Lack of containment suits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lack of containment suits

Wondering how people feel about the show's lack of proper containment suits when exploring planets.

Especially since I've been listening to scifi podcasts and they make fun of the idea of exploring alien planets without any sort of suit on.

Sure the malp can scan the air for poisons and radiation but it doesn't do bacteria. And sure they get checked once they get back but wouldn't it be better to wear a suit to be safer?

sigpic
    Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
    https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Yeah, I didn't really think about it too hard when I first watched the show. But you are correct it is weird that they didn't do something like that more often.

Personally, I have a larger issue with the fact that very nearly every group they encounter are speaking modern english with only a couple words that are difficult to understand, even when their written language is wildly different from english.

Them not wearing hazardous-environment/space suits can be explained away a bit, though the viral and bacterial dangers aren't really mentioned too much until they are a problem. I mean there have been at least one if not more infections from walking around without suits but they never change their policy! It is so strange!

Comment

Working...
    X