This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I've got a question,
    Do you know if we will see more Athosian men (fighting?) in the next season (3)?
    If you don't know then would you like to see more Ethosian men in season 3?
    It was nice to see Teyla fighting with someone who actually knew how to fight and who was an even match for her. It just showed how good she really is.
    "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
    "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
    Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
      Wow! You guys are awesome! Just curious, but what made you want to do this sort of thing as a living? What attracted you to it?
      Everything about is attractive.......except, of course, the pain....that's only temporary though!!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
        That scene toward the end of "Lost Boys" with Ford and Dex back-to-back was badass! Did you come up with that? Everyone is raving about Rachel and Jason (as they should) but I just wanted to say that I think Rainbow did an awesome job as well. No doubt due to a superb stunt coordinator.
        Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn
          Hi!
          I'm sorry if this has already been asked.
          When you're asked to create a given combat sequence, do you prefer go for realism or coolness?
          I could cite Star Wars as an example here, as - in my humble opinion - it really got horrible in the prequels.
          That depends completely on my meetings with the director, and the vision he has........

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead
            Hi BamBam,

I just want to know what style is Ronon's knife fighting based on? Where is a good place to find out about this stlye?

Thanks,
            A little bit of this, a little bit of that.........some Kali, some Karate, some more Kali, some Film Fu, and a touch of Jason's own special magic..........

Comment

Originally posted by Equinox
              I just want to know how they swirl that stick around! (joe and Racahel) when there practesing lol me and my sister were trying with the broom stick and I hit myself in the head... I think i need a stuntman while sweeping the house

www.freewebs.com/kirstin-sgc

My Sydney, Australia FSF 5 Nov 'O5 con Report
              Be careful young Grasshopper..........it takes alot of training and rehearsal time to get the actors up to speed for a sequence like that.........it just dosn't happen out of thin air......don't hurt yourself.......if you want to learn a martial art, get yourself into a good school in your area, please!! Take care.

Comment

Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen
                Hi BamBam, thanks so much for spending your time with us.

I dont really have a question, but I wanted to thank you for bringing Arnis into Atlantis. I did Martial arts for a few years, but I always wanted to learn the type/s that you have Teyla using. It had gotten me a lot more interested and now I'm researching the best spot to go to learn it in Sydney.

I guess I'd also like to ask: how long have you done martial arts for?
                I would have to say approx. 26 years........give or take one year........

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
                  BamBam....
                  I had the priviledge of meeting Rachel Luttrell in the United FanCon this November.....she seems absolutely wonderful! ..I had never been to one and let me tell you, it was an interesting experience...don't think I will do that again...I felt like the fish out of water..but anyways, my point..

Rachel spoke about the training......you have done such a great job with her character and the style that she is slowly developing...now I can't remember where but I believe you mentioned that since Teyla and Ronon will be fighting a lot together, they are sort of developing similar styles...please forgive me if I got this wrong...

but for season 3 (I imagine that you are also coming back, you must!) what plans do you have as far as the sparring and the fighting scenes between Teyla and Ronon...and are we to see more of the Teyla and John sparring scenes? And for that matter, will John ever get better at sparring?

Finally, I must add...thanks for a great 1st half season 2 of Atlantis...some great scenes there....my hats off to you...scenes in Runner, Condemned, Trinity, Conversion, Duet, Lost Boys...AWESOME!
                  Can't wait to see what you have for us in the second half...Darn it...I have to wait until January...wished I was in Canada right now!

Great work..Thanks....Good luck in Season 3!
                  Thanx for all the kind words.........I can't tell you anything about Season 3 because I don't have a script for the first episode in my hand........I won't know anything until about 2 weeks before production begins......sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by purpletoo1

Just wanted to show off how "wow" you are in the Siege! You are in awesome shape! Do you know if you will be in any more eps to come?
                    I don't know, but thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by telpethoniel
                      Hi, I've got a question,
                      Do you know if we will see more Athosian men (fighting?) in the next season (3)?
                      If you don't know then would you like to see more Ethosian men in season 3?
                      It was nice to see Teyla fighting with someone who actually knew how to fight and who was an even match for her. It just showed how good she really is.
                      I can't tell you for sure, but I would like to have a fight on screen with Rachel again.......actually Rachel, Jason, and I have been kicking around the idea of me fighting both of them at the same time......now that would be plenty of fun!!

Comment

Since there hasn't been anyone asking a question for a few days now I thought I might post one (If anybody disagrees with me asking a second question, please feel free to delete this post)

Hi BamBam, I hope you don't mind but I looked up your biography on the IMDB website and it states that you have worked on over 114 films and TV shows in the last 13 years, that's pretty impressive, you have done a wonderful job (my favourite non-Stargate being The Chronicles of Riddick).

My question is- Apart from Stargate, what has been the film or tv show that you have enjoyed the most or learned the most from working on?
                        "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
                        "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
                        Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

Hey Bam, just signed up here moments ago!

What martial arts do u know? and how u get started in the stunt world? as my brother trained to become a stuntman a few years ago!

And might I say kick ass stick fighting in atlantis!

Comment

BAM,

I do not know if you have been asked this question so I will pose a 2nd question just in case:
                            Which scenes are you most proud of in SG?
                            Are there any fight scenes in any upcoming eps that you can tell us about?
                            All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                            Pay it forward

Comment

James...

Just wanted to say that I finally got, and read part one of Shike...it's very good, though I have to say, not something I'd have pictured a guy being into. While there is plenty of action between the various warring factions, there seems to be plenty of romance going on in there as well...thanks for the recommendation...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                              "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by telpethoniel
                                Since there hasn't been anyone asking a question for a few days now I thought I might post one (If anybody disagrees with me asking a second question, please feel free to delete this post)

Hi BamBam, I hope you don't mind but I looked up your biography on the IMDB website and it states that you have worked on over 114 films and TV shows in the last 13 years, that's pretty impressive, you have done a wonderful job (my favourite non-Stargate being The Chronicles of Riddick).

My question is- Apart from Stargate, what has been the film or tv show that you have enjoyed the most or learned the most from working on?
                                That is really hard to answer as..........hello btw...............I learn something new from every different show I work on. I know that sounds like a cop-out and is not a proper answer, but it's the truth..........sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X