X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by imwebgurl View Post
    One last thing for tonight:

Who chooses the camera angles in stunt scenes? Is that the director or do you work together in preparation?

I'm really looking forward to Malice - the teaser was WOW!!

Cheers, webgurl
    The director, Will Waring, the writer/producer, Carl Binder, and I discuss the camera angles in advance to the day of shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
      And you guys really could be proud of that sequence, that looked really amazingly real.
      Quite a bit of it was real......they boys got very excited that day..........

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM View Post
        Both the fight sequence, and the "Space Flight/Walk" took a day of rehearsal each...the fight took 4 hours, and the flying/wirework in the spacesuits took 6-8 hours. The fight was put together mentally, for me, quite early. From the first mention of the script, and several conversations with Carl Binder, Robert Carlyle, and Louis.....it was quite evident what I needed to accomplish. The stuntmen, and the actors involved were exhausted at the end of that day, for sure!!! The wirework was very complicated and involved the stunt department, the Special Effects Department, and the Visual Effects Department.....the talent to make those scenes all come together was amazing. I am very proud of the sequence, and all those who took part in it.
        Well it payed off.. those scenes looked like they were from a feature film!

Just curious how in the world did you do that scene where Young is beating that guys head into the floor. It looked so real... And how did that guy not get hurt when Young picked him up and slammed him into the ground... there was no way to hide a crash mat for that shot. Your darn good at your job BamBam..... the whole scene looked disturbingly real.

Also do you have any ideas for the SGU awareness campaign besides watching live, spreading the word, getting SGU to trend on twitter, buying SGU episodes on dvd or legal digital platforms, and getting friends to watch live?

Thanks so much,
        Major D.
        sigpic

Comment

Hi BamBam!

Haven't been on much lately (long story). But anyway I just had to drop in and say how FREAKEN AWESOME Friday's episode was!!!! That was seriously the BEST episode of the season IMHO.

If SGU does not get a 3rd season after that brilliant episode, I will be completely shocked and probably cry! Seeing that episode MADE me want MORE, MORE, MORE!!!

Please give a huge kudos to everyone who had anything to do with the episode including yourself. I don't think that any other program can even come close to the quality, attention to detail & awesomeness that SGU has. And I truely mean that.

(Spoiler tags b/c of UK)
          Spoiler:
          And that fight scene between Young and Rush was soooo awsesome!!!
          My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
          "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
            And you guys really could be proud of that sequence, that looked really amazingly real.
            Thank you!!

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
              Well it payed off.. those scenes looked like they were from a feature film!

Just curious how in the world did you do that scene where Young is beating that guys head into the floor. It looked so real... And how did that guy not get hurt when Young picked him up and slammed him into the ground... there was no way to hide a crash mat for that shot. Your darn good at your job BamBam..... the whole scene looked disturbingly real.

Also do you have any ideas for the SGU awareness campaign besides watching live, spreading the word, getting SGU to trend on twitter, buying SGU episodes on dvd or legal digital platforms, and getting friends to watch live?

Thanks so much,
              Major D.
              Thanx again!!! Just keep doing what you all are doing....you are doing a fantastic job!! Don't get distracted by attempting too many different avenues with this promo thing.....concentrate on what you have been doing.....keep it up....it's working for sure. People who love Stargate are starting to know that it's now on Tuesdays......and Fridays in Canada......People are watching....and having a very positive outlook. The show speaks for itself, and is a quality event. The fans who don't watch it out of spite are purely missing out on something fantastic......quite frankly, I'm certain that they watch it anyway, and just say that they don't!!! LOL!!! That must be horrible to be that sad.....Oh well. Back to the positive side of things....SGU is doing great, and no matter what happens in the future, you and the people who made it know what a wonderful experience it has been for everyone involved!!! Thank you for you continued support, and kind words.

Comment

Originally posted by SG7 View Post
                Hi BamBam!

Haven't been on much lately (long story). But anyway I just had to drop in and say how FREAKEN AWESOME Friday's episode was!!!! That was seriously the BEST episode of the season IMHO.

If SGU does not get a 3rd season after that brilliant episode, I will be completely shocked and probably cry! Seeing that episode MADE me want MORE, MORE, MORE!!!

Please give a huge kudos to everyone who had anything to do with the episode including yourself. I don't think that any other program can even come close to the quality, attention to detail & awesomeness that SGU has. And I truely mean that.

(Spoiler tags b/c of UK)
                Spoiler:
                And that fight scene between Young and Rush was soooo awsesome!!!
                Well.....that was a ton of awesome, wasn't it??!?!?!!? You are on Twitter everyday......I'm assuming that you don't have time for both.....I will be spending more time here instead of Twitter now.....Twitter gets boring....not to say I won't be there at all....but Gateworld is where all things Stargate should be.....P.S......if you thought "Greater Good" was great.....just wait until you see "MALICE".....P.S.S......I don't know how our episodes can just keep getting better......but they do. Enjoy.

Comment

The stunt doubles are the same general height/weight as the actors they are doubling. The fight played out as long as it needed to based on the environment, and the characters involved. Young's motivation was definately to do some damage to Rush, while Rush just wanted it all to end, and escape, so he could get back to the business at hand...ie...fighting is a waste of time in his eyes.
                  Don't you think Young could have inflicted way more damage to Rush? I think he held back 'cos in the end they all need Rush.

Cheers, webgurl
                  sigpic

Comment

Why would you choose a punch?
                    Punching would be quicker and inflict more physical damage to his face wouldn't it? Plus if you're taller than your opponent you should take advantage of the extra reach. When you're shorter it's better to fight closer in isn't it? See I've been doing research. Impressed?

Cheers, webgurl
                    sigpic

Comment

I will be spending more time here instead of Twitter now.....Twitter gets boring....
                      How can you get bored when I'm on Twitter??!!??

Cheers, webgurl
                      sigpic

Comment

Well.....that was a ton of awesome, wasn't it??!?!?!!? You are on Twitter everyday......I'm assuming that you don't have time for both.....I will be spending more time here instead of Twitter now.....Twitter gets boring....not to say I won't be there at all....but Gateworld is where all things Stargate should be.....P.S......if you thought "Greater Good" was great.....just wait until you see "MALICE".....P.S.S......I don't know how our episodes can just keep getting better......but they do. Enjoy.
                        Actually I have been more on there rather than here for two reasons. One I would be too tempted to go into the SGU threads and get spoiled. I did it a couple of times at the beginning of the season and regretted it. Were SPACE airing them on Tuesdays along with SyFy, then I would probably be in here a lot more and wouldn't have any issues. I'm also on twitter more as I can't get GW to come up on my mobile. I have also made quite a few friends on twitter who don't watch SGU and it is a way for me to promote SGU to them! Though I can see your point of twitter being somewhat boring. For me, alot of it is simply I can log on to twitter on my mobile where I can't seem to get on here with it.

Yes that was definately an amazing episode! The depth and complexity of the storyline(s) and characters is outstanding. After that episode, I can see why RC won a Gemini on Saturday! Congrats to him BTW!!!

I got to see a screening of the episode in Toronto Friday morning courtesy of SPACEchannel, and during that fight scene I could tell how impressed everyone was with it. It looked sooooo real! HUGE props to you for co-ordinating that one. And also to RC, LF & stunt doubles for their work on that one. That right there was the pinnacle of total awesomeness.

I am now wishing it was Friday nite every nite!!!

P.S. I will try to at least get into your thread a little more. And am I correct in understanding that I will have to get myself a blueray player? As the special features are ONLY going to be on the blueray version of the DVD's???
                        Last edited by SG7; 15 November 2010, 07:47 AM.
                        My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                        "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Thanx again!!! Just keep doing what you all are doing....you are doing a fantastic job!! Don't get distracted by attempting too many different avenues with this promo thing.....concentrate on what you have been doing.....keep it up....it's working for sure. People who love Stargate are starting to know that it's now on Tuesdays......and Fridays in Canada......People are watching....and having a very positive outlook. The show speaks for itself, and is a quality event. The fans who don't watch it out of spite are purely missing out on something fantastic......quite frankly, I'm certain that they watch it anyway, and just say that they don't!!! LOL!!! That must be horrible to be that sad.....Oh well. Back to the positive side of things....SGU is doing great, and no matter what happens in the future, you and the people who made it know what a wonderful experience it has been for everyone involved!!! Thank you for you continued support, and kind words.
                          Thank you BamBam. Being the leader of a campaign for my favorite show is a great honor in itself.. but having the support of the cast and crew, I hope you guys are having as much fun working on the show as I am campaigning for it! Thank you again for all your support. Its you guys that keep me going.

I do feel kinda bad that I cannot dedicate more time to the campaign. Right now I have all As in school to upkeep, 2+ hours of wrestling(I felt like I was at practice when watching the Greater Good lol), homework, boy scouts (working for eagle) and then what little time left I devote to stargate lol. If I had it my way id quit school to work on the SGU awareness and Stargate Movies Campaign as my occupation.

Anyways... keep up all A-Freaking-Mazing work you do at the Bridge Studios (and your right.. the eps do just get better and better)... and thank YOU for your support!
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh and bambam tanith made a great site for the campaign.. check it out!

Also.. tomorrow at 10-11 EST we'll head over to the chatroom to discuss malice.. would love it if you'd stop by!

http://www.sguawareness.com/index.html
                            sigpic

Comment

I too have to say that this has been probably the show (of the three in the franchise) that I have had emotional ties to. As it has been the only one that I have actually watched from day 1 original air date. I watched all 10 seasons of SG1 on DVD at least twice. And all five seasons of Atlantis on DVD at least twice. But never have I been so invested in a show. And gone from being on the fence about the show in the beginning to now where I could not even imagine a Friday nite during regular season where SGU wasn't on.

It is all of you who work on the show BamBam. Cast, crew and even those like the cleaning crews. NONE OF IT would be possible and as outstanding as it is without the dedication and hard work you's all put into the show making it what it is. It is I who want to thank all of you for producing the most outstanding show in the Universe. Period!

And after getting to meet with most of the cast on Friday in Toronto, that just reaffirmed why I love the show soooo much. The heart & love that they showed for us as fans and also for the show was 1st class.

Comment

Hi

Can I ask please....Is there a particular stunt you would luv to do/coordinate that you haven't already done?

H

Comment

Working...
                                X