This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outside Consultants

Okay, this is all hypothetical...I'm wanting to pick brains here. Preferably, ones who might have some familiarity with military bases.

In SG canon, they had some outside consultants for lack of a better term, I'm thinking specifically of Colson Industries, which worked on some Asgard DNA without being told specifics about it, like origin.

Say that Daniel has a text and wants to consult with someone in the field. The man, after all, is not perfect. Would it be feasible that he could get Hammond to agree to take pictures of the text and the small statue it's engraved on to an outside source for help? The person would not be told about the SGC or where the artifact was found.

So, is this plausible? I'd like some opinions.

Thanks!

P.S. I give out green jello rather liberally....hint.

if it was to come to text, there would be no reason to even give images of the artifacts or give out the artifact itself.

text could be written down by hand or printed out but if the item that needs translated wasn't fragile or important, then i don't see why the original item or images couldn't be used. if the item also looked as if it came from earth, then the actual item could be used (but once again, as long as its not important or fragile).

the Isis and Osiris jars had goa'uld technology so the would be something no one would be given access to, but they came from egypt so there would be no harm in giving out images of it, it would look like a normal burial jar.

if the item came from offworld, then no way they'd be told where it came from or the SGC, no need to reveal that just over a simple translation. even Nick Ballard wasn't told the original location of the second crystal skull so most stuff could be explained by a long lost expidition or new discovery, but they wouldn't go as far reveal the world biggest secret over because of it

sigpic

Comment

Yes he could - they could just make up a story about the tablet being found in egypt or somewhere and if anything strange comes up *find* another tablet claiming the 1st writer was a lunatic
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
        if it was to come to text, there would be no reason to even give images of the artifacts or give out the artifact itself.

text could be written down by hand or printed out but if the item that needs translated wasn't fragile or important, then i don't see why the original item or images couldn't be used. if the item also looked as if it came from earth, then the actual item could be used (but once again, as long as its not important or fragile).

the Isis and Osiris jars had goa'uld technology so the would be something no one would be given access to, but they came from egypt so there would be no harm in giving out images of it, it would look like a normal burial jar.

if the item came from offworld, then no way they'd be told where it came from or the SGC, no need to reveal that just over a simple translation. even Nick Ballard wasn't told the original location of the second crystal skull so most stuff could be explained by a long lost expidition or new discovery, but they wouldn't go as far reveal the world biggest secret over because of it

Excellent point about the jars. That's exactly the type of input I needed. If the artifact was from off world, but still looked like it could have come from Earth then a picture of it would be fine.

Thanks for such a thorough and thoughtful answer.

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
          Yes he could - they could just make up a story about the tablet being found in egypt or somewhere and if anything strange comes up *find* another tablet claiming the 1st writer was a lunatic

LOL...devious minds think alike

Comment

Working...
          X