Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by binkpmmc
    Joe - can you tell the fans what some of the story arcs will be for Carter after her return? There is precious little about her involvement re: the eps she is in. Obviously we know you cannot divulge major details or spoilers but a few words on whether or not she actually plays a significant role in any of the stories and what some of the arcs will be would be helpful to Carter fans, many of whom are feeling somewhat skeptical about this character's return as the strong, intelligent leader. We know she was away for personal and professional reasons (one of which is backstory re: Cassie), we know she returns in Beach Head because the SGC needs her to once again save the day cuz they can't do it without her, that's nothing new, but what else?

As always, thanks for your time here. (BTW Dasani or Evian?)
    In Beachhead, Carter will barely have time to unpack before she's at the frontline, doing what she does best - working on a way to help save the day. Ex Deus sees her in the thick of things - reunited with an old friend. Fourth Horseman offers yet another reunion of sorts while Carter teams with Dr. Lee in an attempt to help capture "the missing piece of a puzzle". Ripple Effect - well, can't say much without giving this one away but, suffice it to say, we'll see plenty of Carter in this episode.

Comment

Hello Mr. Mallozzi,

I don't know if anyone has ever asked this question, and myself being a Daniel fan, I would like to know....If it is Daniel's place to translate ancient text, and he is suppose to be the "expert" or the most qualified, then why do we see Maybourne in "Its good to be king" being able to translate ancient? And Selmac/Jacob and Sam in "Reckoning" translating the wall to the device? When things like that should be written for Daniel. In Carter's absence we wouldn't see Daniel attempting to build a reactor, right?

Hope it was ok to ask.
      Thanks again
      Last edited by tmp23; 24 June 2005, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
        Joe - can you tell the fans what some of the story arcs will be for Carter after her return? There is precious little about her involvement re: the eps she is in. Obviously we know you cannot divulge major details or spoilers but a few words on whether or not she actually plays a significant role in any of the stories and what some of the arcs will be would be helpful to Carter fans, many of whom are feeling somewhat skeptical about this character's return as the strong, intelligent leader. We know she was away for personal and professional reasons (one of which is backstory re: Cassie), we know she returns in Beach Head because the SGC needs her to once again save the day cuz they can't do it without her, that's nothing new, but what else?

As always, thanks for your time here. (BTW Dasani or Evian?)
        Woops. Forgot to answer the last question. There's no comparison. Dasani is just filtered water. Evian is spring water. Evian.

Comment

Originally posted by Livi2Jack
          Dear Joe,

Thanks for the info...question: If you are revisiting "Charlie" then shouldn't Jack be in the episode?...please say yes, and get RDA some screen time.

- Wrong Charlie.

And back to my original question some time ago...why hasn't Jack been awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor?
          - Yeah! Why hasn't he?! I am equally outraged!

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
            Joe,
            In The Ties That Bind, The Weapon Vala is holding,

is that a pulse pistol from Farscape or did you guys make it.
            Our props department made it.

Comment

Originally posted by JackONeill
              Joe-
              How old were you when you first thought of becoming a writer? And, what advice do you have for any aspiring writers?

Thanks
              I was in elementary school. I wrote short stories and attempted terrible novels. My advice to any aspiring writers is simple: Write. A lot. It may seem obvious, but you'd be amazed how many aspiring writers never really find the time to hone their craft.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
                I have a question

For give me if I'm wrong but because of the hiatus between the 2 halves of the season you get to see fans reactions to early episodes of a season while you are writing the second half episodes. What impact if any does this have on the episodes you write for later in the season?
                Actually, by the time the shows premiere on July 15th, we'll have already mapped out the entire season and will have actually scripted roughly 35 of the 40 episodes. By that point, its kind of too late to be having second thoughts.

Comment

hi, joe,

if when you'd first arrived on the show (4th season?), and you'd been given the show all to yourself; how would you have written it from then on? (and i'm expecting you to really use your imagination, and not just say, 'differently').

sally
                  Last edited by majorsal; 24 June 2005, 09:51 PM. Reason: i forgot )
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateTraveler
                    Actually there are a bunch of people who do go to these forums that love the show as well. It is a small minority (albeit a very vocal one) that love to post the same criticisms over and over and over each week. It only seems like a majority because some of the loudest whiners are also some of the most prolific posters. Constructive criticism is a good thing and I'm sure it is useful to TPTB but some of these folks simply cannot be pleased no matter what the writers write (yet they continue to watch ).

Don't be fooled. The overwhelming majority of people who watch the show love it. Why else would the ratings be growing each year? Joe, you guys are doing a fantastic job. I second star47 by saying to keep up the good work.
                    Much appreciated. I try to check out a variety of forums to get an equally varied cross-section of opinions. Its interesting to see what works for some fans and what doesn't for others. Yes, there are forums out there strictly dedicated to complaining about the show. Ironically enough, the individuals doing the complaining seemingly despise the show (have apparently despised it for going on 5 years) but, despite their disdain, do make the time to continue watching, presumably so that they can have something to complain about. Its hard to take them seriously. Overall however, the forums out there offer a nice range of opinions - and I do take note.

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                      Gilder,

Congratulations to you and your Spurs. But to tell you the truth, I've always been a fan of the Pistons since way back when they were The Bad Boys.
                      The Bad Boys were classic but this group of PISTONS i notice have a lot of heart I JUST WISH THEY HAD WON AGAIN! Nice to see a writer thats a Pistons fan!

Did you harass CJ last year after the pistons beat the lakers?

ok now for a question:

second half of season which eps. can we look for that center around daniel?

can i also say BRING ON SEASON 9 can't believe we are down to 20 days til the season starts!

And is there any kinda viewing party for the season opener or just another day at the office?
                      Sue

sigpic

Our Stargate Forum ~Michael Shanks List ~Michael Shanks Online

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry
                        Actually that brings a question to mind. Episodes such as Citizen Joe - okay, that's more or less summed by Citizen Joe, although there are glimpses in other episodes - seem to be mainly aimed at the forum-lurking\participating crowd, in such a way that non internet-checking people would actually miss the entire point. Er, what I'm trying to say is that it seemed most of Citizen Joe could only be understood if you read SG forums, etc. isn't aiming an episode to such a small crowd a bit of a problem?
                        I disagree. Most of the in-jokes were aimed at fans of the show - though there were a couple of gags that were there for the benefit of the online contingent.

Comment

[QUOTE=getcarter]Hi Joe,

I've only been watching Stargate since season 7, (and promptly bought all the DVD's to catch up) but I was attracted to the show simply because it's a great show. I also enjoy the tension between Jack and Sam. Do you or others ever regret bringing that element into the show, since it seems to be a point of contention among shippers and anti's alike?

- Nope.

As a shipper I have thoroughly depressed myself by reading this thread but I digress....I guess my real question is - what is the big deal with just letting Jack and Sam be together?

- It would have been impossible given current military regs - and now, very difficult given that Rick is no longer working on the show.

Comment

Joe...

Just wondering how Brad and the other PTB enjoyed their Blue Jello...

I heard from lots of people from various forums and countries who said they sent some in...so taking them at their word (and hoping that the various postal agencies around the world haven't taken their sweet time), there should have at least been enough for a nice Blue Jello party...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Serebii
                              Hey Joe

After seeing many of the Season 9 Pictures it becomes apparent that Daniel & Teal'c arent wearing the SG1 Patch but are wearing the standard SGC patch that Walter, Siler etc. wear, not just in the SGC but offworld too while Mitchell has the SG1 Patch

Why is this?
                              Check out the season premiere, Avalon I, for the surprising answer.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
                                Hey Joe

its me again, chances are i wont see your reply for sopme time becuase i am going to watch all 8 seaosns of Stargate Sg-1, anyway the question is, to you what makes a great Sg-1 episode?

Thanks
                                S.G.C
                                A variety of things - a great story, great characters, fun dialogue, and the occasional surprise or two.

Comment

Working...
                                X