This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rak'nor
    @bam: *ahem* yes, I occasionally indulge myself with a little something called WoW. Although that has not been my inspiration for the question - as I said, watching the staff battle gave me a clear view at how hard staff fighting really is - I mean, sure eye/hand coordination is really important for two swords, but think about it, you got two ends with the staff as well - and you are only truly good in a staff-fight if you can use both ends to your advantage, i.e. probably the same eye/hand coordination is neccessary. Well, I have no idea how much experience you have with staff fighting, but that were just my 2 cents (as an untrained but observant spectator )
    Thanx for your 2 cents. Go with what I told you in the first place from experience...............experience is usually the better way to go with things I find, unless, of course there is no experience to be found.

Comment

Originally posted by BackStageJim
      James,

Have you encountered an actor on the show, regular or guest that just couldn’t do the stunt job? No matter how long you did the prep work it just didn't go well. (no names please)

Jimbo
      -Sorry about having to rush you at night party.
      Haha.......no worries Jim.......the answer is..........yes. Of course no names. Some actors are just not cast properly for an action part so they need to be doubled for absolutely everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
        Hey there BamBam!

What do you factor in when deciding to use a specific martial art for a character (i.e. Teyla's escrima sticks)?
        Planet of origin, personality, director's notes, producer's notes, my personal take on the actor's abilities and what would suit that actor.....kind of a feel for the actor's own style.

Comment

Hey BamBam!

Thanks again for participating in the convention weekend - the stunt show was great!

I'm curious - what's the worst injury you've ever had (on the job) and how did it happen?

Thanks!
          OregonJen

Thanks for the VanCon sig, Nathan!

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM
            Nice to see you showing some photos of my buddy Sebastian from First Wave there CKO................uhhhh, let's see..........Avalon was all Ben on screen, Babylon was all Ben on screen, Camelot had a little bit of stunt doubling of Ben by myself, you can watch it to guess where!
            alright... my guess (and i might be wrong though.. but feel free to correct me if i am.) is the mud and possibly some of the sword work in Camelot
            sigpic

Comment

Hi Bam Bam!

Will we see a Carter verses Vala hand to hand combat fight scene in the future? (Because that would be so awesome, especially if Sam won!)

Thanks a bunch!

Comment

Mr. Bam Bam.

I was wondering, did you also work on the film "Crash and Byrnes"? I saw a name in the credits and I thought it might be you.

thanks!

Great Sig by Bella

Comment

Originally posted by OregonJen
                  Hey BamBam!

Thanks again for participating in the convention weekend - the stunt show was great!

I'm curious - what's the worst injury you've ever had (on the job) and how did it happen?

Thanks!
                  Well...........I've got a pretty bad hip thing goin on at the moment, but........I think the worst happened on a small film called "Bounty Hunters" and it occured when a breakaway skylight didn't break so well as I was falling through it..........my lat muscle was torn amoung other things......they thought my lung was punctered.......I tore some ligaments in a motocross(only riding for fun) accident once......very painful.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
                    Hi Bam Bam!

Will we see a Carter verses Vala hand to hand combat fight scene in the future? (Because that would be so awesome, especially if Sam won!)

Thanks a bunch!
                    No plans that I know of..........but you never know!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fantastic
                      Mr. Bam Bam.

I was wondering, did you also work on the film "Crash and Byrnes"? I saw a name in the credits and I thought it might be you.

thanks!
                      Yes........I was Wolf Larson's stunt double on that film.

Comment

Okay, here goes another...

who was the biggest (film)star that you have met face-to-face, as in co-worker? Besides the magnificient Stargate-crew, of course.
                        Free Jaffa

Comment

Planet of origin, personality, director's notes, producer's notes, my personal take on the actor's abilities and what would suit that actor.....kind of a feel for the actor's own style.
                          Sounds like a fun process. Are there any techniques you're itching to incorporate into the show or a certain character?
                          And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                          Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                          Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                          Daniel: Oh! You see?
                          Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Rak'nor
                            Okay, here goes another...

who was the biggest (film)star that you have met face-to-face, as in co-worker? Besides the magnificient Stargate-crew, of course.
                            There are different degrees of big so I can't answer that so as not to insult anyone....................

Comment

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
                              Sounds like a fun process. Are there any techniques you're itching to incorporate into the show or a certain character?
                              Yes..........take a look at Sateda..........there are a couple of fun tricks that I have been waiting to throw in that you will see!!

Comment

Yes..........take a look at Sateda..........there are a couple of fun tricks that I have been waiting to throw in that you will see!!
                                Yay can't wait to see that episode !!! Everyone's really obsessed with it....

EDIT: Just cos I feel like I should write a question...what's the most fun (besides Stargate) you've had working on something!?
                                Last edited by Angel of Fire SG1; 06 April 2006, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X