X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2BAM View Post
    Again.....more than I can answer...

1. Too many to mention the best/favorite here....I have quite a few...it's been a whole bunch of years of shooting this show.....hundreds of episodes......so much on film....what's your favorite?

2. I have never been an extra on the show. That's not my job. I have been an actor, and a stuntman though. I started out as an actor, in the theatre when I was a teenager.....I thought about acting in film, but the urge to be a stuntman took over, and seemed more real to me. Here we are now.

Sorry for asking so many questions, I promise not to do it again & thankyou for answering them.

You have asked what my favourite stunt is.....well!....ive been thinking real hard and you know I don't have an answer cus....yeah! there are too many.

Ive started looking at the scenes where there are stunts in that normally you wouldn't class as a stunt when watching....cus there's no fighting or haven't got an explosion etc in....for example: where Andee has to hold her breath under water in a tank, when watching you take it for granted and don't realise the thought and planning you guys must put into them scenes.

So a big THANKYOU to all you stunt guys/girls for all the hard work you do

Actually, I must admit I like the fighting scenes.... I like seeing baddies get beat up....best......Oh & luv car chasing stunts too. Don't like stunts which involve animals in....cus I always worry there going get hurt.

H

Comment

#SGU Malice why don't they have SGU emoticons??

Spoiler:
      WOW BamBam - Wray sure did blow some **** up in New Mexico. Do you have any idea how much explosive was used?

Stunt - Rush/Park explosion
      Was this done twice, once in New Mexico w/ stunt doubles for a wide shot and once on a green screen with the actors reacting? How do you figure out a safe distance to put the stunt doubles? Do they have flame retardant clothes or anything just in case something unpredictable happened?

Alien buffaloes stampede
      The alien buffaloes stampede wasn't my favourite bit of the episode. It's really, really hard to do I imagine, piecing all of the background, actor and digital buffaloes together to make it look real. But it got me thinking about setting up stunts with animals involved. While the animals are trained, do stuntpeople have to be prepared for anything and just try to make it work as close to what you have planned? It made me think of the stampedes in the westerns when I was a kid.

I just watched the replay and that buffalo stampede was cooler the 2nd time 'round - weird! Plus I now understand that Rush wasn't really trying to shoot Simeon he was just positioning him.

Cheers, webgurl

sorry, I didn't realise the S word was banned
      Last edited by imwebgurl; 19 November 2010, 11:41 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Malice again

Spoiler:

Simeon/Rush shootout
        I don't know much about guns but would the bullets from Rush's gun even have reached Simeon? He seemed very out matched so I thought it was clever of him to start the stampede.

Edit: Yeah I now get this scene after the 2nd showing of the episode.

James explosion
        That looked sooooo cool...Was that a real explosion that y'all did in New Mexico or stock footage? James' reaction and dive was awesome, especially the scream. How many takes for that? Was Julia just diving on a mat? I thought she should have been more injured though 'cos she took the brunt of that explosion.

Rush shooting Simeon
        That was mega awesome. I loved that very much. So did Robert shoot a blank into the ground? What distance is safe to shoot blanks?

I really loved Malice. New Mexico is so beautiful and I also loved the drama going on Destiny. Particularly loved Eli and Volker in this episode. David and Patrick's performances were brilliant, very real...particularly Patrick. I really felt for Volker...sorry I'm doing that thing again aren't I?

Cheers, webgurl

p.s.
        Spoiler:
        Simeon took so much explosive devices, guns & ammo with him he probably could have gotten away with a sword.

Last edited by imwebgurl; 19 November 2010, 11:42 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by imwebgurl View Post
          #SGU Malice why don't they have SGU emoticons??
          This is not a question that Bambam can answer as this thread is about his work.

You might want to ask on this thread.
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...Thread/page209
          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
            This is not a question that Bambam can answer as this thread is about his work.

You might want to ask on this thread.
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...Thread/page209
            Sorry, was just thinking out loud...I do that sometimes..wasn't actually asking BamBam...but I will add the suggestion to that area 'cos it seems like after 2 years there should be #SGU emoticons

Cheers, webgurl
            sigpic

Comment

Don't know exactly where to post this but I need to ask.Did SGC ever visit the other planets in our solar system?I know they visired thousands in our galaxy but can someone tell me if there were any episodes that mentioned visits to Mars or any others?

Comment

Originally posted by caribsci View Post
                Don't know exactly where to post this but I need to ask.Did SGC ever visit the other planets in our solar system?I know they visired thousands in our galaxy but can someone tell me if there were any episodes that mentioned visits to Mars or any others?
                Not a question BamBam can answer as it isn't related to his work ...but if you begin a new thread in this section ,I'm sure you'll get responses.
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

What do you prefer doing choreographing the stunts or doing them ?
                  Last edited by JosephGracey; 20 November 2010, 01:56 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hello James...I loved Visitation very much...cried buckets

There weren't too many stunts in this episode but did you have to oversee the woodchopping scene with Tobias?? (btw, love Tobias...he rocks...he sooo looked like Joe Montana in that scene) ...if so how many takes and did they really chop a tree down or was the tree falling VFX?

Cheers, webgurl
                    sigpic

Comment

Hi all.....I won't be around here for awhile....we start shooting "In the Name of the King 2" early tomorrow....I just won't have a spare moment. I may quickly pop into twitter from time to time, as it is fast on my phone. See you on the other side!!

JB

Comment

London Film and Comic Con - Earls Court 8-10th of July

Hollywood Stunt Show AWESOMENESS

Have to say Im a little bit excited about this!
                        Last edited by teknikal; 16 March 2011, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Wow!!! Haven't been around here for awhile......just thought I would pop by and check in....if we do ever do a SGU or other SG film, I promise to be back in for question time....until then....see you soon!!! London Film Comic Con!!! See you there!!!

Comment

Hey BamBam how are you , i never got to say sorry about SGU it was a great show ,

hey Hangover II is coming out this summer looks really cool
                            sigpic
                            May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                              Hey BamBam how are you , i never got to say sorry about SGU it was a great show ,

hey Hangover II is coming out this summer looks really cool
                              It is what it is......and Hangover II looks like a ton of fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM View Post
                                It is what it is......and Hangover II looks like a ton of fun!!
                                BAMBAM. Oh how I've missed you. :'(
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X