This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter on every planet?

Is it me or does it seem like it's winter on almost every planet that they seem to visit in Stargate? Okay, not really every planet, but very often it seems like you can see the actor's breath fogging in the cold. I realize that it's because they shoot in BC and it probably IS cold there. Still, just seems funny that it seems so much cooler on every planet they visit.

:-)

I cant say ive really noticed that to be honest, however i have noticed how its never dark, with the exception of a few episodes.

Comment

Maybe they wait a day or at least until sunrise before going, less they miss seeing the a busted DHD, second sun, or black hole.

Comment

For recon you'd want to wait until local daytime. It's probably always winter because of the shooting season weather in BC; that or the Ancients liked the cold.
        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I'm sure it's the former, I was just wondering about the in show explanation. Thing is, aren't a lot of the episodes shooting right now? In the middle of summer? Maybe some are being shot in the morning when it's still cooler and more humid too? Cause I know even in only moderately cool weather, I've seen my breath fog up when the humidity is high.

I mean, I'm sure it's no where near every episode, but I see it often enough that it's noticable.

Comment

I disagree. I can only remember a few planets where it was cold. BTW in summer I think it gets into the 80s or 90s in VC.
            I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

Yeah, I figured it did. I just wondered if maybe it got cooler in the mornings or something. Like I said, it's probably just something that's caught my eye, it just seems like it happens far more often than you would expect. Especially since on many of those worlds it otherwise seems like it should be warm.

Comment

I haven't noticed it, but probably I wasn't paying attention. I will check it from now on, and then tell you my opinion.
                Courses that I would most definitively take at the Stargate University:

Ascension, Descension and the importance of flags, by Dr. Daniel Jackson
                (Thanks to Merentha for proposing it!)

Comment

there's a stargate bloopers site out there (search for the thread), and on it someone said you could see the breaths of the people in Mobieus II as they walked across a sand dune in the day.

Comment

Yeah, it's stuff like that, where you see their breath but it's supposed to be hot.

Comment

The one thing I haven't seen, mostly because in a single episode they seem to stick to one planet at a time, but when leaving one planet and going to another, shouldn't the time of day be very different?
                      They can and have easily avoided it in the show but I'd really like to see a sudden time of day change.. it would just emphasize the fact that they're on a different planet.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
                        Yeah, it's stuff like that, where you see their breath but it's supposed to be hot.
                        Three words: Suspension of disbelief
                        Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Yes well it is hard to make it warm when they often shoot at times when it is cold, and it is hard to remove breath so they just leave and hope no-one notices, all i can sayy is i didnt because i dont watch the show to pick out the mistakes!

Comment

Originally posted by Unamed
                            I cant say ive really noticed that to be honest, however i have noticed how its never dark, with the exception of a few episodes.
                            Hmm...not what I thought this thread was going to be about. I never really noticed either. I was thinking the topic was going to be something along the lines of 'do all planets have winter, or seasons?' My answer would have been yes with the possible exception of the planet on Broca Divide, as I am not sure if their planet rotates because it would seem the "divide" is a constant.

How was that for a perfectly good waste of a post?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

LOL. I don't watch it looking for mistakes either. That one just sorta kept jumping out at me. And having raised it, it's probably going to bug other people now too cause they'll be subconciously watching for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X