Replica stargate by Todd P. Spann (RPF)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replica stargate by Todd P. Spann (RPF)

Replica stargates... we've seen a couple already.

The Belgians made one out of MDF, which is near lifesize, but doesn't spin. Wanted to make it spin but our build was too heavy in the end. That gate of ours is over a decade old in the meantime and has seen her fair share of con-time.

There's the absolute epic one the Children of MacGuyver made. It spins and comes in 2 varieties, the SG-1 and the SGA one. I think it took nearly a decade for them to finish it but the end result is quite awesome.

And now we have a new player in town, who build himself a replica to scale -- not lifesize but tall enough you could probably stand underneath it and pretend to walk through it. He uses electronics to make it spin and he just added an epic open-gate-animation projection and then I, certainly, died a little.

So allow me to share this awesomeness -- he gave me permission to do so -- and go visit his Facebook page.

I MEAN... THIS DUDE IS EPIC!!

Replica Stargate

If the above link doesn't get you anywhere -- try this one.
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; 19 July 2021, 02:43 AM. Reason: stargate, replica props, fanwork
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Looks like the group might be private. I'm unable to get onto it.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
      Looks like the group might be private. I'm unable to get onto it.
      Let me try that again... here's another link.

Comment

Both links work for me.

Looks awesome.
        http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
          Both links work for me.

Looks awesome.
          First time I saw his project, while building, my jaw dropped hard.

I mean, the guys in my prop-group build a lifesize one that was already impressive -- if a little primitive perhaps. Then the French/Swiss fans build that epic lifesize gate from casts of the original.

And now this guy -- even if it isn't lifesize -- the Stargate community has some really great prop-builders in its ranks.

Would love to see these at conventions (ours has been out and about already).

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

the Stargate community has some really great prop-builders in its ranks.

Would love to see these at conventions (ours has been out and about already).
            Would love to see them, and any other props the community builds/has built, in the actual series IF and/or When Stargate goes back into production.
            http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post

Would love to see them, and any other props the community builds/has built, in the actual series IF and/or When Stargate goes back into production.
              Unless MGM/Amazon builds a relationship with those builders, as opposed to cease-and-desist-them, it might happen.

I know that UK-based R2 builders were involved with the last films.
              I mean, R2-KT is a completely fanbuild R2 unit who made its film debut in the last films. She's a special one though. She was build for a dying kid. She's a treasured R2 unit among the fans.

I can only speak for Disney/Lucasfilm since those are the people who have given us incredible opportunities building replicas for events, using plans used for the screen-used props. They do come with NDA's but so worth it.

Edit
              And Microsoft/343 Games too... a friend of mine was -- for a while -- the only one with a Masterchief costume in the country and he got to do events for Microsoft, game releases and such. I was his handler because he was unable to put the suit on alone without someone helping him get in and out.
              I was that person because he'd actually never played the game and I had so if questions came I provided him with the right answer so he wouldn't look out of place.

Comment

Working...
              X