Stargate easter eggs in the arrowverse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate easter eggs in the arrowverse?

Anybody else notice the "easter eggs: in the arrowverse? Easter eggs is what im calling them, not sure how else to put them. Because im not sure if this was intentional or not.

First, actors.
    Now, i mean. Actors gotta act. Thats...what they do. If is was 3 or 4 actors from stargate that o saw on arrowverse, whatever. Heck, Amanda Tapping even directed an epi of The Flash [Season 6 Epi 18]

But its almost like whoever was in charge of casting went through the Stargate lineup and started cherry picking names. It is a HECK of a lot of actors.
    And, again, if it was just this. Meh. Whatever. Actors gotta act.

But then ive seen 3 easter eggs easter eggs.

Stargate SG1 Season 10 episode Uninvited we see Jacks cabin. The same cabin is used season 2 epi 20 on the flash as Barrys dads cabin.

Partway through Stargate SG1 season 8 they started using these hazmat suits. Pretty specific ones. And, if im not mistaken, those hazmat suits were designed FOR Stargate.

But then the Flash uses them. Twice.
    The first time is when they are moving Fallout. I cant remember the epi off the top of my head. The second time is season 9 epi 2. When the hazmat team is in star labs.

And THEN. They use the freaking Stargate SG1 icon. The pyramid with the sun on top.
    used used on The Flash season 4 epi 1 when trying to get barry out of the speed force. Right after kid flash is asked to put the red bouncy ball of death on something, it changes to a computer screen and the icon is on all 4 corners.

I think someone on the crew for Arrowverse has a thing for Stargate.

Also, did i miss any? Has anyone else seen any that i didint?

That's pretty good eye, i didn't noticed the cabin, because i suffer from aphantasia! But it gave me dejavu bit xDDDDD I saw Stargate like 100+ times not even joking - it is disgusting honestly...

I noticed at s6e21 18:49 when Oliver is having private meeting with his lawyer, Ori shaped windows in a room LMAO

Actors from Stargate and there not that often and don't have much personalities, as it would felt weird i think for ppl which watched Stargate, I know it is them, but even so i am not aware much of that fact all the time...

But these easter eggs are pretty funny

Comment

The first two are likely just because both franchises were filmed in Vancouver. The pool of local actors is smaller than in Hollywood, it costs more to fly in Americans than to hire a local, and local actors are available to audition in-person, so it's common to see a lot of the same faces appear in secondary/guest roles when watching any of the various shows that shoot in Vancouver.

Same with filming locations. Productions will often use the same places because it's easier to work with owners who regularly rent their properties to studios and/or because it's easy to travel there from their studio lot. That's why Hatley Castle, for example, is the home of the X-men, Lex Luther, Oliver Queen, a MacGyver villain, etc.

In the case of Jack's cabin, it also appeared in "Caprica," "Eureka," "Fringe," "Once Upon a Time," "Supernatural," and a number of other shows. The real world address, if you're interested, is 2720 Pemberton Ave, North Vancouver, BC V7R 3X5, Canada. Despite appearing remote, it's actually located within the city limits so it's rather easy for a production to get to.

Comment

Working...
      X