atlantis?

AND

Will we see much more exploration of Atlantis in S2 than we did in S1?

Thank you for your time...
                    sigpic
                    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Hi Joe

Yet another set of SGa questions from me (sorry, I'm just too curious ).

Is the Japanese scientist from "Letters from Pegasus" Dr.Kusunagi (or Kusinagi? I'm unsure of spelling) mentioned in passing in Seige Part2?
                      And will we be seeing more of her?

Also wish to know if there are plans to use Simpson, the woman who spoke up against Kavanagh in "38 minutes", again.

I only ask because you already said it's unlikely we'd see Sora again and I feel a sad lack of female cast members, and would love to see more female recurring roles on the show.

Regards,
                      Purpleyin

Comment

Joe,

Are there any plans to bring Anna-Louise Plowman (as Sarah) back at any point? Has the idea even been thrown around? I mean - she was host to a Goa'uld for several years and probably has alot of valuable information. I personally wouldn't mind seeing something between her and Daniel.

If she can't be brought back, at least have her mentioned in some conversation!

-tflux

Comment

Dear Joe,

Question about burying the stargate. If you lay it on its side face down isn't it the same thing as burying it? And if you lay it face up, wouldn't whoever comes through fall back in and be destroyed anyway?
                          Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Livi2Jack
                            Dear Joe,

Question about burying the stargate. If you lay it on its side face down isn't it the same thing as burying it? And if you lay it face up, wouldn't whoever comes through fall back in and be destroyed anyway?
                            I figure I'll field this one since it happens in the show enough. The gate being face down isn't enough to prevent an event horizon from forming. For example, in Death Knell, the gate is knocked face down and the forming event horizon creates a hole below the gate. Usually when its buried, there are cover stones involved that prevent an event horizon from forming.

As for the gate laying face up - yes you're right. As seen in A Hundred Days, anything going through the gate would fall right back in (like the MALP did).

Comment

Originally posted by General
                              These "fans" who are feeling it is over, have got to understand that a show can go on without a main character. The show is called "Stargate SG-1" and not "O'Neill". RDA has a right to be with his daughter, and no matter how much he loves his fans, he obviously cannot choose the fans over his daughter. Yes he will be very missed, but the show must go on for other reasons.

Sorry General but that isnt really the reason why many of us feel the show is over and VERY ANTI SEASON 9.

1. My questions is, when you and the rest of the writing staff are waiting in limbo to see if u get another season or not, do u guys just still write up stories just incase u get picked up for another season?
                              It got to be hard to cram stories together for the beginning of the season with little time.

2. Is there a place where someone could get a plush doll of Thor? I just never seen much merchandise for Stargate, no toys or anything and i think somone is really missing the boat here.
                              LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

Hi Joe, first I just want to say how clever Citizen Joe was, when I started hearing lines that I must of read a thousand time on message boards, I just had to laugh. Now to my questions,

Usually not a big shipper fan, but I kind of think it would be interesting to see Daniel trying to deal with having feeling for Vala, will they be getting together?

I know I am in the minority here, but I like seeing Daniel in action mode, will we be seeing more of his fighting skills in season 9?

Can't wait to see Ben Bowder on the show.
                                Thanks,
                                Karon

Comment

Working...
                                X