This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing System Lords

From watching "The Mummy" with Brendan Fraser, I keep wondering why Amonet hasn't appeared in Stargate yet.

Has anyone else looked into the Egyptian gods and worked out if any major players are missing amongst the System Lords?

I keep wondering why Amonet hasn't appeared in Stargate yet.
    Yes, actually she has. She is Sha'res symbiote. Omnipedia Link

As for the other egyption gods. Well there are so many ones and with so many names. They can't possibly cover all of them.
    Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Comment

Yes. Me.
      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Oops. I should do some more homework before I post. Sorry folks.

Comment

I reccomend watching Children of the Gods, in case you haven't already.

Comment

They have missed a few actually. There is the Egyptian god Hapy (yes Hapy) who is the god of the family, home peace, yadda yadda, looks kinda like a buddha.
            Isis we've heard of but never seen, her sister, Nephthys, Khons, the god of the moon, basically a version of Horus, Ptah, the one who spat out the earth, Atum, a version of Ra, Eye, the wife of Atum or something to that, Hprr, Horus of the Rising Sun, also known later as Apollo by the Greeks, Nut, you see her as the woman who bends over the earth, the people. The Sky, basically, and a bunch of others they haven't mentioned. Dionysos, Pan is like this guy, sex, drugs rock'n'roll, if you recall the Dionysos Cult. Shu, the god of Air, Ma'at, the daughter of Atum, Geb the goose, he represents the underworld and the stuff that grows on top of the earth, flowers, all that stuff, and a ton of others. *sigh* I miss the mythology.
            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

To my knowledge we've also never seen Amon or Thoth as well. They really need to start focusing more on Egyption mythology instead of this ancient storyline.

Comment

Thanks Freyrs and Osiris-RA. Besides my obvioius lack of knowledge (or memory) of all the System Lords I do believe there are still plenty left to find.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyrs
                  Yes, actually she has. She is Sha'res symbiote. Omnipedia Link

As for the other egyption gods. Well there are so many ones and with so many names. They can't possibly cover all of them.
                  Why the heck not Freyrs? We have the time to watch.....I'm willing to watch.....I even want to watch!!!!!! LOL

Sorry, I'm being silly tonight, wait, it's morning already.....where does the time go?
                  On fighting:
                  Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                  Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Hey, how could TPTB missed these two, for a really interesting episode:

They should have paired Geb, the Egyptian god of the Earth, with his sister/consort, Nut, the Goddess of the Sky. Could you imagine the jokes Jack would have made?????

Geb's emblem could have been either a Goose (Teal'C would have really loved that), as he was sometimes depicted as using a white fronted goose on his headress, or some form of vegetable.....anyone have any suggestions?

OK, before I go past silliness into something else, I better stop. Just a suggestion.....
                    On fighting:

Comment

Yeah... I think it would be cool if they went more with the system lords... there are so many they could do! I don't think I'd ever get tired of watching that!

I had the link and then lost it of the site with all the emblems for the system lords... does anybody still have that link? Does anybody know of any site that has ALL of the emblems?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayalaen
                        Yeah... I think it would be cool if they went more with the system lords... there are so many they could do! I don't think I'd ever get tired of watching that!

I had the link and then lost it of the site with all the emblems for the system lords... does anybody still have that link? Does anybody know of any site that has ALL of the emblems?
                        Don't know if this was the one you were referring to, but here is an addy for System Lord symbols:
                        http://www.chevron26.com/mythology/esymbol.html

Hope that helps!
                        On fighting:

Comment

*acting like a 38 year old baby*

I WANT MORE SYSTEM LORDS!!!!!!!

I WANT MORE STARGATE SG1!!!!!!!!

I'm am so in SG1 withdrawal.......I think I'd feel more at ease if RDA just came out and said that he's got enough plots to last him till Season 30.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                            Geb's emblem could have been either a Goose (Teal'C would have really loved that), as he was sometimes depicted as using a white fronted goose on his headress, or some form of vegetable.....anyone have any suggestions?
                            Carrot, Kree!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord You
                              Carrot, Kree!
                              I just knew someone would propose that veggie....glad it was YU.
                              On fighting:

Comment

Working...
                              X