This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Bam Bam!
    Thanks so much for answering our quesions. I really enjoy reading your thread and love the fights/stunts on SGA. They are most impressive!
    A spoilerish question here!
    Did you have to choreograph any cool fights/stunts for Epiphany?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
      Hi Bam Bam!
      Thanks so much for answering our quesions. I really enjoy reading your thread and love the fights/stunts on SGA. They are most impressive!
      A spoilerish question here!
      Did you have to choreograph any cool fights/stunts for Epiphany?
      Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by TAE
        Is the fight choregraph hard on the actors?
        It can be challenging for the actors.......sometimes they get little bruises and such, but that's part of action.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM
          Yes.
          I'm glad you stuck to such a cryptic answer on that one BamBam...since that's one episode I don't want to read any spoilers for...

I'm loving the work you guys are doing on the show this season with the stunts and action sequences...
          Spoiler:
          and hanging David Hewlett from a tree...
          classic!

How's training coming? Any new schools of thought for fighting styles???

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
          "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Do any of the actors have a martial arts background?
            First born, Firsr Ruler and a double Saint

Comment

Hi, BamBam!

Love reading all the cool info here, and I can't wait to see you in Vancouver next March.

I just wanted to let you know that I really LOVED all the cool sparring and training/testing in Duet and that you've really inspired me to get my butt back into the gym!

Oh, and you also inspired me to create a shirt for ya (as I make t-shirts as a hobby).

Here's the jist :

Comment

Originally posted by TAE
                Do any of the actors have a martial arts background?
                David Hewlett has taken some Tae Kwon Do at one time or another in his life. Rachel only started her training the day we met at the begining of the first season. Jason Momoa has taken a small amount of Kendo, everything else was taught to him upon joining our cast. Paul McGillion was apparently a high level Greco-Roman Wrestler at one time. Joe has trained only for specific sequences in the show. That's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor
                  Hi, BamBam!

Love reading all the cool info here, and I can't wait to see you in Vancouver next March.

I just wanted to let you know that I really LOVED all the cool sparring and training/testing in Duet and that you've really inspired me to get my butt back into the gym!

Oh, and you also inspired me to create a shirt for ya (as I make t-shirts as a hobby).

Here's the jist :

Thank you for all of your interest!! Great design! That is the name I sometimes use when I play role playing games on the net, like WOW or Everquest.

Comment

I have asked you some question earlier when you first started posting and hadn't asked another until now but I have read your thread. Thanks for your patience with us.

Ever since I have found out whot you look like, I sort of play Where's Bambam. In Duet, was that you that was fighting (or being trained) by Dex when Dr. Weir wanted to talk to him?

Comment

BamBam,

Congrats on the great work you're doing on season 2! Loving all the fight scenes with Dex. Are we ever going to see Shep training with Dex (instead of standing back and letting his men get their butts kicked )? That would be...interesting

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                        I have asked you some question earlier when you first started posting and hadn't asked another until now but I have read your thread. Thanks for your patience with us.

Ever since I have found out whot you look like, I sort of play Where's Bambam. In Duet, was that you that was fighting (or being trained) by Dex when Dr. Weir wanted to talk to him?
                        Not I sir. Those were my stunt guys. I have not made an appearance on the show since last season during the sparring match with Teyla.
                        Last edited by 2BAM; 08 August 2005, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM
                          I was not quoting "The Karate Kid" actually.......I was quoting Bruce Lee from "Enter the Dragon"..........basically......"The Karate Kid" was quoting from the same reference. The actual line is...."Boards, don't hit back."
                          *slaps hand to head* Aack, now I'm missing Bruce Lee references. It reminded me of something way back when you said that was similar. Sorry for the silly mistake.

Anyways, just saw Runner (I know, I'm behind!--can't WAIT to watch the Teyla/Dex fight), and have to add my kudos for the Ford/Dex fight. Such close space always seems harder to not mess up (to me at least), so I was wondering how much prep that took and how it went?
                          And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                          Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                          Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                          Daniel: Oh! You see?
                          Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Merentha
                            BamBam,

Congrats on the great work you're doing on season 2! Loving all the fight scenes with Dex. Are we ever going to see Shep training with Dex (instead of standing back and letting his men get their butts kicked )? That would be...interesting
                            I doubt it...............but anything could happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
                              *slaps hand to head* Aack, now I'm missing Bruce Lee references. It reminded me of something way back when you said that was similar. Sorry for the silly mistake.

Anyways, just saw Runner (I know, I'm behind!--can't WAIT to watch the Teyla/Dex fight), and have to add my kudos for the Ford/Dex fight. Such close space always seems harder to not mess up (to me at least), so I was wondering how much prep that took and how it went?
                              Let me see....................I met Jason on a Friday, I think, and we started training on the Monday. We had about 3 good days of full rehearsal(4 hour days), and a couple of brush-ups in between. Rainbow was not available until the latter part of that week, so he had about half the amount of time to prepare for it. I am very proud of both of the boys for this one. I've said it before. I'll say it again. I am very proud.

Comment

Did you competed in a tournament and won?
                                First born, Firsr Ruler and a double Saint

Comment

Working...
                                X