Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason that I worte that Ra used the gate first was because in the episode "Solitudes" of season one, when Jack and Sam are shot through the Stargate to a diffrent place than Teal'c and Daniel, they find a serpent Guard burried in the ice.

Owen Macri[/QUOTE]

First of all, I too greatly enjoyed your synopsis of the history of pre-SG-1 world. As usual, you have done a very good job explaining things. However, Ra used Horus Guards, not Serpent Guards, so to assume that Ra used the antarctic gate because of the presence of a Serpent Guard is flawed. It is more likely that the Serpent Guard was transported through the Antarctic gate by accident, much like Carter and O'Neill, or by some coincidence of glacial shifting allowing the gate to be dialed after the Giza gate was buried or before the Giza gate was brought to Earth.

Comment

Question, the Goa'uld mother ships destroyed at the start of series 2, surely there should be at least one gate left over from that? Possibly splashing down?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

There's actually another thread in the Sci/Tech Forum discussing this "Third Earth Gate" or something like that.

According to happenings on the show and the fact that no one has been able to dial the gate, it is assumed that the gate was actually destroyed in those explosions. I know it seems like the gate should've been able to survive this judging from other things that we've seen gates endure, but I think if it were still a functioning gate it would've made it's presence known by now, especially under those conditions where the alpha and beta gates were inaccessible and someone tried to dial in.

Comment

i dont think the gate from apophis' season 2 ha'tak survived. usually when we see the gate withstand a powerful blast it is inactive. but since we know that the gate was active when the explosion went down (daniel had just used it to go to the alpha site), it was probably charged resulting in a bigger explosion(remember the goofy scientists from redemption said that detonating an explosive near a gate with an active outgoing wormhole would blow it up). i know it sounds crazy, but in my little world it makes sense

Comment

Heres My take on the two gates.
            The one found at Giza was the first gate on Earth. When Ra came to Earth he found the gate in Antartic, he then moved it to Giza. Some where along the line Ra was thrown down, he left, seeing as he had many worlds with humen slaves on them now. Then along came the Asgard and decided to protected us. Some time after, another Goa'uld maby Apophis, or Sokar, find that one of their slaves worlds is dieing. They decide to leave the slaves their and watch them die fore the pure fun of it! They take the stargate, and leave, they watch it and have some fun, then thay relize that they need slaves! So they decide to plant the Stargate from the just dead plant on earth, by fly an old mothership, crewed by the worst Jaffa they have, past earth. The plan is to get the Asgard to shoot it down, then they can use this stargate!

Just because Antartic is older, doesn't mean that it was here first!
            The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
            Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post

Problems with this come as Ra (IN THE MOVIE) tried to sent an anubis guard and a horus guard to earth after the giza gate was buried and they got fused into rock. Which is strange becuase in the series you simply can't dial into a Buried gate and Thus Ra people should have been sent to the antatic instead of being fused to the cover stones.
              never thought of that
              sigpicIts Scary To Think Of A Mix Between These To Isnt It

Comment

My theory from the gate on Apophis's ship in Into The Serpents Lair, was it survived the ships destruction, but burnt up and exploded in the upper atmosphere. - Stargates are virtually indestructable, but we know that extreme heat will (eventually) destroy them.

Otherwise, it could have subsiquently have been detected over the years by the SGC, tracing the Naqhidah. (I think?)

Re Oops - Continuity between the orginal movie and the series, I assume the movie was in a parellel reality, compared to the series. (Think of the Quantum Mirror from There But For the Grace Of God, and Point Of View!) As a result the main storyline gells, but little things that are off, are off.
                Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Working...
                X