Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Late Season 7 Spoilers: What if George Bush was elected?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Bush would have launched the prometheus when the first wave showed up. He would have probably saved the thousands of sailors that were killed when Hayes just let them die.

Comment

Originally posted by brandohall
      I think Bush would have launched the prometheus when the first wave showed up. He would have probably saved the thousands of sailors that were killed when Hayes just let them die.

And then Anubis would know we didn't have ancient weapons yet so he'd start blowing cities up etc, and a lot more people would have died by the Time SG-1 go there.
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

I know I spelled it wrong. It was something I saw after reading over my post, didn't bother to edit it, I thought it'd add humor to my post .

I'm sorry if I came off offending anyone. I know it's fun to joke around about these things.

But seriously, if Bush won't use a nuclear bomb in Iraq, would he really use one with the same power/MORE powerful than it?

I make fun of every single politician that puts themselves into the spotlight, don't get me wrong there. You can always find something wrong with them. However, it is from my experience from several other forums, that any threads with the words, "Bush", "Iraq", or "Bush Administration", usually don't do so well. Hopefully the community here is a lot better than the forum's I've previously been to.

I really don't know what came over me earlier. I think partly I was trying to avoid posting in it altogether, but the other part of me wanted to post.
        Vae Victus - Livy

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
          And then Anubis would know we didn't have ancient weapons yet so he'd start blowing cities up etc, and a lot more people would have died by the Time SG-1 go there.
          Maybe, maybe not...

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
            Just what the title says: how would TLC play out if George W Bush's administatation got elected, instead of Hayes and Kinsey?
            Earth would have been obliterated.

The End.

Comment

imo, i think it would have been better if the president had remained nameless & faceless like in the first 6 seasons. more of a symbol than a character.

but since you're asking...bush would probably be convinced that the goa'uld were really terrorists in disguise or vice versa, and start sending troops to other planets. (which in one way would be an improvement over the usual 4-man team that is send to help...)

Comment

i dont think he'd admit it to the nation that the stargate exists...but i could see him totally taking jack's side when it comes to the tokra

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Greesha
                  imo, i think it would have been better if the president had remained nameless & faceless like in the first 6 seasons. more of a symbol than a character.

but since you're asking...bush would probably be convinced that the goa'uld were really terrorists in disguise or vice versa, and start sending troops to other planets. (which in one way would be an improvement over the usual 4-man team that is send to help...)
                  I totally agree about the President.

However, SG-1 is definitely the minority in terms of population. Almost all (if not all) other SG units have more than 4 guys on them. I think this is because SG-1 is first contact and exploration...
                  [email protected]
                  http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                  One nation under dog
                  There of which I stand alone
                  A face in the crowd
                  Unsung, against the mold
                  Without a doubt
                  Singled out
                  The only way I know

Comment

Originally posted by Jprime
                    However, SG-1 is definitely the minority in terms of population. Almost all (if not all) other SG units have more than 4 guys on them.
                    Hmm... Where'd you get that idea?
                    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

And now for my serious answer to a (presumably) tongue-in-cheek question...

I actually like having a face and a name to the President in Stargate. I really enjoyed Inauguration and if anything, it portrayed the U.S. government - particularly the U.S. President - in a positive light.

I mean the president was calm, rational and deliberated the problem at hand without bias in either direction. He was influenced by politics - as all politicians are - yet came to an acceptable compromise in the end. He wasn't corrupted himself despite the presence of corruption around him (ie. Kinsey) so all in all, I thought he was a great model of what a President should be like...although it's always easier in fiction isn't it.

As for what Bush would really do...I think he would probably do something very similar to what happened in the show - though the deliberation to get there might be different - and with the possible exception that he might actually tell the people of earth that earth is about to be attacked.

I think he would use it as an opportunity to show strong leadership, after just having won the election.

And as for whether this thread is acceptable or not.....I don't think it's crossed the line. It's fairly obvious when people are being tongue-in-cheek or not and there is nothing wrong with expressing opinions about politics, as long as u respect that people disagree. What's the point of free speech if you can't even joke about your political leaders? Then again, I live in Australia and here our politicians don't get a lot of respect. Well, they get respect but they are absolutely not off-limits when it comes to snide remarks and jokes. In fact, I'm yet to meet someone who would take offence at a joke at our prime minister's expense, even if they support him!

Personally, I would vote for Thor as President though LOL.

And if anyone thought I was being seriously offensive or something, then apologies and I'll remove it if you couldn't find any humour in it...

All u gotto do is ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
                        Put 'The Trust'/Rogue NID in charge of the Stargate program and order an attack on a planet that has nothing to do with the Goa'uld.
                        Heh. Nothing to do with the Goa'uld but rich in oil =)
                        Fitness Buddies

Comment

Working...
                        X