This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bast
    Asgaard brought over Humans to other planets , Chimera and Red sky episode.

The Ancients may have done the same.

Maybe they freed Goa'uld slaves?

I personally think there is to many human civilizations out there, Way to many human civilizations that overthrowed the Goa'uld at that.

Another question is since every Jaffa carries a larval Goa'uld and each one matures and then takes a host , Why is there so few Goa'uld seen? The Jaffa outnumber them but if each Jaffa Carries a Goa'uld and can have 3 in one life time, Thats means for every Jaffa there is three Goa'uld produced, Also Goa'uld have extremely long life spans they live for thousands of years.

Why are the Goa'uld so few?

Why dont we see them infesting alien races besides the Unas.
    It's because the Jaffa all get shot and their syboites die in war, also some Goa'uld eat symbiotes (Last Stand). Also eacg system lord has many goa'uld servats (eg. Korel, Mot, Selmak [Tok'ra infiltrated as a servant of Yu])
    Also SG-1s only met a small fraction of all the goa'uld out their. In the council at Last Stand their were eight gou'ulds and sg-1 had only ecountered two of them before. And has only ecounter one of those five others afterwards.
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

I figure that not every Goa'uld end up in a host. The Goa'uld have such a horror of the ambitions of their own children that I have to assume they kill the vast majority of their offspring.
      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
        Well it depends. We know the Ancient civilisation died out many thousands of years ago, but have no idea how long it flourished. If they were an advanced and enlightened race who eliminated most of the more traumatic forms of death and deprivation, with a civilisation which lasted for thousands of years, you can bet they would have needed a lot of worlds; worlds to live on, worlds to farm, worlds to mine.
        Several Million Years, at least.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bast
          Asgaard brought over Humans to other planets , Chimera and Red sky episode.
          I thought those were cases where the goa'uld transplanted the human cultures but the Asgard stepped in as protectors after the fact.

Comment

Hm, I'm still trying to figure out why the Ancients would use Base 8 math. They look like us, right? 10 fingers/thumbs?
            Fitness Buddies

Comment

Originally posted by Sicarius
              Hm, I'm still trying to figure out why the Ancients would use Base 8 math. They look like us, right? 10 fingers/thumbs?
              Perhaps they don't count on their thumbs? Or maybe their geek quotient is extremely high!
              Nmom
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dorien
                I thought those were cases where the goa'uld transplanted the human cultures but the Asgard stepped in as protectors after the fact.
                I thought that too. Either that or they took them from other Goa'uld controlled words, but I never got the impression the Asgard took them from Earth.

Comment

Working...
                X