This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TAE
    Was it hard getting your second dan in Karate? Right now I'm a 1st dan in Tae Kwon Do and Hapkido, and working on another dan. Is it fun training in the martial arts for you?
    Yes, of course it was hard. It better be hard or it's not worth it. Too many TKD schools just want money out of the students and make it too easy to get a black belt. As long as they pay the money, they get the belt. We used to refer to alot of these such schools as, "pay more dough". As with anything that you are into, of course training in martial arts is fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ruff
      Don't know if this has been asked but, will we see some traditional ninjutsu moves on the show at some point? That would be cool
      Let me think about that.....no. Well..............maybe. Uh.........well.......no.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM
        Yes, of course it was hard. It better be hard or it's not worth it. Too many TKD schools just want money out of the students and make it too easy to get a black belt. As long as they pay the money, they get the belt. We used to refer to alot of these such schools as, "pay more dough". As with anything that you are into, of course training in martial arts is fun!!
        Where do you do your training?
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
          Where do you do your training?
          I do not live in the same city as my original dojo any longer so I am unable to train there. I train all over the city of Vancouver and its surrounding areas. Recently, over the last 6 months, I have been training after work at a fighters gym, "FRANCO'S KICKBOXING and PANKRATION". Because of the diverse needs of my career, I must update and broaden my training continually.

Comment

Would you say there is a great difference between a Dojo and a normal Gym?
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Wow, two questions. Since my original training that I began at the age of twelve, I have had experience training in Karate, Kung Fu, Jeet Kune Do, Kali, Muay Thai, Boxing, Submission Wrestling(very little), and a few others.
              Wow, the next logical question is now... Do you dance?

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
              Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Hi Mr B...
                I would like to say how much I enjoyed the fight scene between Ronon and Ford... the boys looked like seasoned campaigners...
                But I was also rather taken with the rather slick looking blade that Ronon was carrying... who was responsible for it's design and what was it's "inspiration"?
                sigpic
                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

How many hours a day do you train? How long was your belt test? for my belt it was well over 6 hours long. Did you have to spar people?
                  I tell you what doing well over 4000 jumping jacks and a lot of push ups hurt, but well earned. one more question? did you have to break bricks on your test?
                  First born, Firsr Ruler and a double Saint

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                    Would you say there is a great difference between a Dojo and a normal Gym?
                    That depends..........what's a normal gym?

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                      Wow, the next logical question is now... Do you dance?
                      Only in the club........................

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                        Hi Mr B...
                        I would like to say how much I enjoyed the fight scene between Ronon and Ford... the boys looked like seasoned campaigners...
                        But I was also rather taken with the rather slick looking blade that Ronon was carrying... who was responsible for it's design and what was it's "inspiration"?
                        That would be James Robbins and myself. I kind of had an icepick like blade in mind...........we came close...........I'm glad you took notice of it. Thanx.

Comment

Originally posted by TAE
                          How many hours a day do you train? How long was your belt test? for my belt it was well over 6 hours long. Did you have to spar people?
                          I tell you what doing well over 4000 jumping jacks and a lot of push ups hurt, but well earned. one more question? did you have to break bricks on your test?
                          One answer..............read the thread rules..............you only get one question per post......................one answer..........bricks don't hit back!!

Comment

One answer..............read the thread rules..............you only get one question per post......................one answer..........bricks don't hit back!!
                            Just have to say, with all your training and skills, I love that you quote the Karate Kid. (Although the fact that I've become old enough to see kids who don't know what that is depresses me).
                            And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                            Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                            Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                            Daniel: Oh! You see?
                            Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
                              Just have to say, with all your training and skills, I love that you quote the Karate Kid. (Although the fact that I've become old enough to see kids who don't know what that is depresses me).
                              I was not quoting "The Karate Kid" actually.......I was quoting Bruce Lee from "Enter the Dragon"..........basically......"The Karate Kid" was quoting from the same reference. The actual line is...."Boards, don't hit back."

Comment

Is the fight choregraph hard on the actors?
                                First born, Firsr Ruler and a double Saint

Comment

Working...
                                X