Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueS
    Just curious, is there anyone else on the writing staff who would like to see Jack and Sam together?

Anyone on the writing staff who is not particularly fond of Jack/Sam ship?

Any Daniel/Vala shippers on the writing staff?

SueS
    Its safe to say the rest of the writing staff is pretty ambivalent on the subject.

Comment

[QUOTE=SueS]Okay, a few questions related to some things you said in your latest blog.

1. Paul's story - renamed "The Tower". Is this an SG-1 story? What was it called before?

SGA story. Formerly "Sister City".

1. the Ancient gene, the Medicis, scoring drones. - Are these SG-1 or Atlantis stories? Are any of them the "off-world ambassadors" story or the episode in which "THAT character returns"? Oh, and "maybe" is not an acceptable answer. I want details!

They're all the same story: The Tower. I'd give you details, but I just know you wouldn't want me to ruin it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
        What beard?

so when eps. 6 rolls along and beard is gone guessing no reason why he all of a sudden had to shave it lol!

sorry not letting it go with 'what beard' lol!

its like all of a sudden short hair at the end of season 2 and no reason why he got it cut in fact the sg members were not surprized by it!

and how goes that singing eps. we getting that in season 9 or season 10 lol
        Sue

sigpic

Our Stargate Forum ~Michael Shanks List ~Michael Shanks Online

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          So how does one get an invitation to this season premiere party? I'd be more than happy to bring a case of Ben & Jerry's Oatmeal Cookie Chunk along with me.

Kat
          Well seating is limited so if you could convince one of the other producers to give up their seat...

Comment

Joe,

in an interview a few months ago Damian Kindler said that he hadn't seen "Farscape", 'cause he hasn't borrowed DVDs from you yet. Have you lent him "Farscape" DVDs already and how he likes it?

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
              First off, I wouldn't lump fans of Hathor (one of my all-time favorites) with those of Emancipation. The latter is one of my go-to examples of an episode that was El Stinko to the max, IMO. And, no, I don't pine for the return of polyester shirts and Edsels—although a second coming of disco might be nice.
              Now to important matters (read: ice cream). Given your rather adventurous palate, what was the most improbable flavor combination that you succeeded with and what was the biggest misfire of your ice cream-making career to date?
              I'm pretty much a novice, so I haven't gotten that experimental. Yet.

Comment

Mr. M.

Is the NID/Trust now totally ka-put? Or will those snakes rear their ugly heads again. . .including our fav detested character - Kinsey?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

We try to be as accurate as possible in our scripts (well, as accurate as possible without sacrificing drama). We haven't had the opportunity to confer with any NASA/JPL scientists - but, hey, if they're offering...
                  Oh, Joe, THEY are Offering...youbetcha...got 2 Physicists and a NASA Program Administrator on the ready...they have a few...notes.

And JPL has a whole office for entertainment liason efforts just for your industry.
                  Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Well seating is limited so if you could convince one of the other producers to give up their seat...
                    do you know how the rest of the cast is going to celebrate?? and i mean stargate and atlantis cast, will the do anything on july 15th other then some at cons lol!
                    Sue

sigpic

Our Stargate Forum ~Michael Shanks List ~Michael Shanks Online

Comment

Hi Joe,

MS said that Landry is a much sterner leader than they have had before, can you tell us how Daniel is getting along with the new General? After all Daniel has got used to first a General who was quite fatherly towards him and then one who is his best friend. Is he having a tougher time getting around Landry?

thanks,
                      Elbereth.

Comment

In what ways is Mitchell different from Jack? I mean, significant, not just age, hair color, different name, etc.
                        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by yabyumpan
                          I've just watched THE TORMENT OF TANTALUS again (great ep) and I was wondering if there was any chance of revisiting Ernest's planet now that the SGC has the Prometheus and the new ship. Even if the Stargate's gone there a chance that the meeting room with all the meaning of life stuff could still be there. I would think it might be worth setting up some sort of base there now they've got a way to get there and back. Just a thought

- There is definitely a story there. But not in season 9.

On a more serious note, any chance black actors will be employed to play anything other than Warrior types ? I know that Dr MacKay was originally supposed to be played by a black actor and that Dr Lee's character was originally an Asian woman, but niether of those things happened (not a dig at Bill Dow or David Hewlett, I love both actors). I do find it a bit disturbing that Stargate (and SGA) are among the few shows on television where people of colour are not seen in a variety of roles. This is something that's been a concern for sometime in my corner of LJ fandom, so it's not just me that's questioning casting decisions.
                          - When we cast a part, our one and only aim is to cast the best actor available. We've always prided ourselves on the guest stars who have appeared on the show, from relative unknowns to big guns like Beau Bridges, Lou Gossett Jr., William Devane, Dean Stockwell, Steven Williams, and Jolene Blalock to name just a few, and have always attempted to cast a wide net when looking to fill a role. Hopefully you'll be pleased with some of our future guest stars.

Comment

Originally posted by tofuchef
                            sup. more questions lol
                            1. how come alot of ancient technologies in sg-1 look primitive on the outside.. like in reckoning.. the console were made of like stones.. and the weapon was inside a monument. whereas in atlantis.. it looks really advanced on the outside, nice and shiny and structured..
                            <snipped>
                            Ah, you noticed. More on this in season 2 of Atlantis.

Comment

Evasive you say? Me?

I'm sorry. What was the question?
                              Duh I guess I did give you an easy way out didn't I ? I should have known ...
                              So, never to say I don't oblige '...snip, snip, snip... So my question is what is your position on downloading episodes after they aired in the states?'

And since everyone else seems to ask for their nationalities, could we have a portuguese on Stargate ? We have a long history of pushing up the frontiers of the known universe ,just like the americans

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemetheus
                                One of the things I've loved to watch progress over the years is Jack's increasing arrogance when dealing with any Goa'uld. The way this has been cultivated and nurished from the early thoughts of him as a pain in the mik'tah is masterful. Although I am fairly sure Ben could do a comparable act onscreen, his character doesn't have the foundation for the kind of gloating that's gonna need to be done when we run into old System Lords. Is this going to be passed to another team member, or should I shut my mouth, turn off my brain for the next 3 weeks and trust that you know what you're doing?
                                O'Neill's increasing arrogance with regard to the goa'uld developed over the many years he had to deal with them. In the case of the Mitchell character, he is the new kid on the block - going up against the new villain on the block in the Ori. His attitude will be decidedly different.

Comment

Working...
                                X