This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goa'uld Contradiction

In the episode "Hathor", hathor says they need dna of a species which the goa'uld will be implanted. So then the goa'uld only can be inside of that species.

In the episode "demons", The goa'uld was in an unas and when the unas host was dying it jumped into another host which was a human.

What does everyone think about this?

As far as has been provided by the show, a Goa'uld Queen needs host DNA to ensure genetic compatibility with the host species (Hathor). The incorporation of host DNA allows a prim'ta to survive within a Jaffa incubator, which in turn raises the chances of successful blending (The Cure); without the DNA and the Jaffa, you pays your money and you takes your chance.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

That does make sense. "Hathor" was more about the larval stage than the adult taking over a host stage.
      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Oh... That makes sense now.

Comment

i thought that it meant that the primta would have a better chance of survival. but doesn't necessarily require it- it still has a 1/2 chance of survival by jumping into a host that it wasn't acclimated to.

Comment

I have no Cannon this but my belief is that the older and more powerful the gou'ld the better chance they have with plending with a host. Thus a System Lord could jump into just about anyone or anything it wanted but a younger Gou'ld like Tanneth was pretty much hosed if his host was ever killed since he would have a much lesser chance of successfully taking over another. Also the younger the gou'ld the less control they have over the host and this may contribute to the failure to blend.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Definitely an interesting theory, AGateFan.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I agree

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                  I have no Cannon this but my belief is that the older and more powerful the gou'ld the better chance they have with plending with a host. Thus a System Lord could jump into just about anyone or anything it wanted
                  In the show it has been stated that Lord Yu is so old and has been in his host so long that they are inextricably linked and that he cant take a new host
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                    In the show it has been stated that Lord Yu is so old and has been in his host so long that they are inextricably linked and that he cant take a new host

Oh yeah, and hes in the sarcoficus more than anything

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

Working...
                    X