Prime Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime Announcement

Did Amazon say anything today about Stargate?, I'm guessing not by the lack of any info online

The MGM panel was so amateurish and disappointing. I didn't expect a show like what Kevin Feige and Marvel do, but this MGM panel looked bad. They promoted 2 tv shows then they aired Wheel of time 3x01. I am aware of the actors' strike. Amazon is a major streaming service and they should have done much better. I was and I am so disappointed and angry how I let myself be fooled again that there will be an SG announcement.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I watched a part of it and just turned it off after about 20 minutes in.
      Felt ashamed in their place.

After witnessing that, yeah, I'm so full of hope that Amazon will make something good of any new Stargate...

Anyways, for me it doesn't matter, I've already made up my mind.
      New star trek destroyed my love of that franchise completely.

So: any new Stargate, the only way they can convince me to watch it is if they bring back David Hewlett as Rodney Mckay.
      Anything else, I'll probably not watch it just to safeguard my love of the franchise.

And from what I heard from scitrek on youtube (for as much as what they say is rumour or not), apparently for any new Stargate they're looking in the direction of SG-1, not Atlantis or Universe, potentially bringing back Samantha Carter and Daniel Jackson.

If there is one of the 3 series of which I absolutely am not interested in a continuation, it's SG-1. That series is concluded, full stop. The story is told. Even the last 2 seasons with the Ori felt forced and artificial just to get to 10 seasons. They should have already stopped after season 8.

The only stories I want to see more of is Atlantis and especially Universe, both with an open end.

Here's to good scifi-books at least, thank god I can still scratch my itch that way
      Last edited by DrMckay; 15 October 2023, 02:07 AM.

Comment

If you check other threads then you can see how many ideas we have written in the last few years.

S9-S10 was supposed to be called Stargate : Command as a new spinoff, but SyFy didn't let them rename SG-1.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Yes, I know.
          I'm afraid that any new stargate, if they go down the road of SG-1 continuation, will just be like an SG-1 season 11.

I would rather see something along the lines of an SGA season 6 or SGU season 3 (of course not exactly that, I know they won't just continue those series), but you understand what I'm saying here.

Comment

While I want a continuation of the BW canon, I would like to not see necessarily a direct continuation. If we get a new movie or tv show then we need new heroes, new enemies, new allies etc. The new spinoff should be able to stand on its own feet then they can deal with previous characters and storylines.

I strongly believe the franchise should return to the gate system instead of moving to the space armada type of scifi like StarTrek or StarWars since the franchise is called StarGATE. So they should give us more gate related discoveries. They should write the portals more interesting as part of the stories.

They should explain why humans and Earth based ecosystems are in other galaxies too.

Mythological aspects should be stilll explored as well. Stargate was unique to mix fantasy and scifi elements while it helped to create cultural bridges between Earth and the newly introduced locations.

They should decide what type of show they want :
            - episodic vs. serialized
            - base centric vs. ship centric
            - Milky Way vs. Pegasus vs. any new galaxy
            - how to deal with the last 10-15-20 years gap

Last edited by Platschu; 16 October 2023, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X