Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of the dialogue on SG-1?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you actually sat back and listened to dialogue in real life its pretty much the same. Put-downs and other dialogue is very repetitive. You just don't realize because it's you doing the speaking. Sit down and just people watch some time. It's very intresting.

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass
      What I'm talking about is the regular SG-1 characters. To me, much of the dialogue clunky and unnatural. I end up wincing a lot. The words are too formal. The sentence structure isn't natural. It's too perfect. They all use the word "device" way, way, way too often. LOL In fact, if I were working on that show, I'd ban the word "device" and make the writers come up with more creative choices. Have you ever used the word "device" in your own life? I bet you haven't. You say "thing" or "machine" or something else that's unique to you.

Does this bug anyone else?
      I love the show because people talk like that. Academic, military, and more formal settings use formal language. I would lose respect for the show if Carter suddenly started saying "We need the green thingie to go next to the red thingie, and let's hope it doesn't explode."

But then, I like the dialouge. Even the Ya thinks.
      "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Aiden Ford
        I like it.
        Me too. I think the dialogue is one of the things the writers really are doing right. I love the way the characters talk.
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Working...
        X