Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JMallozzi
    Hmmm. I don't seem to be getting my innumerable requests for media interviews and convention appearances. Best to email me at
    [email protected]
    Shall do! Thanking you

Comment

Originally posted by SueS
      Are there any plans to have any Atlantis people cross-over to SG-1 for an episode or two?

I think it would be interesting to see Ronan or Teyla interacting with SG-1.

SueS
      Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
        Joe,

As you seem to have things somewhat planned for the immediate future, who's slated to write the 200th episode? You? Rob? Brad? Sci-fi?
        Me. Rob. Brad. Paul. Maybe Martin as well.

Comment

Thanks for some of the info you have put at Solutions.

You said that Daniel and Carter will cross to Atlantis in S10 - any info on what the stories may be for them on Atlantis - how they will participate, will they be in the same ep(s) of SGA? Will they be on Atlantis or will they be on earth or at the SGC?

Comment

A possible Sam/Jack storyline/scene/suggestion is really the farthest thing from our minds at the moment. I've often said it would have been a nice way to end the series but, at present, O'Neill is no longer on the show and we're focused on coming up with stories for season10.

why are you quitting this? i just don't get it. you *don't* have to have rda/jack there to do ship (temporarily that is). why are you essentially quitting this ship storyline? please, for once, just give us the facts.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

I know you didn't join the writing staff until later, but are there any story arcs or characters from earlier seasons (i.e. S1-3) you would like to revisit?

SueS

Comment

How do you come up with names for Earth humans? For example, Lam isn't an awfully common name...
                Rocky

Comment

I will remind folks that Joe is the only one to be answering questions in this thread.

Now if there's something that you know the answer to, then PM the person and tell them, don't clutter up this thread. Your post will just get deleted anyway.

As to the repitition of questions, it's been happening for years. Joe's been getting asked about the furlings, sam and jack, jack and daniel, daniel's storyline, jonas' return, etc, etc, etc for years, literally.

If there is a question that he does not want to answer, he won't.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hi,

I would realy like to know if the writers make some sort of background file for every main character including things like he/she has a trauma of some sort, family history, etc or you only decide the highlights like civilian or military, if civ. what area of science expertise or other in case it's not a scientist and the rest you make up as you go.

I know you weren't with the gang in the begining of SG-1, but I think you were with Atlantis. So you could answer only based on the new show, but if you know for both, I would like to know too.

Thanks for your time.
                    Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Excellent questions. When I was developing the show for television, Caillou was a French book series that was in the process of being translated to English. The author had toyed with calling the kid Lollipop, perhaps assuming the original name, Caillou (pebble), would have been lost on an English-speaking audience. It would have been akin, I thought, to renaming Tintin, Bernard for an English audience. We kept the name and kept the hair after seeing how downright goofy the character looked with hair.

Thank you Joe! This mystery has puzzled me since I had to start suffering through, oops of course I meant enjoying, Caillou with my son every morning. Actually I reckon Caillou is actually an early incarnation of Teal’c…

DON’T YOU SMILE AT ME LIKE THAT! THAT’S NOT EVEN A REAL SMILE! IT’S JUST A BUNCH OF TEETH PLAYING WITH MY MIND! Sig courtesy of AmberMoon… kneel before your God!

WWW.SUPERNANNY.US.COM. Log on. Or it’s the naughty chair for you.

Comment

Joe,

Are we EVER going to get any backstory on the character of John Sheppard? He is awfully nice to look at, but it is difficult to continue to care for him, and understand his motivations when we know so little about him. We have more info on Waith history than Sheppard's life story.

Thanx!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

thanks for answering my previous question Joe, tho i have another that has bin playing on my mind for a while, here it goes:
                          Quite early on into SG-1 the first ship was built, the X-301, which was basically a hybrid of tauri and Goa'uld technology. So my question is will we see something like that in Atlantis, a wraith dart/tauri hybrid? I think it'll be really interesting to see and they do have the salvaged dart from 'duet' still to work from. Thanks

Comment

Joe,

Here is an off the wall question but I think it’s a relevant one if SGA and SG1's enemies ever cross paths. Is it safe to say that a Wraith would have an easy time feeding on a prior, or would a prior give the Wraith a run if its money?

Comment

No, but occasionally fan comments and quibbles do make it into scripts (ie. Citizen Joe).
                              Examples? Things like about the Furlings and Wormhole X-treme?
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

No, but occasionally fan comments and quibbles do make it into scripts (ie. Citizen Joe).
                                Cooool. Maybe Carter can name a brand new naquada space probe after me. She shall call it..... minigeek!

Mwa ha ha ha!

Ah well, it was worth a try.

Joe, what're the odds we'll get to see Carter flex some of her piloting skills in season ten?

Ta,
                                minigeek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Working...
                                X