Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Joe, I wanted ask you a question regarding timelines and history in the stargate universe. Will you ever put together the history of how the ancient alliance between the nox,furlings, asgard, and ancient were formed? Maybe you could make a sequel to the Torment of Tantualus, and bring back Elizabeth Hoffman (Catherine Langford), Keene Curtis (Ernest Littlefield) and have ernest finally translate a part of text that explains the history of alliance. Also in frozen, the episode where you found a frozen ancient with frozen jaffa, you left an interesting question to fans, how do jaffa and ancients get together. We also know that, in a recent episode of Stargate atlantis, when doctor wier went back into time, 10,000 years ago the ancients went back home to earth in the stargate. So the stargate wasnt frozen over back then. Also 10,000 years ago, the gould and jaffa ruled earth. Will you ever finish this interesting story of how the ancients felt about going back to a world ruled by goulds and how Ona Grauer (Ayiana) character got frozen with jaffa.

Comment

I have the sinking feeling that he's not coming back anytime soon.
      Signature oversized: Click to view.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
        Dear Joe,
        Will Christopher Cousins be back on "Stargate SG1" as Joe Faxon? I expected a rescue mission ages ago.

I see you have a fair amount of posts. What other threads have you visited?
        This is a link to all posts made by Joe since joining GW forum.

http://forum.gateworld.net/search.php?searchid=172503

Hope that answers your question (about posts).

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by mahram
          Hi Joe, I wanted ask you a question regarding timelines and history in the stargate universe. Will you ever put together the history of how the ancient alliance between the nox,furlings, asgard, and ancient were formed? Maybe you could make a sequel to the Torment of Tantualus, and bring back Elizabeth Hoffman (Catherine Langford), Keene Curtis (Ernest Littlefield) and have ernest finally translate a part of text that explains the history of alliance. Also in frozen, the episode where you found a frozen ancient with frozen jaffa, you left an interesting question to fans, how do jaffa and ancients get together. We also know that, in a recent episode of Stargate atlantis, when doctor wier went back into time, 10,000 years ago the ancients went back home to earth in the stargate. So the stargate wasnt frozen over back then. Also 10,000 years ago, the gould and jaffa ruled earth. Will you ever finish this interesting story of how the ancients felt about going back to a world ruled by goulds and how Ona Grauer (Ayiana) character got frozen with jaffa.
          If they want to bring back Ernest (if they even remember him), he will have to be recasted, because Keene Curtis is dead (died a 2 or 3 years ago, I believe)

Comment

Hello!
            I would like to know if we will ever know who are the aliens in the ship seen in the episode 7x13 "Grace", and if we will see them again ?

Thanks for taking your time to answer the questions!
            Gilles
            http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
            Ben Browder interview
            Beau Bridges interview

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler
              Hi Joe! My first question!

Who's idea was it to build up Sergeant Walter Harriman's (Chevron Guy) Character this year (Finally!), and are you planning to further develope the character in Season 9 of SG-1, and possibly Season 2 of Atlantis?

Anything with Walter in is great!

Thanks,
              Whistler,
              I want to know too Walter is sooooo great! He'd be a great character to show more often. Kinda makes me think of Fraiser in a way. Janet's gone, it'd be great to have him sorta take her place or something Maybe get his own episode one day *crosses fingers a la Jonas* that would be...well there are no words for how awsome it would be I want to know more about the Chevron Guy He'd be a very easy character to love.

Most of us already do, I think, and the rest acknowledge that the show just wouldn't be the same if he wasn't around. Who else can sound sexy calling out the chevrons?
              May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Joe,

thank you so much for sharing your valuable time with us to answer our questions!

In recent weeks/months a lot of long-time fans of the show have mentioned that they feel that Stargate is increasingly tailored towards a younger, (predominantly male) demographic; in other words the 'typical' scifi fan. Is this a deliberate move or a coincidence? And does Sci-Fi or MGM give you specific directions on where to take the show?

Thank you!

Feli

Comment

Just a reminder to folks that Joe only ever drops by the forums (of which GateWorld is just one) when he has the time. As you can imagine, he's kept pretty busy on Stargate and Atlantis. So please be patient. I'm sure that if he can answer any of your questions he will do so.

With regard to the question about submitting stories to Stargate - he's been asked that a number of times and always gives the same answer. They only accept story pitches put forward by an agent. So, in order to write for the show, you have to get yourself an agent.
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't know if this thread is still viable but I'll ask my question anyway.

Hi Joe,

I had read an article somewhere that Keith Hamilton Cobb was considering joining or guest starring on SG1. Since he left Andromeda, (thank god!) I haven't seen hide nor hair or him except for Y/R, or course, (and that's not one of my soaps. ) Any knowledge as to the KHC situation? I'd really love to se him on SG1 or SGA.
                    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Hi Joe

After hearing about the Seige Part 1 I have another question but since it's heavy spoilers I'll use the tags as a courtesy to everyone else.

Spoiler:
                      I know Peter Grodin gets killed off, with the place he is last known to be being obliterated but this is scifi and I haven't yet taken that as proof.
                      I still hope he might be alive and I even managed to think of someone feasible ways it might happen.
                      I figure if I can think of about 6 quite possible ways for him to survive then you all, TPTB, could well have plenty of options to bring him back, if you wanted to. So the question is do you all or any of you want him back and are we at all likely to see the character back in later seasons?

Regards
                      Hannah

Comment

Hi Joe, its an honor....

First off I havent seen much of the second half of either series yet so i might get my answers but if not.

1. Do the Ancients get infected with the plague in the MW galaxy or do they bring it back from the Peg galaxy?

2. Is there any safe guards to prevent future storys about the history of the Ancients from rewriting what we have learned in past seasons? Other words is anyone keeping track of continuity between what is established and what is now being thought up?

3. Wondering in Eposide 117 (Letters from Pegasus) when the message was sent through to SGC, what eposide time period are they in. Example when Atlantis eposide 117 send that message was SG-1 in eposide 811 or later on?

Guess i see why u guys arent big into crossovers.

4. In Rising, did that happen between SG-1's 802 and 803 eposides, cause it goes from Lostcity to knowing about the
                        Ancients gene in a really quick time.

5. Any chance u bring back the Ashen? (PLEASE)

Thank you Joe for your time and hope for a season 10,11....
                        LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

The addition of RepliCarter into S8 has great potential for S9.

This arc could lend itself to Sam Carter stepping up to the plate and really contending with her alter-self (physically and psychologically). Furthermore, the complexity of RC (is she truly evil; is she redeemable; do Sam's own characteristics continue to conflict her?) just point to some intriguing possibilities for the writers and a challenge for the actor.

Will you keep RepliCarter on as a new nemesis? Utilizing this character in further episodes could possibly result in earning AT another Leo for her wonderful acting.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                            The addition of RepliCarter into S8 has great potential for S9.

This arc could lend itself to Sam Carter stepping up to the plate and really contending with her alter-self (physically and psychologically). Furthermore, the complexity of RC (is she truly evil; is she redeemable; do Sam's own characteristics continue to conflict her?) just point to some intriguing possibilities for the writers and a challenge for the actor.

Will you keep RepliCarter on as a new nemesis? Utilizing this character in further episodes could possibly result in earning AT another Leo for her wonderful acting.
                            It could also bring Carter back as a tougher character than she's been this past 2 seasons. She's a little too insecure. I know characters change with experiences but after everything she's gone through, she should be a tougher person not so insecure. How can anyone ever be insecure about anything after having saved the world who knows how many time?
                            May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Discussion of answers/questions is for the Discussion Thread. Or were you asking Joe how Carter could be so insecure?

Joe, do you have any post-Stargate plans or projects in mind? Or is it too early to start thinking about that? Weren't you and Paul thinking of your own project at some point?

Comment

Hey Joe

In the commentary for Lost City, it was mentioned that the Jack/Sam relationship would be 'dealt with' by the end of s8....but it was also mentioned that the jack/daniel relationship would be dealt with as well.

I know you won't say anything about J/S, but any hints about J/D?
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X