Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elite Anubis Guard
    replied
    They did save The Expanse. I don't think it'd be out of the realms for them to want to have an established sci-fi I.P to replace it. (He hopes).

Leave a comment:

• bdub
    replied
    I don't think making original content is Amazon's strong point compared to say HBO or Netflix. However, I'm optimistic, and I'd love to hear a Stargate episode with Atmos.

Now, they do stream Buffy 16:9, rather than 4:3, which is annoying.

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Maybe or maybe not... but the sale has to go through first and that hasn't happened yet and will not happen for the time being.

In fact the deal has come under some serious scrutiny: Unions call on FTC to derail US$8.45 billion Amazon-MGM deal (dated November 23, 2021).

So all everyone can do is speculate about Stargate's future some more cause you'll have to wait a while to find out if that future involves Amazon or not.

Leave a comment:

• Metalgeekzy
    started a topic Does Amazon even want to make Stargate?

Does Amazon even want to make Stargate?

Amazon got ownership of a heck of a lot of titles. Chances are not everything will be worked on. At least not right off the bat. They will need to pick and choose what does and dosent get worked on.

And I know there have been a lot of talk on this project or that reboot. Ect. Brad Wright has shown great interest. The A.I. script reading. Talking with og cast members to see if they are interested. But at the end of the day it's Amazon's call. And if Stargate isn't even on there radar, all the talk and hype is kinda moot.

So, does Amazon even want to make Stargate?
Working...
X