This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
    2Bam, thanks for taking time and answer fan questions, I love SGU and it´s darker tone is a great edition to the other two shows!
    Question for you. SGU have some amazing stunts in S2, how do you do the thing in the episode "Trial and Error"
    Spoiler:
    where Scott gets sucked out in Space?

Also I love the "down and dirty" fighting style you guys have developed for SGU, especially the "head butting" between Rush and Young (also the fight in Air part one with Greer and Rush comes to mind). Any more of that soon?
    Thank you for watching the show, and for your compliments. I enjoy providing a different style of fighting on this show....real is what we are going for....I see we have done what was asked of us.

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
      2Bam, thanks for taking time and answer fan questions, I love SGU and it´s darker tone is a great edition to the other two shows!
      Question for you. SGU have some amazing stunts in S2, how do you do the thing in the episode "Trial and Error"
      Spoiler:
      where Scott gets sucked out in Space?

Also I love the "down and dirty" fighting style you guys have developed for SGU, especially the "head butting" between Rush and Young (also the fight in Air part one with Greer and Rush comes to mind). Any more of that soon?
      And.....yes.....there's more for sure!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
        *huge grin* Yes, this exactly

I've been loving the realistic looking stunts in this show, so well done! Some of it flat out makes me cringe (I'll never forget my shock at seeing Young come flying through the puddle the first time around!) I also like that you've kept the aftereffects (save Cloverdale, for obvious reasons) real as well. People don't just get up and walk around afterwards. The same goes for the fight scenes, they're very realistic. Aside from martial arts training, i worked as a bartender for years, so yeah, I've seen a lot of real fights and it's something that's really hard to catch on TV, maybe because it isn't pretty or fair. Anyway, I love that SGU shows this sort of thing, it's refreshing
        Thank you so much......all correct. But....I get hit by cars, and get up walking all the time....what's not real about that?

Comment

Originally posted by teknikal View Post
          Wait,Wait!...You're the STUNT CO-ORDINATOR?

You were right that impact was pretty class! Did it get done in one take?
          One very painful MF'ing take.

Comment

Originally posted by imwebgurl View Post
            Oh I'm looking forward to Ivon's special feature...and you know it ...sounds like that stunt was a one-take kinda deal, or did you have multiple cars?

I didn't know you had back-up co-ordinators but that makes sense 'cos its hard to see the big picture when you're concentrating on what you have to do.

I guess he had some bruises...please tell him he was super awesome getting hit by a car to entertain us, next time you see him.

Cheers, webgurl
            There wasn't a backup coordinator that day.....I didn't get in front of the camera.

Comment

Yay!! I'm finally an airman...hmmmm....sorry

BamBam

I watched Trial and Error last night, it was pretty good, loved Young's struggle and there were some really A-MAZING scenes.

Spoiler:
              First up the Scott ratchet. Am I right, you ratcheted Brian with a green screen background? How fast did he go? Was the glass digital? That was fantastically cool. Was his body positioning natural or did you set it up?

Cheers, webgurl
              I just answered that for someone else.......

Comment

Yay!! I'm finally an airman...hmmmm....sorry

BamBam

I watched Trial and Error last night, it was pretty good, loved Young's struggle and there were some really A-MAZING scenes.

Spoiler:
                First up the Scott ratchet. Am I right, you ratcheted Brian with a green screen background? How fast did he go? Was the glass digital? That was fantastically cool. Was his body positioning natural or did you set it up?

Cheers, webgurl
                And what do you mean, "pretty good"? It was freakin' AWESOME and you know it!!!

Comment

OK the second WOW stunt:

Spoiler:
                  The Scott punch in the corridor - I think that was Scott and Young in the scene, yeah? If I'm right this question might make sense - How do you help the actors time a scene like that 'cos he ran up to Young to deliver the punch. That has to be more difficult than just stand and delivering, easy to wind up actually hitting him.

Bravo to all involved in those two particular stunts. I enjoyed them very much.

Cheers, webgurl
                  We walk through it...step by step....slowly work up the speed for the distance involved....until he actually runs and we can still keep our pre-determined safe distance.

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                    Hey BamBam.. check out what I just created for the SGU awareness campaign.. granted.. the blogs templates were limited.. and im gonna fix it tomorrow.. I just wanted to get the info out and the blogspot up and running... Anyways.. Id love it if you could help out Operation trend.. and the SGU campaign in general!

http://stargateuniverseawarenesscampaign.blogspot.com/
                    Nice work, as always!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                      Hey BamBam.. check out what I just created for the SGU awareness campaign.. granted.. the blogs templates were limited.. and im gonna fix it tomorrow.. I just wanted to get the info out and the blogspot up and running... Anyways.. Id love it if you could help out Operation trend.. and the SGU campaign in general!

http://stargateuniverseawarenesscampaign.blogspot.com/
                      I posted the link via Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM View Post
                        We walk through it...step by step....slowly work up the speed for the distance involved....until he actually runs and we can still keep our pre-determined safe distance.
                        Aw the Walking through it Step by Step (with Sound effects) brings back memories!!

Comment

Hi James

Here are the questions you told me ask here on Gateworld

1. How long does it roughly take you to put a stunt together?

2. How do you start planning a stunt?

3. Bet some of the fight scenes with alot of action & people in get complicated, How on earth do you Coordinate & Choreogragh them all?

H

Comment

Hi James

Just thought of more questions for you, sorry!

1. What are the best & worst stunts you've done while you've been working on Stargate?

2. You've been an extra on a few episodes of the programme, would you actually like to be an actor? & if so what role would you love to play?

H

Comment

Thank you so much......all correct. But....I get hit by cars, and get up walking all the time....what's not real about that?
                              parking lots must terrify you
                              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I posted the link via Twitter.
                                Thanks BamBam! The stunt in "Trial and Error"
                                Spoiler:
                                must have been uncomfortable for Brian to get pulled up 55 feet in the air? Apropos, after reading your answer I looking even more forward to see "The Greater Good"!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X