X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making ZPMs

I just have a question!
    Now since there are only a limit on how many ZPMs that were found, don't you think that since it was a main power source for the ancients that it would be more commonly found? Or at least they could try to find a way to make it? I mean since it takes 3 to power Atlantis alone, and it takes one to power the Stargates connecting the MW and Pegesus that it would be easier to find or make??
    -- Mike

they might find out in the ancient data base how to make em or a planet that has zpm production facilitys

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Comment

Most people think that Atlantis has a ZPM plant but they havent found it yet
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Makes sense to me that there's ZPM's in Atlantis.

Zelenka: Dr. Weir, while you were gone we found a building on the West Pier with over twenty fully-charged ZPMs.

Shep: I thought we didn't detect any with the scanners?

McKay: Well, yes, we're assuming they were shielded so that the Wraith wouldn't be able to detect and potentially sabotage them.

Yeah, you get the idea. Possible, but doubtful.

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
          Most people think that Atlantis has a ZPM plant but they havent found it yet
          .. well if they did find something like that, that would definately be an episode that I wouldn't want to miss! Imagine all the cool things they would be able to do. But then again there are only a handful of things that they could do (at least at this point anyways). Power the inter-galaxy stargates, fully power Atlantis, and power those outposts. Am I missing anything else that they could do?
          -- Mike

Comment

I doubt they will find any lying around or we would have known in Before I sleep
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by SGMike
              .. well if they did find something like that, that would definately be an episode that I wouldn't want to miss! Imagine all the cool things they would be able to do. But then again there are only a handful of things that they could do (at least at this point anyways). Power the inter-galaxy stargates, fully power Atlantis, and power those outposts. Am I missing anything else that they could do?
              Rig one up to detonate ala "Zero Hour" and blow the CRAP out of a Wraith armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohper
                Rig one up to detonate ala "Zero Hour" and blow the CRAP out of a Wraith armada.
                I guess you have a point there -- if we found a crap load of ZPMS then that would just be the end of the series now wouldn't it? We could just rig everyone up and blow up everyone that tries to mess with us. With that in mind, I guess ZPMs are rare considering if they weren't, wouldn't the ancients have already thought of riggin' them up to explode, and thus ending the Wraith's potential threats?
                -- Mike

Comment

Well, the Asgard didn't think to detonate the O'Neill...

Comment

Originally posted by True!Ancient
                    they might find out in the ancient data base how to make em or a planet that has zpm production facilitys
                    I'm sure eventually they will be able to make their own ZPMs... I mean the story arc will get boring eventually, if they can never manufacture, or find an abundant supply of one. Remember, as it stands right now, they have no way of knowing what is stored in the Ancient Database. And i'm sure the Ancients did detail the specs of the ZPM.

I'm sure somewhere around Season 4 or 5 they'll figure it out. Somewhere around the time the Wraith story arc starts to peak.

Comment

Originally posted by vkalra
                      I'm sure eventually they will be able to make their own ZPMs... I mean the story arc will get boring eventually, if they can never manufacture, or find an abundant supply of one. Remember, as it stands right now, they have no way of knowing what is stored in the Ancient Database. And i'm sure the Ancients did detail the specs of the ZPM.

I'm sure somewhere around Season 4 or 5 they'll figure it out. Somewhere around the time the Wraith story arc starts to peak.
                      Do you think that there could be something more powerful than the ZPMs? That would be cool if they found out how to mass produce these things only to find out that there are other more powerful power sources out there! That would make for another good storyu arc!
                      -- Mike

Comment

Spoiler:
                        In the episode "Trinity" the expedition is supposed to come upon, a more abundant power source than a ZPM.

Comment

So theres no need to make ZPM's
                          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                            So theres no need to make ZPM's
                            So the idea is not to be able to duplicate ZPMs but to find something that is better and easier to get a hold of. This should be interesting. I wonder what' it's gonna be called ..
                            -- Mike

Comment

"Better than a ZPM Power source" if you let Ford or McKay name it
                              "Ultra Power Thingy" if Sheppard names it
                              love Torri

Comment

Working...
                              X