Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe Ra was supposed to be a different alien and he ruled over the Goa'Uld, just as the Goa'Uld rule over most humans.
    Daniel: "A fool's heaven is a wise man's hell."
    O'Niell: "...Never run with scissors..."

APOPHIS SAYS: "Walk like an Egyptian!"

Comment

Nope, Ra was an ordinary Goauld System Lord like Apophis or Yu
      "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by Larry
        Or, a pretty crappy movie called Buffy the Vampire Slayer which became a really really great TV series called Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Or a pretty funny movie called Buffy the Vampire Slayer that became a bad TV show by trying to make it all real and un-funny. Then again I dont really know what I'm talking about because I could never make it through more than 10 minutes of the show. What I do know is that at least the movie was funny enough to keep my interest by showing how ridiculous a teenage, cheerleader/vampire slayer really is.

As for SG1 and Stargate the movie, dont try to make them fit together, they aren't supposed to. The movie was to be the first of 3 and the tech, plot, characters and basic tenets of gate travel had those other two movies in mind. The series simply took the most important and valuable parts of the movie and expnanded on them in its own fashion with little regard for the events of the movie. The Gate is all that really matters, but Daniel and Jack came along for the ride to give at least a small connection to the movie so people might actually tune into the new show.
        Last edited by zebrok; 29 May 2004, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by veneticuss
          Nope, Ra was an ordinary Goauld System Lord like Apophis or Yu
          I've been thinking that maybe Ra was inside the Asgard-looking host, and then some how squeezed inside of the human host too.

Just a thought.
          Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
          Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
          Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
          Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
          Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
          Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
          Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
            I've been thinking that maybe Ra was inside the Asgard-looking host, and then some how squeezed inside of the human host too.

Just a thought.
            Well, I have to confirm that it is only a thought. If he would be in an Asguard body he would gained all the knowledge of the host-the Asgard. And beside the asgard might have looked a bit different at that time (5.22-Revelations)

I'm sure it was an Unas

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Well, y'all can't really be sure of that cos Unas and Asgard were introduced in SG-1 instead of the movie weren't they? Maybe Ra's true form gave some inspiration to these species in the series?
              "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

The alien from the movie was a parasite thing, they never expanded on that.
                Then the series came and A LOT is different.

(btw. In the series, the exposed seven chevronss are used, not just the one at top)

Comment

I wonder what would things be like if the Tv show never happend and they made three other movies? Would RDA play Jack or Kurt Russel again? Would James Spader have come back or would it be Micheal Shanks? Biggest question is weither Sam and Teal'c would have existed?
                  The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

I wouldn't have thought Sam and Teal'c would be there, as they were invented for the series, if you read AT's interview about Atlantis, she explains that Jack and Daniel can be carried over because they were in the movie, whereas to include Sam and Teal'c they'd have to bankroll the actors. It's on GateWorld somewhere

Comment

I noticed also that the chevrons individually locked when I re-watched the DVD the other day.

Jack also mentions in an episode that there is another Colonel O'Neil but that he does not have a sense of humor. I thought that was amusing.

The other thing that I get a kick out of is the gates that are located on the planets. They make all the sounds that the gate is turning and locking but the actual 'mobile' gate does not actually do anything but light up.

My wife won't let me put one in the back yard.

Chas
                      Keeper of the Blue Crystal.

Comment

Originally posted by veneticuss
                        Oh thanks. I gonna look for it. Ehh... What DVD by the way?
                        The Ultimate Edition, its fairly easy to find as it wasnt released too long ago.
                        How I'd write out Jonas:

Jack: Danny, good to have you back.
                        *Jonas starts to walk toward event-horizon, teary-eyed*
                        *Daniel notices*
                        Daniel: Hey Jonas!
                        Jonas: Y..yes?
                        *Daniel hands him his glasses and a 'rock'*
                        Daniel: Here, if for any reason i cannot fully complete my duties as team archeoligist we'll dial you up and you can be the new 'Daniel'.
                        Jonas: (excitedly) Really? wow, has it ever happened before?
                        Daniel:Uh...no...
                        Jonas: Oh boy! I have a dream!

Comment

Originally posted by Revet
                          The Ultimate Edition, its fairly easy to find as it wasnt released too long ago.

Actually ain't it called the Directer's Cut?
                          sigpic
                          Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                            Actually ain't it called the Directer's Cut?
                            It's called Director's Cut here in England but Ultimate Edition in America. I think there are some differences to the content too.
                            "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Originally posted by omnian
                              It's called Director's Cut here in England but Ultimate Edition in America. I think there are some differences to the content too.
                              Well thats explains it. Any idea what it is in the czech republic? It's Venticuss thats wants it you see.
                              sigpic
                              Banner By JME2

Comment

Yeah. Right. No Idea. I even can't buy it here I think.

Anyway. Just to inform you: "The session seven will Exlusivly fire on channel NOVA this september."

So i have to admit that everything comes here a bit late or not at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X