Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    (note: breaking thread rules...I will delete this post tomorrow)

In response to Glennh73

I made up this diagram a day after Moebius aired to explain how it's still our team.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/sueKay/Moeb.jpg

The timeline changes at the end of threads...meaning that our SG1 (and the eight years we've spent with them) are intact.

Im sorry but i so disagree with you.

Time line 1: People overthrew RA and made him leave without SG-1 ever being there. SG-1 decides they need to go back in time.

Time line 2: SG-1 goes back 5000 yrs ago , changes history with RA taken stargate and given us alternative nerdy Daniel and Carter.

Time line 3: Alternative nerdy Carter, Jack and Teal'c go back 5000yrs ago and meet up with Real Daniel from timeline 1 which helps the people overthrow RA.

Time line 4: Which we see at the end of Moebius with Jacks pond now having fish.
    In Timeline 4 there past(5000 yrs ago) included our SG-1 timeline 1 getting killed by RA and the nerdy SG-1 timeline 3 helping to overthrown RA.

See Timeline 1 never had any of that happen.
    So just from that this SG-1 isnt ours cause they got killed 5000yrs ago.
    LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
      Some of the episodes that will be seeing the light of day (but some of the episode titles that won't) include: The Clone/Not the Clone Story, Ex Deux Machina, Remembrance of Things Past, and Beachhead.

Are these SG-1 episodes or Atlantis episodes?

Thanks.

SueS

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
        The other addresses came up empty. But, of course, that hasn't dissuaded them from continuing their search.
        Joe, thanks for all your answers.

No offense but why would they be empty? and why not show them? That doesn;t sound like a good story. are you trying to trick us?

Why give a list and say these addresses have zpms and then say ooo no they didnt. That doesnt make sense.
        come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Originally posted by glennh73
          Im sorry but i so disagree with you.

Time line 1: People overthrew RA and made him leave without SG-1 ever being there. SG-1 decides they need to go back in time.

Time line 2: SG-1 goes back 5000 yrs ago , changes history with RA taken stargate and given us alternative nerdy Daniel and Carter.

Time line 3: Alternative nerdy Carter, Jack and Teal'c go back 5000yrs ago and meet up with Real Daniel from timeline 1 which helps the people overthrow RA.

Time line 4: Which we see at the end of Moebius with Jacks pond now having fish.
          In Timeline 4 there past(5000 yrs ago) included our SG-1 timeline 1 getting killed by RA and the nerdy SG-1 timeline 3 helping to overthrown RA.

See Timeline 1 never had any of that happen.
          So just from that this SG-1 isnt ours cause they got killed 5000yrs ago.
          How do we know that RA was overthrown in timeline 1 without the
          interference of the team? Perhaps they were there. In 1969, SG-1
          didn't know they had been in the past before they had left on their
          mission, but obviously they did go there because Hammond recalled
          seeming them there in his past and had been waiting for that day
          for thirty years.

So although our present day SG-1 team didn't know they had been
          in Ancient Egypt to help overthrow RA originally, there is a chance
          that in fact they were there and without them being there it would
          never have happened.

ForeverSG1

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            How do we know that RA was overthrown in timeline 1 without the
            interference of the team? Perhaps they were there. In 1969, SG-1
            didn't know they had been in the past before they had left on their
            mission, but obviously they did go there because Hammond recalled
            seeming them there in his past and had been waiting for that day
            for thirty years.

So although our present day SG-1 team didn't know they had been
            in Ancient Egypt to help overthrow RA originally, there is a chance
            that in fact they were there and without them being there it would
            never have happened.

ForeverSG1

Cause i believe the past happens before the future does.

I believe there has to be a timeline where no time travel has happened yet cause 3000bc happens before 2005 at one point.
            LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

As has been said ad nauseum, discussion of answers (or discussion of questions) belongs here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=7925 We are not to clutter the thread and make it more difficult for Joe to find the REAL questions. The guy is busy enough already. Although with the amount of time he's been spending here, lately... Kidding, just kidding...

Joe, you may not know the answer to this as you weren't directly involved with the specific eps, but in Summit/Last Stand, Ba'al's lo'taur was a young boy. In Abyss it was a young woman. Will we ever find out if Ba'al kept his promise and snaked the boy (that sounds so bad), or are the Goa'uld going the way of the dodo and won't be seen (much) in S9?

Also, why the sudden introduction of a new enemy for season 9? Isn't it a bit late to be starting big new arcs, or is this in case the show gets renewed again? Or will the evil Oreeos be spun off to Atlantis?
              Last edited by ShadowMaat; 05 March 2005, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
                Hi. I'll get right to the point...

1) The Oree. Quoted by Michael Shanks as being "essentially Ancients who have turned evil." The new bad guys for Season 9.
                Can you give us any more info? Please?

- Can't say much without spoiling the upcoming episodes for you. And you don't want that, do you?

2) The Daedalus and the Prometheus have Asgard hyperdrives, allowing them to travel from Earth to Atlantis in a few days. Does this mean that we'll be seeing the ships stop by every now and then to drop off armed battalions of Marines or Army soldiers? Spare ZPMs? Special-ops soldiers? Tech and equipment to start building more X-303s in Pegasus? (drooling) SG-1?

- That was always the plan (ie. the failed mission to the Pegasus galaxy in Prometheus Unbound). It stands to reason that we'll get there by ship, sooner or later.

3) Will we see the Atlantis team return to Earth for real in Season 2? Not permenantly, but for a visit (without the aid of mist creatures that look like Don S. Davis).

It's possible.

4) Speaking of Don Davis, what will happen to General Hammond to allow O'Neill's promotion? Will he still be in the show as a guest star?

The door is always open for Don to come back as a guest star.

5) Directed not so much at Mr. Mallozzi but at everyone: Am I the only one who's realised that
                Spoiler:
                after Mobius, with the different timelines and such, the heroes of SG-1 that we've been watching faithfully for 10 years are all dead? And not like ascended dead, but dead dead. Not coming back. At all.

Nope. They're alive and well and continuing their adventures.

6) Who decides that Daniel should die/get shot/get injured so much? In Mobies alone, he
                Spoiler:
                gets shot by Teal'C, O'Neill and Kawalsky, and tortured and implanted with a symbiote by Apophis.
                The writing department as a whole decides how much punishment to mete out.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Voronokova
                  1. What literature, plays, writings, authors influenced and inspired you growing up and in starting your work?This is scifi. Anything is possible. As for the new doctor, her name is Carolyn Lam. She is at the top of her field - intelligent, quick-witted, and she doesn't take guff from anyone.
                  To be honest, my influences are diverse and wide-ranging, everything from Renaissance drama to comic books, science fiction literature to horror movies.

2. Non-spoilery way of asking: is the current news regarding the new SGC doc is true, and if so, can you give any info on her character’s background and/or personality? And no offense to this actress’s talents (I am a fan, and jealous b/c I've a fangirl crush on her spouse ), but does this mean there is no chance Ms. Teryl Rothery will ever return (even as Heimdall)?
                  This is scifi. Anything is possible. As for the new doctor, her name is Carolyn Lam. She is at the top of her field - intelligent, quick-witted, and she doesn't take guff from anyone.

3. Geeky question: The first/stun zat blast. Sometimes it seems like a person’s completely knocked unconscious and other times they’re just stunned, temporarily immobile. Does it matter how far away the zat is from the “victim” and/or where they were hit, the charge of the zat (do they ever “run out of ammo?”), or is the answer to the stunned v. knocked out version whichever serves to move the plot forward?
                  No. The fact is, the show has been inconsistent. Check out Seth for an example of how a zat blast can have not one, not two, but three different effects.

4. Who in the world came up with that “candlelight cooking the meal” Omaspeak?
                  You'll have to blame the ever-spiritual Robert C. Cooper for that one.

5. Finally, who do we bribe...er...contact, yeah, contact to get the writers’ commentary on the dvd’s?
                  MGM decides who does commentary and, as of season 7, the writers were dropped from providing commentary in favor of the directors.
                  Last edited by Skydiver; 05 March 2005, 04:18 PM. Reason: putting in quote tags

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                    A question on everybody's mind: Is RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON coming back? When will they announce that he's not (as a reuglar, at least)? It sure seems that way due to the film commission information and all the new casting.
                    We'll have a new team leader when SG-1 kicks off its ninth season: Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell played by Ben Browder. As for O'Neill - there's always a chance he may put in a guest appearance.

Comment

Hi, Joe,

I'm not sure this is as much of a question as it is a statement... I can't wait for Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping to return! I hope you've got lots of wonderful ideas for the continuing growth and adventures of Colonel Samantha Carter.

(((Sam/Amanda)))

Sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MoyraFrost
                        I was wondering more about Reese. The robot that controled the replicators. Who built her? Are there more of them? Did they escape the Replicators? Did they leave for the Pegasus Galaxy? Are they just convenient plot devices?
                        - Reese's background must remain shrouded in mystery for the time being.

Will we get to see the Furlings in Atlantis, since it looks like SG-1 is ending?
                        - SG-1 is ending? When?

What happens to Oma?
                        - As we know from having watched Threads, Oma is locked in eternal combat with Anubis.
                        Last edited by Skydiver; 05 March 2005, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
                          i'll third that is there any chance that jolene blalock will come back again?? or any of the other enterprise actors??

thanks
                          Its always possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Imac
                            Hey Joe
                            Call me crazy or was the whole fish references just a joke. I mean in Nemisis/Small Victories they were *this* big and then after T has his little excursion (the Curse)there are none. Am I just being shallow or was the whole "there are no fish in my pond" thing just O'Neill kidding around, if you will, (like when pretending to be dumb) because no one can ever catch any.
                            Nope. He honestly believed there were no fish in his pond. He was wrong of course.

Comment

[QUOTE=Skydiver]
                              s9 casting spoilers
                              Spoiler:

if sam and jack were bad and wrong because they were in the same direct line of command - which is what the regs are - then how come it's ok for the base CO and CMO to be members of the same family?

I'm referring to the spoilers, accurate or not, that lexa's character will be the new cmo (no one can ever fill teryl's/janet's shoes, but the base DOES need a CMO, her absence has been quite notable on several occasions) and that she will also be general hank landry's (i still read laundry when i read that guy's name) daughter.

Neoptism is just as much of a no-no and hot button issue in the military as fraternization so it just seems odd that while one relationship was taboo for the better part of 8 years, one that's just as 'wrong' is suddenly ok

You should check out the first few episodes of SG-1's ninth season before jumping to any conclusions.

Comment

Apologies if this has been asked before but are there any cross-overs planed ?
                                Or any chance of some Sam and McKay interaction? They are hilarious together.
                                Are Jack and Sam's absence from SGC explained in the first episode?
                                Thanks for taking the time to come here and answer

Comment

Working...
                                X