This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Will anyone be thrown off of the balconies next season?

Also what other very cool stunts will we see?

Comment

Welcome 2BAM!!!

So, what's the silliest (in your opinion) stunt you've had to coordinate and/or perform?
      No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SueS
        Since you are the fight coordinator for Stargate SG-1, can you tell us a little bit about some of the fight scenes you've coordinated for season 9?

SueS
        There have only been 2 so far out of the 8 that have been shot. That is, only 2 episodes that have required me to choreograph for. The episode titles are Avalon pt. 2 and Babylon. I only get involved in the major fight sequences on SG1, not just the 1 or 2 punchers. If I told you what/who was involved then I would be giving away too much of the story. Just know this; you will see some new weapons show up that you have not seen before. You will see some old favorite stand-by people, with a new twist. You will love Season 2!!

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
          Hey, welcome to the forum!

Will anyone be thrown off of the balconies next season?

Also what other very cool stunts will we see?
          You will see some folks get some air time............................I can't tell you where or how, but you will see air. Look forward to some great fights, explosions, flying people,.......................................everything you can think of!

Comment

Originally posted by DJFavorite
            Welcome 2BAM!!!

So, what's the silliest (in your opinion) stunt you've had to coordinate and/or perform?
            Well.............................it was not on this series, but on a feature film. I was required to place my hand in a cow's backside, and then the cow and all of her friends, start to stampede down the street. This, of course, occurs in the middle of a real life small town. Yes, yes,..................................for the greater good.

Comment

BamBam, are you presently working with Joe Flanigan on any stunts? What can you tell us?

Comment

Originally posted by David
                BamBam, are you presently working with Joe Flanigan on any stunts? What can you tell us?
                Well....................David....................you little rascal. How are ya? We are in the middle of shooting an episode that is full of Sheppard stunts. He pretty much has every scripted stunt in the show..........................that is all I can say for now. LOL!
                Last edited by 2BAM; 20 May 2005, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Although this may be a little out of your area of expertise, will we be seeing any more large-scale gun battles like we got in Heroes? Will we be getting of that in Atlantis?
                  sigpic
                  http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes
                    Although this may be a little out of your area of expertise, will we be seeing any more large-scale gun battles like we got in Heroes? Will we be getting of that in Atlantis?
                    Not at all. The stunt coordinator is involved in all areas of combat, and action period. The answer is yes, at some point there will be a gun battle in Atlantis. To what extent, I cannot say at this early time in the shooting season.

Comment

Hi Mr B
                      Thank you for answering our questions...
                      One of my favourite fight scenes is when Ford takes on a Genii in The Brotherhood somewhere towards the end of the episode... It was too cool. Was that effect hard to achieve? Rainbow looked like a seasoned campaigner...
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM
                        There have only been 2 so far out of the 8 that have been shot. That is, only 2 episodes that have required me to choreograph for. The episode titles are Avalon pt. 2 and Babylon. I only get involved in the major fight sequences on SG1, not just the 1 or 2 punchers. If I told you what/who was involved then I would be giving away too much of the story. Just know this; you will see some new weapons show up that you have not seen before. You will see some old favorite stand-by people, with a new twist. You will love Season 2!!

Thanks for answering. By stand-by people do you mean recurring characters?

Also, you said "you will love Season 2!!" did you mean Season 9 since I was asking about Stargate SG-1?

BTW, I fully expect to enjoy both SG-1 and Atlantis.

SueS

Comment

In the Stargate Atlantis episode "The Siege", McKay 'drops' when the artificial gravity is turned on in the satellite array station. How did you guys convince David Hewlett to do that stunt? Or did he want to?

Thanks!

Comment

BamBam, We've heard that Ben Browder has a big sword fight in the opening two-parter of SG-1. Did you choreograph that fight? What is the process that something like that goes through, i.e., how much rehearsal does it take and how long does it take to film? How do you keep the actors safe?

Comment

BamBam,

Thanks so much for answering our questions, and keep up the great work! I love seeing martial arts on my favourite sci-fi shows.

My question is, will we be seeing more of Teyla and Sheppard practicing fighting? (or rather, Teyla kicking Shep's butt... ) Although in Hot Zone he said he'd much rather be using a gun, it would be great to see him develop more appreciation of her fighting techniques and put some into use (perhaps if he finds himself without a gun or out of ammo).
                              Thanks!

Comment

You've done a great job so far!

In your opinion, in both Stargate SG1 and Atlantis, what has been the hardest scene to choreograph?

Comment

Working...
                                X