This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi again James,
    Has there ever been anything that you've always wanted to use but could never find a situation to use it in?
    Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole.- The Wise Words of Dean Winchester

Comment

hi bam,

I was just rewatching some old genii - episode and saw the staff fights again. What is more difficult to learn - staff (two-bladed weapon) fighting or dual wielding (two weapons)?
      Free Jaffa

Comment

Originally posted by telpethoniel
        Ok, so I had to ask this
        Who's the coolest person you've worked with? (When you've had that starstruck feelin)
        You've worked with soooooo many incredible people! I totally envy you, It's my lifelong dream to get into the industry your working in not as a stunt person but as a director (I'd be totally satisfied with working in the theatre in Sydney, I have relatives and friends there and my Uncle is on tv every few weeks for an hour or so & I have a good friend who is a constume designer at fox studios in Sydney my cousin also just resigned as a tv director not too long ago), it's a great oportunity to be able to ask all these questions (tell me to shut up if I'm asking too many questions )
        The coolest person............hmmmmm...............dunno..........that is all relative..........I did almost stop at one point in the middle of a fight scene with Sly Stallone, and say "wow, Rocky is about to punch me", but the stunt coordinator had already warned me that it might happen and I was prepared. I very much enjoyed the sword fight I had on Blade 3 against Blade. Vin Diesel was nothing but a gentleman to work with on Riddick........hmmm.........of course the cast of Atlantis kicks everybody's butt's!!! Need I say more?

Comment

Originally posted by boopsy01
          So Bam Bam,

In light of the date tomorrow I was just wondering what is the best (or worst) April Fools joke that you have played on someone (or that someone has played on you?)

For some strange reason, nobody seems to be able to get an April Fool's prank over on me, its some kind of spider sense I have for pranks. Sometimes they are just afraid, I guess?

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM
            of course the cast of Atlantis kicks everybody's butt's!!! Need I say more?

Just a little biased, aren't you?

Of course, I completely understand.
            After all, YOU are the BEST stunt coordinator I know of... at least, right now.

Comment

i'm not sure if this has been asked or not already... *giggle* knowin' my luck it probably has been.

how often do the actual actors perform their own stunts? (if at all.. i'm sure some of them may)
              sigpic

Comment

Oh, yeah... forgot to ask...
                What kind of stuff did you do on older shows like X-Files?

Comment

Originally posted by NEOGATEISM
                  Hi again James,
                  Has there ever been anything that you've always wanted to use but could never find a situation to use it in?
                  Pertaining to what? A fight scene, a stunt scene, the real world? Come on Joe, gimme somethin to go on here sister!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rak'nor
                    hi bam,

I was just rewatching some old genii - episode and saw the staff fights again. What is more difficult to learn - staff (two-bladed weapon) fighting or dual wielding (two weapons)?
                    I find that most people have a harder time with "dual wielding" simply because of the hand/eye coordination involved. You must play WOW or Everquest hey? Don't worry, so did I!!

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor

Just a little biased, aren't you?

Of course, I completely understand.
                      After all, YOU are the BEST stunt coordinator I know of... at least, right now.
                      Thank you very much!!

Comment

Originally posted by CKO
                        i'm not sure if this has been asked or not already... *giggle* knowin' my luck it probably has been.

how often do the actual actors perform their own stunts? (if at all.. i'm sure some of them may)
                        That depends on the risk factor involved in the gag/stunt. Most of the fight stuff is all actor on our show here, but whenever you see one of them get creamed into, maybe, a telephone pole or something.........that would be a double.

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor
                          Oh, yeah... forgot to ask...
                          What kind of stuff did you do on older shows like X-Files?
                          Standard utility stunt stuff, like jumping off high things, being hit by cars, being lit on fire...........you know, the usual stuff......some fights.....etc.....

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM
                            The coolest person............hmmmmm...............dunno..........that is all relative..........I did almost stop at one point in the middle of a fight scene with Sly Stallone, and say "wow, Rocky is about to punch me", but the stunt coordinator had already warned me that it might happen and I was prepared. I very much enjoyed the sword fight I had on Blade 3 against Blade. Vin Diesel was nothing but a gentleman to work with on Riddick........hmmm.........of course the cast of Atlantis kicks everybody's butt's!!! Need I say more?
                            I am sure this question has been asked before so I understand if someone other than Bam Bam jumps in and answers this but, what all (moves/tv shows etc) have you worked on? Maybe that's a loaded and lengthy question but I am new to Bam Bam worship so indulge me please.

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
                            Photobucket

Comment

so like in some of the sword fights on SG1 (in Avalon or Camelot, and the wading in the mud).. that Mitchell is doing... is that all Ben's work... or a stunt double? ( hopefully that's worded a better)
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by erinanderson
                                I am sure this question has been asked before so I understand if someone other than Bam Bam jumps in and answers this but, what all (moves/tv shows etc) have you worked on? Maybe that's a loaded and lengthy question but I am new to Bam Bam worship so indulge me please.
                                Check this out, Erin!!!

StuntCanada

Comment

Working...
                                X