This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
    Believe me,I agree about the need to SHOW they're joking!

So if I put afterwards I can say it because it's a joke, but because I didn't have a face I can't say it?
    It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
      I'm not to crazy about this idea. I've always been partial to allowing the "hero" to benefit from some of his/her hard won freedom. Sure it might be more "in character" to 'go down fighting', but I like happier endings.
      Me too!

A "Heroic Death" might be good Drama, but a real disappointment for everyone who prefers their heroes to triumph AND remain "Alive" in the end!

(P.S.:
      Long time no see btw,BCM! You OK? Best Wishes from FHB (prev Footholder!)
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by David85
        So if I put afterwards I can say it because it's a joke, but because I didn't have a face I can't say it?
        No probs from me,David,really,whether the "Smilies" are used or not.

I give everyone the benefit of the doubt till they prove me otherwise!

Comment

Spoilers for S7 Heroes....

Wasn't killing off Janet enough? Although killing off Jack would be rather stupid, it could end the show off on a high note.

Plus, don't forget TPTB have many ways to bring him back:
          -Ascension
          -Asgard Clone
          -Robotic
          -Sarc (to name a few).
          Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
          Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
          Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
          Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
          Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
          Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
          Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by Livi2Jack
            Hey guys, did you "get" the part of "the Gutter Gals...sheesh?"
            No. I don't find RDA attractive so I'd have no reason to visit the RDA thunk thread. For all I know, the Gutter Gals could be a light and fluffy group or they could be a more militant, unpleasantly rabid faction of RDA's fandom- not being a part of any of his groups, I wouldn't know. The "sheesh" could go in either direction, too. You have to be careful not to assume that everyone knows what you're talking about when it comes to things like that. I've made similar mistakes, myself, and the results were generally unpleasant.

But hey, it was all meant as a joke and that's the important thing. Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
              Me too!

A "Heroic Death" might be good Drama, but a real disappointment for everyone who prefers their heroes to triumph AND remain "Alive" in the end!
              Yes I definately prefer my heros to live and enjoy some of the "spoils of war".

That said I can understand the whole 'heroic death' thing because it seems that the many 'war heroes' thrive on war and if there is no war they fade away and die

(P.S.:
              Long time no see btw,BCM! You OK? Best Wishes from FHB (prev Footholder!)
              Thank you I've been looking for a new job and GW was getting in the way of RL so I had to put it on "hold" for a while so I could make ends meet. I don't know what I'd do if I had to cancle my DSL
              ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
              The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Heroic deaths are, generally, kinda tedious. There's a time and a place for a "noble sacrifice" and nine times out of ten, writers get it all wrong.

I don't want Jack to die "heroically", I want him to go down fighting in "just another battle" and leave us wondering what's happened to him. The more I think about it, the more I'm really liking the idea of leaving half or most of the characters stranded in dire situations or outright missing in mysterious circumstances. Build up to something big and then flash "The End" across the screen.

Conversely, though, I also like the idea of ending it with Jack standing in the control room, watching a new group of recruits set out on their first mission. A nice echo of How It All Began, but giving a nod to the next generation of gate explorers/defenders.

Comment

TO BCM:
                  Hmm..I see what you mean about the Faded War Heroes,BCM!

Hopefully, Jack won't end up one of them...still would feel cheated of my "Happy Ending", if he ever dies as such, though!

To be honest,I don't "Ship",but I want ALL the Main Characters to survive,whatever lies ahead.

*SPOILERS FOR S7 "HEROES PT2"*
                  I was in a bad enough state when the writers "Killed off" Janet.
                  I mean I could understand they had their reasons,but as she was one of my favourites,I just plain didn't like it!

I'm a bit of a softie really.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Other Stuff:
                  Back Atcha BCM! I'd probably go into conniptions if I lost the chance to go online too! Glad you're OK. (Hope you've still got TLP#1000! Tame got the Real TLP:#1045! Kept her happy! ) Ah,the Memories of that final posting night on Delphi.....Gives me an idea for a Thread!

RL's a pain.Keeps getting in the way of Fun,IMO!
                  Last edited by Bagpuss; 01 June 2004, 01:21 PM. Reason: Forgot to quote back to BCM!

Comment

I dont mind you killing jack off at the end, it is pretty much his starring feature. I wouldnt even mind tielc and daniel dying RIGHT at the end. Carter should just have her uniform blown off and be seriously injured. But killing off thor ? It just isnt justitifed!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      Conversely, though, I also like the idea of ending it with Jack standing in the control room, watching a new group of recruits set out on their first mission. A nice echo of How It All Began, but giving a nod to the next generation of gate explorers/defenders.
                      Now THAT I could live with!!

(As long as the rest of SG-1 were humanely re-assigned or whatever at the end...I don't want any of them to just "Die"!)

As I'm so fond of saying :"It's all in the writing"!

Comment

Originally posted by Bogopimp
                        Carter should just have her uniform blown off and be seriously injured.
                        Uh... Are you saying that the show should end with Sam being naked?
                        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                          Uh... Are you saying that the show should end with Sam being naked?
                          not neccessarily in the show, maybe just have a nice ending credits thats totally irrelevant, like at the end of chalies angels 2 and the car wash scene it'd really finish it well, from my perspective at least

Comment

Originally posted by David85
                            Actually it doesn't matter how many smilie faces you put after it you can't wish death on another forum member. Fictional characters are one thing, real people are another.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

i would quite possibly be devastated if they were to do this at the end of the series with any of the main characters, but if they killed thor?

are you mad, man?!
                              thor? dead? no. no no no no no no...no.
                              what about heimdall and the babies?
                              kill jack and thor? they're not romeo and juliet ya know. they're not far off it, but they're still not them.

Comment

Originally posted by hail_jack
                                Season 8 is supposed to be SG1's last season....if NOT how should season 9 or possibly even 10 end...i think the only fitting way it should end if Jack (and thor?) dies trying to save earth's a*s from the reps etc, etc what do you guys think?
                                Are you insane?! Why in the world would you want to kill off Jack? Jack is an awesome character. I love is smartass remarks, and tongue-in-cheek humor. Plus, he's a great leader and warrior. He's a good man.

How dare you even think of such a thing!
                                sigpic
                                Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Working...
                                X