Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't like teal'c... but jack and daniel ARE better cast...
    God loves you. But I think you're a twit.

Comment

*gasp* you take that back!

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
        shadow, i just read your post, its oddly similar to mine. GET OUT OF MY MIND!!!!!
        aw man, now i'm gonna have to try and copyright my thoughts, or you'll have to copyright yours. this could get messy.
        Muahahaha... I own the copyright on your thoughts. I'd watch it if I were you.

straight plan, you wouldn't by any chance be the guy who used to plague the old forum with Stargate movie topics, would you? I notice a similarity in mentality is all...

Comment

Originally posted by straight plan
          i don't like teal'c... but jack and daniel ARE better cast...
          but teal'c is ..... teal'c.
          he's just bursting to say something one of these days.

ohhh and season 8 he has hair. woot!!

Comment

actually for a couple of years i flat out refused to watch the show, just because i firmly believed that nobody could make a good tv show out of such a good movie, and that if i watched the tv show, that it would ruin the movie for me, among other reasons. but then i saw an episode one day, by accident, and then i found out that brad wright was exec. on the show and created it, and then i started watching and now i can't stop! you might want to get out while ya still can. (kidding)

really though i think it is definitely one of the best shows on tv, and i was so completely wrong in my fears. once i actually watched it, i realised that it could be done right.

ps. you like sam though, right? and hammond? poor teal'c

Comment

What are some other good TV shows made out of movies (whether you consider the movie in question to be good or bad)?

I can name another, Buffy the Vampire Slayer
              Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
              more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                Muahahaha... I own the copyright on your thoughts. I'd watch it if I were you.
                i'm afraid... i'm very afraid.

hey you're not gonna turn me into a bitter, frustrated, sarcastic..... wait a minute here.......

Comment

hey you're not gonna turn me into a bitter, frustrated, sarcastic..... wait a minute here.......
                  And so it begins...

Torley- Buffy the show was way better than the movie, IMO. Umm... I liked the MASH series better than the movie. Kinda blanking on other good examples...

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
                    What are some other good TV shows made out of movies (whether you consider the movie in question to be good or bad)?

I can name another, Buffy the Vampire Slayer
                    aaww. that was gonna be my one. but look how they screwed up the spin off to that one

there aren't really any others that i liked. ( i had the same reservations about buffy though, glad i was wrong there)

and hey the guy who played imhotep is on sky one now! (i think he's in dark angel)

Comment

good one shadow, i liked M*A*S*H too. somehow i forgot that one. was this your doing?!

Comment

good one shadow, i liked M*A*S*H too. somehow i forgot that one. was this your doing?!
                        Moi?? Would I do that to vous?? Oh, you're right. I would.

Comment

I Knew It!!!!!!!

Comment

Ah yes but MASH was based on a book, my good sir. I know that much.

And no, I'm not the guy that flooded the forums with movie topics. I saw my first real episode yesterday. But I saw the movie a year or so ago...

Comment

Originally posted by straight plan
                              Ah yes but MASH was based on a book, my good sir. I know that much.
                              Actually, I'm a ma'am. See my nice ultra rare (for now) Nirrti (female) av? And the bit in my sig? And the fact that I've named myself after a goddess?

Don't know the book, but that's just another step in the process and it doesn't preclude the fact that there was a movie before the show and that I preferred the show.

I'm curious what made you look up Gateworld. Just 'cause it's the coolest site around, or what?

Comment

I searched "Stargate Atlantis" and it landed me here. I saw a thing on TV and was like "Holy Crap". SG-1 is officially my favorite show as of yesterday. I saw an episode WAY back when Jack (the main character [is that his name?])] gets some sword stuck in him. I thought it sucked. Then the episode yesterday with the fat guy inside SG-1's brains was too funny

Comment

Working...
                                X