Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes that was her - we have found a woman with the gene!!!!!!!

Spoiler:
    BECKETT: There's other people on this base that possess the Ancient gene. Doctor Kusanaki, for example. I'm sure she'd relish the opportunity to help.
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

We need to see more of Doctor Kusanaki.....especially now that we know she is even more special then just the secret admirer of Mckay. (I wonder if she gets one of the famous kisses?)
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Mckay had a Admirer wow.....go Mckay *hides from Mckay's girl*

Don't tell her i was here

Comment

it minght seem that the gene is passed on by men but that dosent explain why even female ancients had the gene in "before i sleep"

it could have somthing to do with the different hormones in men and women still women would still posses the gene but never knew or can use it to such an extent that it would effect ancient technology
          just a thought.
          For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Maybe they only have time in one ep [about 42 minutes] to show their main characters using it i.e. sheppard and carson
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
              it minght seem that the gene is passed on by men but that dosent explain why even female ancients had the gene in "before i sleep"

it could have somthing to do with the different hormones in men and women still women would still posses the gene but never knew or can use it to such an extent that it would effect ancient technology
              just a thought.
              The ATA gene is most definitely NOT sex linked, therefore, both men and women have it. As for your "hormone" theory, both men and women actually possess the same hormones, albeit in different amounts, and hormones would have nothing to do with gene expression. Also, why would a man "know" how to use it, but a women wouldn't?

The more reasonable and much simpler explanation is simply tptb haven't used shown women (except perhaps one) actually using the gene.
              On fighting:
              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Woman and men both have and produce the same Hormones in there body, I believe the total amount of known Hormones in the human body is around 40. Most of which are Protein, Peptide, Tyrosine, Steroid, Tryprophan or derivatives or Tyrosine and Steroids. The most widely known types of Hormones are Estrogens and Androgens (Testosterone). Both are present in male and females but in different amounts like Lida suggested.

As far as why we have'nt seen any female Tauri with the gene yet is a good question.

And Lida that Furling avatar of yours freaks me out everytime I see it now
                Last edited by the Fifth Race; 22 July 2005, 07:22 AM.
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Aw, you mean I need to get a new pic taken? I like this one, but I guess I could have my hair done. I'd hate to keep freaking people out.

It's hard being a Furling.......(deep sigh).
                  On fighting:
                  Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                  Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                    Aw, you mean I need to get a new pic taken? I like this one, but I guess I could have my hair done. I'd hate to keep freaking people out.
                    It's hard being a Furling.......(deep sigh).

LOLOL....I guess you were having a bad hair day

Thats a very creative avatar yet freakishly scary.
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Working...
                    X