No announcement yet.

Stargate:Infinity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha im still buying it even tho its for kids. Who wouldnt love more stargate stuff even if it is a d-list cartoon that has no effect on anything?

Comment

http://www.bloggernews.net/116143

Movie Review: Stargate Infinity – The Complete Series
      Posted on June 10th, 2008 by Nathaniel Jonet

excerpt:

I did now initially know that this show was a cartoon. However, for a cartoon, it was pretty compelling. I found myself drawn into the story and, although the special effects were pretty cheesy, they were still better then on the live action show. The story is interesting and we finally get to meet an Ancient. It’s not bad at all.

This Infinity doesn’t go the distance, but it does pretty well for itself nonetheless

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

I never really fancied it much tbh, but thanks for the link

sigpic

Comment

June 18 2008

http://www.realmovienews.com/dvd/reviews/2298

STARGATE INFINITY DVD REVIEW

excerpt:

In 2002, as a part of the Fox Networks Saturday morning line-up, a new
          animated spin-off of the Stargate series titled Stargate: Infinity. This
          spin-off
          did not involve the creators of Stargate: SG-1 or of the Stargate franchise.
          Twenty-six half-hour episodes were created and aired between September 2002 and
          March 2003. The series was wildly unpopular and was cancelled after only one
          season. As a result of the series’ pre-mature cancellation most of the
          show's primary story lines were left unresolved.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

http://geeksofdoom.com/2008/06/19/dv...gate-infinity/

excerpt:

Apparently, Infinity was cancelled after one season because it was very
            unpopular and difficult for kids to watch leading to none of the
            series' major plot developments ever getting resolved. Now, the fan
            perspective has somewhat jaded my view on this animated series because
            it doesn`t relate to the Stargate universe at all. However, I have
            found myself enjoying the cartoon for the sake of it being a cartoon.
            The format of the show is each episode takes place on a different world
            with the characters on the run and picks up where the previous episode
            left off. If you miss one episode you are kind of screwed and let's be
            honest, 7- to 13-year-old children do not pay that close attention to
            detail, making it a difficult show to follow for the age group it was
            trying to reach. In that respect though, as a kid you can't help but
            enjoy the series for its cool action sequences, campy and stylish
            characters, and cool aliens.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

I just finished watching all of Stargate:Infinity and while i know its not too popular I found it enjoyable enough. It was a little preachy at times and characters were alittle 2-dimensional (eyuk eyuk) but it was stargate and i typically enjoy anything with the big round spinny thing in it.

The plot centers on the team being lost in space and trying to get back home. Sub plots are the battle against the Tlak'khan, the framing of Major Gus Bonner by the bad guys, and the origin of Draga.

The team consists of the major, his niece Stacy, a slightly telepathic native american named Seattle, a jock-ish wise arse with a jet pack named Harrison, a humanoid alien named Ecco who sprouts spines when angry and a butterfly-esque alien they name Draga. The show takes place in the future where the stargate is public and aliens live on earth. The Tlak'khan are like humanoid lizards and vaugely reminescent of the guaould who have been defeated. They are connected with Mayan civilizations some how.

The pilot features the framing of Bonner by a shape shifter in the serivce of the Tlak'khan and the hatching of an alien found in a sarcophicus on Earth. The alien is named draga and everyone thinks she is the key to finding the ancients, this show having been produced before the ancients were unveiled on sg1. The rest of the show is a series of free standing episodes focusing on a plot of the week, often with a moral or educational message. The show does frequently take advantage of being a cartoon to do very non-human aliens.

The plots are never finished given its cancellation but the final episode does take place on earth.

In all im satisfied with my purchase, im a good 2 decades over the target demographic, so im not gonna complain about the various cartoon related differences from sg-1 or atlantis. Im somewhat thinking of buying one for my buddy who dosent like sci-fi shows to watch with his little kids. Im betting that he will wanna watch sg1 and sga by the time he gets done with infinity with his kids. :-D

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                Im betting that he will wanna watch sg1 and sga by the time he gets done with infinity with his kids. :-D
                or he may never speak to you again, its a bad show
                sigpic
                EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                -Liberty Prime

Comment

Well, it's only 20 bucks, so I'll be grabbing a copy just to keep my DVD collection complete.

Comment

Originally posted by LawgSkrak View Post
                    Well, it's only 20 bucks, so I'll be grabbing a copy just to keep my DVD collection complete.
                    same here
                    sigpic

Comment

Could of spend that $20 on some cake...

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
                        Could of spend that $20 on some cake...
                        The enjoyment would last longer.
                        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I just bought the first and only season on DVD. I saw the theme and a few clips on youtube, and it looks pretty good. I want to read some other thoughts on this show to see if I brought something good, or just wasted my money.
                          sigpic

Comment

There are already many threads about Infinity. If you put it in the search function you should find them, but the majority opionion is that it's crap.
                            sigpic

Comment

Most people really don't like it.
                              The 5th Race A StarGate Podcast
                              The 5th Race Podcast RSS Feed
                              The 5th Race Podcast iTunes Feed
                              You can follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/jnolan
                              You can follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/stargatepodcast

sigpic

Comment

Iliked it. Its alittle simplistic, but its a kid show. Well worth the 30 bucks i paid even if it dosent get watched much.

Comment

Working...
                                X