Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe, I'm curious about one non-spoilery aspect of integrating Vala into S10: We know from Farscape can give excellent, low-key performances as part of an ensemble. However, the character of Vala is written to be attention-getting and the character herself can't handle not being the center of attention. Since Vala was apparently meant to dominate the first 5 or 6 episodes of S9, all well and good. But what happens when you have to work her (Vala, not the dazzling Ms. Black) into the familar SG-1 framework over 20 episodes, many of which will *not* center on the character? Do you have to re-think or alter the role of Vala in some way to accomodate this? It must pose an interesting challenge for the writing staff, given the "team" framework of the series and the fact that Vala is not what you'd call a natural-born team player.
    Thanks.

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

I loved Evolution and the exploration of the 'Fountain of Youth' mythology. I'm curious as to whether you will, or ever have, considered writing an episode exploring possible explanations for the Nazca Lines of Peru?

Thank you!

Comment

Joe, could you elaborate more on this new enemy for SG1 that's been hinted at? It's been aluded that they're related to the Ori, but in what way? Are they from the same galaxy as the Ori and Ancients, or perhaps a warrior race in service of the Ori? Or, is it this Adria that we've read about in spoilers for season 10?
        Last edited by memnarch; 14 January 2006, 10:07 AM.
        Spoiler:
        Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

Joe,

Rumour has it that in order to give greater credibility to the upcoming game Stargate SG-1 The Alliance, that there will be mention of the games enemy (who were locked up by the Ancients) called the Haaken, on the show. Can you confirm or deny this? If they will be mentioned, will it be a passing reference or something with more substance to it?

Comment

Hey Joe. I was wondering if you have ever watched Battlestar Galactica and what do you think about their ratio of woman to male stars. SG-1 seems afraid to have more than one female star and to get CB as Vala you are thinking of shuffling AT to SGA. Yet BSG has many female stars and has a great draw than SG-1. It enriches the show there and makes it a more realistic show. Why not have more female stars?

[multiple q's snipped]
            Last edited by Madeleine; 30 December 2005, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Joe,

There is a fantastic model of a Stargate in the following image:
              http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/int...hyn_01_big.jpg

Any idea where one would obtain something like that? I'd be tempted to stick it on top of my mantle

Comment

Joe,

are we going to see "brother Caius" or Inago in season 10 again? "Brother Caius" was particularly funny, so it would be really great to see more of him

Comment

I can't wait for Ripple Effect! Will we see Janet again in season 10?
                  sigpic

Comment

Hey Joe, I saw you were watching this thread when I posted lol.

Happy new year!

Will we ever see Atlantis fly, rise up and go to space?
                    Last edited by David; 01 January 2006, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Hi Mr Mallozzi,

Happy New Year and good work in both shows.

I would like to know if we will ever get any insight into what the more religious athosians, like Halling I think, think about Becket, Sheppard and the other natural gene carriers, not to mention the whole gene therapy!!!

Thanks for your time and patience
                      Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Joe,

Hoping that this hasn't been asked (or answered in an episode that we haven't yet caught up to up here): In Origin there was the conversation about possible other higher planes of existance, and not being able to write off the existance of legitimite God/Gods, will we ever see anyone from a higher/different plane then the Ancients/Ori or conclusivly find out whether there are other planes with beings? Or is it something that will be left to the imagination?
                        Thank-you

Happy Holidays.
                        ~Trek_Girl42

Comment

This question is probably too little, too late, but I just had to ask once I'd heard the quotation.

Several sources quote TPTB from the early years saying that we (the fans) would never have to endure a "Stargate SG1" without RDA, and that when Rick left, the show would end. (Yes, this is what I wanted, so movies were a possibility.) So with this being the case, how can TPTB justify expecting the fans to put any faith in them after going back on their promise?
                          - Mary
                          SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                          Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Okay this question may seem small, or even not on the radar of most fans.

But I really like the introduction of the character CAMERON MITCHELL.

I was wondering if there will be a crossover STORYLINE in season 10 (not a plot or major storyline), but a back story that involves Ben Browder's CAMERON MITCHELL and Joe Flanigan's JOHN SHEPPARD ?

I would love to see a development in both those characters that has ramifications on how they see themselves, how they deal with their teams or just a great insight into who they are!!

Cheers
                            canuck49
                            A bug! Oh Reese, you and your toys.

Comment

Joe, Have a great 2006!! I adore you and the show! You give me belly laughs! My question is....How was your Christmas? Did Santa bring you everything you wanted? Keep up your excellent work! Thanks for helping make Stargate possible

Comment

Forgive me if this has been asked before...

I've been catching up on the show, let's hear it for Tivo... But, any plans to loop Carter's line ". . .unless you're planning on giving the American public a Stargate primer?" in Ex Deus Machina for the DVD or repeat airings?

I can understand a character saying a line a certain way because it's in character, but it seemed to me that Carter would know how to pronounce 'primer'.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X